from what i have seen on here. lots of people were running into issues since this update was installed with app world and the notification area.

i was also one of these people. since the update my app world would give me he cool colorful "bubble background" but nothing after that.

the RST trick i noticed online helped but it would keep freezing up still.
    i decided to click check for update today and it was telling me there was a new update available with the same os version i already had but was a 5mb size file
    . i downloaded installed and restarted been running about 2 hours since with no app world issues at all. just as snappy as before the 1.0.5 update.
    anyone else have this mystery small update show up?
    06-10-11 01:23 PM
    Did you delete any shortcuts or anything like that? Apparently if you do, it tries to tell you that you need a small update (5 - 6 Mbytes according to other threads. - don't fall for it. Oops you already did.
    06-10-11 01:25 PM
    There is a thread like 5 threads down with the same issue and it was answered...why don't people search first? i know you have 2 posts but still....
    06-10-11 01:39 PM
    There is a thread like 5 threads down with the same issue and it was answered...why don't people search first? i know you have 2 posts but still....
    because people just hop on and want to be the "first" one to post some "new" news lol but they look likes idiots instead of searching first
    06-10-11 01:44 PM
    Dear Lord.

Look at me I forgot the auto search feature.
    06-10-11 02:17 PM
    Anyway crackberry can auto-block any thread titles with the words "OS update only 5-7 mb"
    06-10-11 02:19 PM
    check the build#. Same version, came out a day later. could also be the icon nonsence tho.. rep told me after the first one fried my PB, to try again as the build was updated..
    06-10-11 02:54 PM
    See thread : New 5 MB (!) 1.0.5.2304 PB OS Update - Confused...
    06-10-11 02:59 PM
    Man this one is getting old.
    06-10-11 04:19 PM
    This is no longer funny.

Well, I guess it's kinda funny, hehe. I keep thinking that enough time has passed since the update that every non-searching, "guess what I personally discovered" little kid has already posted their 2 cents. And then up pops another; like clock-work.

What's humorous, to me at least, is that I always feel the need to read through then, even though I already know exactly what they're going to say. These threads are like a fat guy in a leotard. You don't want to look, but you can't stop yourself.
    06-10-11 04:33 PM
    This is no longer funny.

Well, I guess it's kinda funny, hehe. I keep thinking that enough time has passed since the update that every non-searching, "guess what I personally discovered" little kid has already posted their 2 cents. And then up pops another; like clock-work.

What's humorous, to me at least, is that I always feel the need to read through then, even though I already know exactly what they're going to say. These threads are like a fat guy in a leotard. You don't want to look, but you can't stop yourself.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 06-10-11 at 09:04 PM.
    06-10-11 08:59 PM
    wow funny guys. except i did not say anything about the icons at all and no i did not erase the gmail, hotmail yahoo etc apps. i know when you remove it tries to reinstall them.

this thread was created to see if anyone else got a small update and then there app world started to work again as it stopped working after the os update.
    so if no one else got this / it fixed there app world then no need for anymore post's on this thread.
    06-10-11 09:57 PM
    omg.... these topics again?
    06-10-11 10:59 PM
    wow funny guys. except i did not say anything about the icons at all and no i did not erase the gmail, hotmail yahoo etc apps. i know when you remove it tries to reinstall them.

this thread was created to see if anyone else got a small update and then there app world started to work again as it stopped working after the os update.
    so if no one else got this / it fixed there app world then no need for anymore post's on this thread.
    Hate to have to call you out but these threads are just ridiculous. It's not possible that they pushed out a small update only to you. You HAD TO HAVE deleted one of the icons/apps (possibly the NFB app) in order for it to do that. Don't try to fight it, it's just how it goes. But don't try and say your issue was different so THAT is why you made this thread (#30 on the same topic, I believe mine was one of the first, if not first about the AOL,GMAIL,YAHOO icons).

As for the bubble loading screen, it was always there. Every build that was commercially released has had that. Your app world probably started working again because you were forced to do a restart after you installed the "new update".
    06-10-11 11:03 PM
    the fact that this was your first thread and you're up to 3 posts now makes it not as bad though. but still!
    06-10-11 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD