I bought a playbook 16gb in the boxingday sale and love it, so I,m pretty much new to this. I looking for some films for it where can I download them from and what sort of file size should I be expecting?
    12-29-11 07:45 PM
    Do you download movies to your computer?
    Just download the movie to your computer and sideload it to your Playbook.
    The Playbook plays avi files the best.
    As for size, I have a 16gb and just make sure that I delete a movie after I watch it. The PB is small, so I tend to watch movies on it only when waiting for the wife!
    Last edited by countant; 12-29-11 at 07:54 PM.
    12-29-11 07:50 PM
    A DVD copy should be about 1-1.5GB, a 720p feature film probably will be 4-5GB, and a good rip of a 1080p movie is about 8-10GB. So that gives you some DVD quality movies, or a couple of 720p movies, and just a single 1080p movie.
    Movies usually come with AC3 or DTS audio, so you will need to convert the audio stream to AAC or MP3 before putting them back together. MKV support is supposed to come with TabletOS 2.0.

All that said, if you are hanging out at home, you can use ORB or SonicAir to stream movies and music from a powerful desktop computer.
    12-29-11 08:11 PM
    No i've never downloaded movies ever I'm a bit in the dark ages there, where can I get them? I've tried ripping dvds with handbreak but that just end in a mess so far I'll that again today.
    12-30-11 04:20 AM
    The best way iv found is to goto thepiratebay.org find a torrent i like and use Download torrents from the web. Fast. Easy. to download movies directly to my PB
    12-30-11 04:56 AM
    The best way iv found is to goto thepiratebay.org find a torrent i like and use Download torrents from the web. Fast. Easy. to download movies directly to my PB
    Once you get beyond the issue of legality (not judging at all), reading here, some folks want the absolute best quality HD versions and many torrent sites do create great copies but sometimes sacrifice the ultimate quality going for an efficient size.
    12-30-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD