can anyone tell me where i can pay to buy movies i can download onto the playbook hard drive to watch offline
    09-02-12 03:19 PM
    Try Video Store in Appworld.
    09-02-12 03:30 PM
    will i be able to acess this in the uk
    09-02-12 03:42 PM
    That, I can't answer as I live in Canada.

But, hopefully some of our UK members will chime in and help you on this.

RIM launches BlackBerry Video Store: Movie streaming service with Blu-Ray super powers | Electricpig

Good luck.
    09-02-12 04:30 PM
    I am in exactly the same boat as you my friend I am here in the UK as well and got nothing to watch.
    YouTube movies is okay but that's only to rent films not to buy and download them to my playbook. The playbook is exactly what I want and need all I need is movies on the playbook and I will be fully converted.
    09-02-12 06:24 PM
    The Video Store works worldwide... provided your PlayBook is under a US proxy. You can hunt one down here.

Once downloaded, you can watch them offline without issues using both the Video Store built-in player or the native Videos app.
    09-02-12 06:53 PM
    The Video Store works worldwide... provided your PlayBook is under a US proxy. You can hunt one down here.

Once downloaded, you can watch them offline without issues using both the Video Store built-in player or the native Videos app.
    I've been trying to "hide my " but I'm registering myself the system says "we're sorry we encountered an unexpected problem please try clicking your Back Button or close your browser and try again." I've tried more than once. Any tips?

Thanks man.
    09-02-12 11:14 PM
    09-02-12 11:57 PM
    STEP 1:-
    Add movie videos to the program

Click on the "Add Video" icon to add single video one by one or add video folder at a time. After video importation, you will see all the video files listing on the program. Rename or reorder them if necessary.

STEP 2:-
    Select output video format

Unfold the "Profile" panel and choose the specific output video format according to the Blackberry PlayBook compatible video formats mentioned above. Take "MP4" for an example.

STEP 3:-
    Set advanced file parameters

If you want the output video and audio best fit for you, you can click on "Settings" button to switch to the following panel for further setting.

STEP 4:-
    Start video to PlayBook conversion

Only by clicking on the "Convert" button on the main interface and then the program will begin to convert video to PlayBook for you.

And what should be mentioned here is that you can also edit the video before you start the video to PlayBook conversion, for example, merging files into one, applying video and audio settings to all files, trimming and cropping video to get the exact part, adjusting video brightness, contrast, saturation and volume, adding image or text watermark to the video and so on.

The final step is to connect your PC with Blackberry PlayBook and transfer all the converted video files to it. You can flawlessly watch all movie videos on PlayBook under the help of Video to PlayBook Converter. Just download it and have a try.
    09-03-12 01:49 AM
    If you have dvd that you want onto PlayBook they mist be made into BlackBerry format. There are many systems out for doing this but my favorite is Anydvd. It isn't free but you get a 2 week test drive for free.
    09-03-12 04:54 AM
    That, I can't answer as I live in Canada.

But, hopefully some of our UK members will chime in and help you on this.

RIM launches BlackBerry Video Store: Movie streaming service with Blu-Ray super powers | Electricpig

Good luck.
    thanks

can anyone tell me if you can download films from blinbox onto the playbook hard drive
    09-03-12 04:30 PM
    Unfortunatly no my friend it uses 'silverlight' or something like that only apple ipads. Mac and pc can only use and download films from blinkbox.
    However you can rent films off YouTube movies if that helps.
    09-03-12 05:42 PM
    If you can download movies onto your desktop...then it is only a matter of copy and paste on to the playbook video folder after connecting it to desktop via usb...the transfer shouln't take more than 4 mins...however sometimes you need to be careful to make sure the video format is playable on playbook...any videos using ac3 audio codec don't work...so convert those ones...good luck..

I do that all the time and for foreign films you can download a free .srt player for subs from app world...works like a charm..
    Last edited by annon91221; 09-03-12 at 06:08 PM.
    09-03-12 06:04 PM
    I've been trying to "hide my " but I'm registering myself the system says "we're sorry we encountered an unexpected problem please try clicking your Back Button or close your browser and try again." I've tried more than once. Any tips?

Thanks man.
    You go to IP proxy, filter to US only and search. Then you get one of them and edit your wifi accordingly.

You'll know it worked when the Video Store loads with all its content.
    09-03-12 09:23 PM
    If you can download movies onto your desktop...then it is only a matter of copy and paste on to the playbook video folder after connecting it to desktop via usb...the transfer shouln't take more than 4 mins...however sometimes you need to be careful to make sure the video format is playable on playbook...any videos using ac3 audio codec don't work...so convert those ones...good luck..

I do that all the time and for foreign films you can download a free .srt player for subs from app world...works like a charm..
    Is that completely legal or not?
    09-04-12 07:09 AM
    Is that completely legal or not?
    Maybe or maybe NOT.

If you already own the dvd, then in SOME jurisdictions, it is more legal. In some owning the dvd supposedly does not allow it. If you don't own the dvd it is most likely not legal.
    09-04-12 09:29 AM
    Proxy + Video Store = legally bought/rented videos.

And RIM gets a cut of the profit...
    09-04-12 10:12 AM
    See I might just stick to YouTube movies and rent them from there, untill the uk gets the movie store app for the PlayBook.
    09-04-12 10:43 AM
    Hmm, I did a search and found this thread Saving the PlayBook: The best connected tablet? | Electricpig which suggests that Blinkbox works?
    09-05-12 04:10 AM
    Hmm thats seems lagit But my only concern is that if that blog was posted a good couple of months ago then maybe RIM or blinkbox for some reason has stopped the ability to play movies onto tthe playbook. Sure i will try it out now for you and i will post my findings as soon as i find them.
    09-05-12 07:08 AM
    I did some more searching and it appears that Blinkbox switched to silverlight albeit only a few days ago Blinkbox switches from Flash to Silverlight | The Digital Lifestyle.com

So surpirsed more wasn't made of Blinkbox in the interim if it was working?
    09-05-12 07:19 AM
    Yeap i know. I have just came from there after watching a free move episode thinking that Blinkbox acctualy works on the playbook then i read lower down and it said that it will be chaninging to silverlight in a few days .
    I am in a way kind of a way disapointed not in the playbook because i think the playbook is great and i love it to bits but i am kind of getting sick of the playbooks lack of movie Features because over here in the uk there is no move store to watch films on and i am finding it hard to get a website that supports the playbook to watch films on.
    09-05-12 07:59 AM
    Thank you for contacting us here at blinkbox with regards to your query.

Blackberry Playbook is not compatible with our site, customers were able to view content as it run's Flash but we have switched to Microsoft Silverlight.

We are looking into having an App for the Playbook and Android market but it is still in development stages and will be available shortly.

You will not be able to purchase using your Blackberry Playbook, there is no way to link the purchase to your blinkbox account. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to view paid content on your Playbook as all the content needs to be coded for specific device.

For the current list of compatible devices, please go to: How to watch blinkbox on a range of devices | blinkbox

So i just got this email from Blinkbox saying that there in an app coming out for the playbook and android which will let us watch there movies. I know this might take a while to come out but at least it is something.
    09-05-12 08:24 AM
    Thank you for contacting us here at blinkbox with regards to your query.

Blackberry Playbook is not compatible with our site, customers were able to view content as it run's Flash but we have switched to Microsoft Silverlight.

We are looking into having an App for the Playbook and Android market but it is still in development stages and will be available shortly.

You will not be able to purchase using your Blackberry Playbook, there is no way to link the purchase to your blinkbox account. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to view paid content on your Playbook as all the content needs to be coded for specific device.

For the current list of compatible devices, please go to: How to watch blinkbox on a range of devices | blinkbox

So i just got this email from Blinkbox saying that there in an app coming out for the playbook and android which will let us watch there movies. I know this might take a while to come out but at least it is something.
    Ha - I just asked them the same query and got pretty much the same response. They must have thought it odd to get a couple of the same questions hours apart!!
    09-05-12 08:35 AM
    More info for UK users, I pressed for a bit more detail and their current aims are that the Playbook app will be based on their android app, which they hope to have ready by Christmas (no promises, just current targets I understand). Fingers crossed, would make it first main UK solution - although I'm strongly considering just getting a VPN jobby and using US video store and amazon prime...
    09-07-12 04:10 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD