So I sideloaded PocketManga the other day and it said it had found a new update and wouldn't work until the update was applied. So I decided to see if, for some stroke of luck, downloading the apk update would magically work for the bar file. Not only was I wrong, but even after deleting the downloaded apk file from the PB the notification that it was downloaded still won't disappear.

Tried checking through the Android file system on the PB and restarting the PB multiple times, but the icon still pops up every time I go in and out of WiFi. And it's not like it's a new notification each time, it's the same timestamp from Saturday each time.

Any help with this beyond a Security Wipe (had to use cfp to straight-load .668 from the beta this weekend...) would be sincerely appreciated.
    09-19-12 08:42 PM
    Directions- thanks to SifJar and Yadadi:
    "I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.
    09-19-12 08:48 PM
    Perfect! Worked like a charm. Thanks so much for the quick reply and help.
    09-19-12 09:07 PM
    ahh sweet, i just had that situation too and was looking for an answer :P
    10-08-12 09:16 PM
    Had this problem again, this time trying to dl the latest Mobile Nations podcast through Flipboard, which tried to go through the Android emulator browser. So glad I remembered this thread since it got me the right directions straight away again. Was fumbling through Ghost Commander for a while last night with no luck...turns out I was looking in the wrong section completely!
    03-14-13 09:23 AM
    Thanks!!!
    I signed up for the sole reason of saying thanks to pacoman03 ... had a notification for weeks now and I thought I would turn mad!!!
    04-02-13 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD