On the playbook I still have issues using drop down menus. If i tap the menu icon, the menu flickers on and off and the browser starts loading a page. If i tap and hold a drop down menu icon, the annoying window pops up giving me the "copy/save link/save link as/...etc" window replaces the drop down menu.

Is there any way to navigate it on a playbook?
    06-19-13 05:49 AM
    On the playbook I still have issues using drop down menus. If i tap the menu icon, the menu flickers on and off and the browser starts loading a page. If i tap and hold a drop down menu icon, the annoying window pops up giving me the "copy/save link/save link as/...etc" window replaces the drop down menu.

That's the problem with all touch screen devices trying to access desktop site.
    It u use a Bluetooth mouse it should fix the problem or bb device with hid.
    06-19-13 06:06 AM
    I find Origami Browser is able to handle drop down menus better than any other browser I've tried. Maybe it doesn't work for all of them, but it certainly works for some of them (and I seem to recall having problems like you described with other browsers I tried in the past, but none since I switched to Origami).
    Dr_Acula likes this.
    06-19-13 06:54 AM
    I find Origami Browser is able to handle drop down menus better than any other browser I've tried. Maybe it doesn't work for all of them, but it certainly works for some of them (and I seem to recall having problems like you described with other browsers I tried in the past, but none since I switched to Origami).
    That's nice

I had this prob on android too when using desktop site.
    06-19-13 07:01 AM
    I hate mouse overs even on a desktop. Sometimes a fast triple tap will make the drop down stay there so you can choose something in it.
    06-19-13 08:16 AM
    I hate mouse overs even on a desktop. Sometimes a fast triple tap will make the drop down stay there so you can choose something in it.
    Indeed. I feel it's rather poor web design technique to use mouse overs, especially in this day and age of touch screen devices (phones, tablets, even convertible laptop thingies).
    06-19-13 09:59 AM
    Indeed. I feel it's rather poor web design technique to use mouse overs, especially in this day and age of touch screen devices (phones, tablets, even convertible laptop thingies).
    Yes, if I want to see what is in there I'll click on it. I dislike my mouse landing somewhere and a menu or whatever will pop up because it landed where someone uses mouse overs. I want my mouse to be able to land wherever and do nothing unless I click on it.
    06-19-13 10:03 AM

I have found that, sometimes, if Istroke the button, the list will pop up and stay, but it is hit and miss.
    Last edited by gwinegarden; 06-20-13 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Typos
    06-20-13 03:57 PM