So I think I'm gonna take the plunge and purchase a Playbook as an addition to my 9850. When I download Bridge, should I download it from App World or OTA? Is Bridge browsing frowned upon by all carriers or just AT&T?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 04:41 PM
    So I think I'm gonna take the plunge and purchase a Playbook as an addition to my 9850. When I download Bridge, should I download it from App World or OTA? Is Bridge browsing frowned upon by all carriers or just AT&T?

I purchased my first PB last night and on the way home, d/led Bridge onto my 9850. Setup couldn't have been easier, literally took a minute. I'm w/Verizon so I couldn't answer your question specifically to AT&T.

As usual, read lots of downtalk about the PB (not any different from the negativity of the 9850/60) but these two together are awesome!
    10-01-11 04:47 PM
    I purchased my first PB last night and on the way home, d/led Bridge onto my 9850. Setup couldn't have been easier, literally took a minute. I'm w/Verizon so I couldn't answer your question specifically to AT&T.

As usual, read lots of downtalk about the PB (not any different from the negativity of the 9850/60) but these two together are awesome!
    I've done a ton of research on the PB and can definitely tell it is a great tablet!

I'm with Sprint, but had read in passing about AT&T's issues with Bridge browsing.

10-01-11 04:56 PM
    You should just be able to download from appworld. So far only AT&T users have issues with the regular appworld bridge.
    10-01-11 05:22 PM
    What issues are AT&T users having? I'm considering purchasing a PlayBook and am curious. Is it considered Tethering?

10-01-11 08:49 PM
    Yes, AT&T calls bridging Tethering. Easy, just go to rroyy.com, OTA bridge is there. Use the browser on your phone to download.
    10-02-11 10:39 AM
    Yes, AT&T calls bridging Tethering. Easy, just go to rroyy.com, OTA bridge is there. Use the browser on your phone to download.
    just unistall the appworld version of bridge before installing the one from rroyy.com and enjoy
    10-02-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD