Hi,

I normally download and burn movies to a dvd, but recently purchased a playbook and thought of dragging the files into my Playbook to view the movies. I know that the Playbook would automatically convert the files, but half of them have NO SOUND, even though the picture is perfect viewing quality.

What can I do to enable sound in these movies? And why the heck did some of them work properly? Surely there must be something I can do??!!

Thanks!
    Zebra
    02-28-12 11:46 PM
    First thing to do is to stop expecting the Playbook to automatically work as a video converter.

Then, download "Handbrake" (for free) to your PC, which is a tool to do exactly that. You can still watch everything you'd want to, but will need to put in a little work in advance of doing so (it can take as long to convert as it would to watch).

The explanation is that the Playbook doesn't have a commonly used audio codec.
    zebra7860 likes this.
    02-29-12 03:39 AM
    the playbook needs to have the audio in .mp3 format on the movies that you are watching, if the video type is supported and the vidoe play but without sound than the video file was created with probably .AC3 or other audio compression.

Using Handbrake will solve you issues if you need to convert it, or look for copies that state the audio format is .mp3.
    zebra7860 likes this.
    02-29-12 08:46 AM
    If your expectation is for PB to support majority of video files since it supports .avi and .mkv, you'll be disappointed. It has been discussed many times already, and it frustrates me as well.
    zebra7860 likes this.
    02-29-12 08:53 AM
    You can use Handbrake (or any other Converter program, find on the net). You should convert to Mpeg4 or h264. Audio codec should be AAC.

THEN you can transfer/drag/drop onto the playbook.

C
    02-29-12 10:02 AM
    You can use Handbrake (or any other Converter program, find on the net). You should convert to Mpeg4 or h264. Audio codec should be AAC.

THEN you can transfer/drag/drop onto the playbook.

C
    02-29-12 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD