can anyone tell me how to navigate in the browser when there are drop down menus, but the title menu of the drop down actually goes to a different place? It is driving me nuts when i am trying to navigate a website through drop down menus and can never get where i want to go because it is on the drop down menu! I know that the iPhones open the menu and the second tap takes you where you want to go. Why cant RIM do something like this???
    08-07-11 05:39 AM
    agreed...I find this annoying too!

Hopefully they can come up with a solution...maybe a two finger click or something, I dunno
    08-07-11 06:31 AM
    Could you give us an example of a website with which you are having this problem??

We are ready to help!
    08-07-11 06:33 AM
    08-07-11 06:44 AM
    What I have found to work is tap and hold the menu. You will see it drop as usual but keep holding until the playbook context menu comes up. Release your finger and click cancel on the context menu. At that point the drop down menu should still be open and you can click the menu option you are looking for. If you need to go deeper in menus just repeat the process until you see the menu option you need. Hope tbis helps.
    quellerie likes this.
    08-07-11 09:00 AM
    I use two fingers. Open the drop.down and hold your finger there and with the other tap your selection. Let go and it should stay open then tap where you want to go. Trial and error.
    08-07-11 04:22 PM
    Put your finger on top of the link, and scroll slightly.
    Be cause you swiped your finger, it will not be considered a click.

Once you take your finger up, the menu will stay displayed.

Works every time.
    08-07-11 08:14 PM
    I hold on the drop down until the full menu appears and then I swipe off the menu and release, this keeps the full menu up so you can select what you want.
    08-07-11 08:17 PM
    I hold on the drop down until the full menu appears and then I swipe off the menu and release, this keeps the full menu up so you can select what you want.
    Does this still work for others now that OS2.0 is in use, because it isn't working for me any more.
    02-23-12 02:35 PM
    Here's another great use for the bridge remote. In addition to being able to type without losing screen real estate taken up by the keyboard, you can use the trackpad to move the mouse around and hover over top-level menu items which pops out the submenu.
    02-23-12 02:48 PM
    I've spent some time talking with Playbook Support, and it appears that the "Put your finger on top of the link, and scroll slightly" technique with dropdown lists no longer works with the built-in browser on OS2.0. Hopefully BB will fix this in an update to the OS.

Workarounds:
    1. Works fine if you connect a bluetooth mouse
    2. Install Dolphin Browser HD from AppWorld. Drop down lists stay open, and active, with this browser.
    3. I expect that louzer's use of Bridge should work just fine with the built-in browser, but I don't have a BB phone....
    02-24-12 01:16 PM
    I downloaded purple zone from app world and using this browser for sites that have drop down menus works perfectly!
    03-09-14 12:03 PM
    I downloaded purple zone from app world and using this browser for sites that have drop down menus works perfectly!
    Did you mean Purple Search for Google?
    03-09-14 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD