About a week ago I inadvertently downloaded a web page, I promptly deleted it, but ever since I get this reminder everyday. I close it but it keeps
    coming back. I thought I had solved it by clearing my browser history, but today I needed to do a restart on the playbook and there it was back again.

Download Complete pops up everyday!!!-img_00000280.jpg
    03-06-13 11:46 AM
    Looks like how a browser hijacker behaves, downloading crap. Is such an animal possible on the PlayBook? The other question is why an Android character shows up in the download notice.

What website were you on?
    03-06-13 11:53 AM
    There are threads on trying to stop this. What I've captured

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.

A slightly easier method: Get "Quick App Manager" from the App World, run it and it should show icons for all Android apps. Tap "Downloads" (icon is a green square with a white downward arrow) and then "Open". From there delete the failed downloads.
    jmjiloveyou, dmaxing and tfrankson like this.
    03-06-13 12:22 PM
    You had the answer, I used Quick App Manager and hit the green download icon, hit Open on the menu, and there it was,"Playercard.htm. Hit delete and she is gone. Now to wait a day or 2 to see if she comes back. Thanks for the quick reply!!! F2
    03-06-13 02:55 PM
    Hopefully, gone for good. Let us know.
    03-06-13 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the help Quick App Manager worked for me. I've been having this annoying problem for awhile now and just haven't post my question yet. Luckily I found this thread before posting.

There are threads on trying to stop this. What I've captured

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.

A slightly easier method: Get "Quick App Manager" from the App World, run it and it should show icons for all Android apps. Tap "Downloads" (icon is a green square with a white downward arrow) and then "Open". From there delete the failed downloads.
    03-07-13 01:45 PM
    What a fantastic thread! And app! I have had one of those lingering download failed pop ups for over a month now. saw it once a day, sometimes several days. came from the good ereader app. Anyhow, this quick app manager has nicely removed it.
    03-07-13 11:07 PM