I have a new BB playbook. I just wany to download some books off my friends computer hard drive. But I plug in playbook to a port, and now I can't seem to download anything. Can someone just tell me how to do it please.
    Thanks
    Thunderstick
    10-10-11 04:49 PM
    The pb generally shows up as another DRIVE, sometimes the Z: drive.

Do you hear the 'usb bong' sound showing a connection?

You could also try wifi sharing. It is located under Option, StorageAndSharing.

Then you can use Windows Explorer or Run //ip-address of playbook.
    10-10-11 05:21 PM
    In order to transfer files through USB, you have to install the BB Desktop Manager.
    10-10-11 07:34 PM
    In order to transfer files through USB, you have to install the BB Desktop Manager.
    Correct, after you open the DM and connect the USB to the PB the Z: will appear. Then you can do your standard file move/copy/paste and make directories.
    10-10-11 09:11 PM
    It's very easy with BB Desktop Manager, download, install and you're ready to go
    10-10-11 10:53 PM
    I think the issue is that installing Desktop Manager on a friend's computer might be pushing the friendship! I don't know but does wifi-sharing (if the person has wifi) require any special installation?
    10-11-11 12:42 AM
    wifi-sharing shouldn't require any special installation, however "file and printer sharing" must be allowed in the windows firewall etc. Don't know if that is enabled by default or not (it might be set when windows asks you if you are connected to private or public network).
    10-11-11 02:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD