I'm Really teed off. This week I down loaded one free game and one free app.

Now, for 2 days my native email is filled with useless ads.

To open each of these downloads, I had to 'accept' 3 security options for each one that said I could change these later.

I deleted the game right after trying it. The app is orgami free browser.

My playbook email is linked with my yahoo email, so I checked my yahoo mail and not one of these spam ads is there - not even in my yahoo mail spam filter.

They are not going to my yahoo mail but directly to my playbook native email.

How do I stop this flood of garbage filling up my email ??
    09-18-13 05:34 PM
    There is no Playbook native email account. These emails are either going to your Yahoo account or to another account that you set up in Messages. What you're describing is not possible.
    09-18-13 06:18 PM
    When you said 'messages' - did you mean the 'accounts' tab in playbook tools menu? I only set up yahoo.
    09-18-13 06:47 PM
    I have Origami Browser installed on my PB, recently in fact, and it never has sent me spam or ask me to do security questions to install in fact. Maybe the game you installed is the actual culprit but as the other person posted earlier as well, there is no such thing as a native email acct on the PB. Sorry you are getting the spam though...what a pain.
    Herve5 likes this.
    09-18-13 06:55 PM
    I have Origami Browser installed on my PB, recently in fact, and it never has sent me spam or ask me to do security questions to install in fact. Maybe the game you installed is the actual culprit but as the other person posted earlier as well, there is no such thing as a native email acct on the PB. Sorry you are getting the spam though...what a pain.
    I uploaded only from the BlackBerry app store icon. I deleted the game, but kept Origami. Also checked my yahoo mail. Lots of spam gets directly rerouted to the spam folder and never to the yahoo inbox. The spam mails I got on my playbook do not exist anhwhere in my yahoo accts.
    09-18-13 07:06 PM
    I used a totally unique email for my clock playbook and origami is one of the apps installed. The only emails to that email address are from BB and from app world from when I purchased a clock app.

I think your spam is coming from somewhere else, not from Origami browser.
    09-18-13 07:13 PM
    I used a totally unique email for my clock playbook and origami is one of the apps installed. The only emails to that email address are from BB and from app world from when I purchased a clock app.

I think your spam is coming from somewhere else, not from Origami browser.
    I agree, I highly doubt it is origami browser.
    09-18-13 07:16 PM
    Open one of the spam messages you're talking about in Messages. Then, put your finger on the message and pull it down so it shows the "To" box. What email address was it sent to? If it doesn't show an email address in the "to" box, tap on what appears in the box and the email address should pop up.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-13 07:32 PM
    Open one of the spam messages you're talking about in Messages. Then, put your finger on the message and pull it down so it shows the "To" box. What email address was it sent to? If it doesn't show an email address in the "to" box, tap on what appears in the box and the email address should pop up.
    OK, this is interesting.
    Got another one this morning.
    Went and checked yahoo mail and it was in the spam folder, not in the yahoo mailbox.
    Went back to native playbook mail to checked who is was from -. 'theunbittenguru.info'
    What do I do?
    09-19-13 05:44 AM
    OK, this is interesting.
    Went and checked yahoo mail and it was in the spam folder, not in the yahoo mailbox.
    Went back to native playbook mail to checked who is was from -. 'theunbittenguru.info'
    What do I do?
    I can add to the suggestions that it is not Origami that is sending the Spam.
    I would suspect the game. If you downloaded it from the BB store, then you should be able to contact the developer via there, and complain, or maybe contact BB store and tell them. Also, in Yahoo, there should be an option to mark the email as spam which might help...
    It could possibly help if you mention the name of the game. Someone else may be able to supply more information, or maybe rule it out as the possible cause...
    What is the nature of the email (DONT open any attachments!) but is there any hint in the email subject that may shed further light?
    09-19-13 07:07 AM
    OK, this is interesting.
    What do I do?
    There is a feature in yahoo mail that might help. You can block email addys. On the PC, access your yahoo account. In the upper right, there is a purple gear. Click that and go to Mail Options. Under advanced options, there is blocked addresses. Add that address there. I know that may be tedious if you have a lot of spam. Try it first on one email and if it works do it to the others. It is strange that the email was in spam on the PC but was let through to the PB. There are also filters you can create if the emails are similar in content.
    09-19-13 07:40 AM
    What was the game that you downloaded? I'm using origami browser and don't have any problems with it.
    09-19-13 08:05 AM
    How about set Hide Filed Messages = ON in messages settings so not to display yahoo spam folder?
    09-19-13 09:23 AM
    How about set Hide Filed Messages = ON in messages settings so not to display yahoo spam folder?
    I haven't had to change any settings when I set up yahoo and none of the spam that collects shows up on my playbook. There are methods to set what mail folders sync with the account on playbook as well. Just shut off the sync to the spam folder.
    09-19-13 09:26 AM