Apologies for cross-posting, but I need help.

After downgrading to 1.07, none of my bridge apps are working, except for bridge browser and bridge files. Attempting to open any other bridge app flashes a window open for a moment then closes it and the app never opens.

I have:
    - rebooted the PB
    - rebooted the phone
    - disconnected and re-connected the phone and PB from each other numerous times
    - re-installed the bridge software on the phone
    - reinstalled the PB OS 1.07 a second time

Can't find anything on the BB support forum. Help, anyone?
    10-19-11 09:10 PM
    thanks. have seen this post but i just dont get it.

Turn off your device......ok
    Open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager......ok
    Connect your device to your computer via USB.....ok...with playbook still off ?
    Enter your device password......i dont use password so i assume not required
    Enter your email address or uncheck.....do i restart the playbook ?
    click install.....does the playbook need to be on ?

maybe dumb Q but need help.
    tia.
    10-19-11 09:25 PM
    thanks. have seen this post but i just dont get it.

Turn off your device......ok
    Open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager......ok
    Connect your device to your computer via USB.....ok...with playbook still off ?
    Enter your device password......i dont use password so i assume not required
    Enter your email address or uncheck.....do i restart the playbook ?
    click install.....does the playbook need to be on ?

maybe dumb Q but need help.
    tia.
    Yes, connect with the PlayBook while it is still off. When you plug it in, it will begin restarting itself at the same time that a dialog opens asking for an email address. Very quickly uncheck the email notification and click Update. It will reload the OS and restart the PB after a few minutes.
    jack57 likes this.
    10-19-11 09:36 PM
    Yes, connect with the PlayBook while it is still off. When you plug it in, it will begin restarting itself at the same time that a dialog opens asking for an email address. Very quickly uncheck the email notification and click Update. It will reload the OS and restart the PB after a few minutes.
    thank you very much. appreciate your patience and help. last questions for now is do i need to do a wipe first ? or not necessary ? i assume i will lose anything i have when 1.7 reinstalls then will need to do a restore from back up.....
    10-19-11 09:54 PM
    thank you very much. appreciate your patience and help. last questions for now is do i need to do a wipe first ? or not necessary ? i assume i will lose anything i have when 1.7 reinstalls then will need to do a restore from back up.....
    You don't need to do a wipe. All my apps and data were left intact.
    l2iceman likes this.
    10-19-11 09:58 PM
    Hey guys, so this seems easy enough. However, I know have a problem that has come out of nowhere. D.M. is not detecting my PB when I connect it.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: By the way, it worked last night when I tried to downgrade, but at that time it had not been 24hrs yet. Now this morning when the 24hr time is up, its not detecting my device. Could there be a link between the two?
    Last edited by Locksheema; 10-20-11 at 03:54 AM.
    10-20-11 03:49 AM
    Sorry, me again. Could I try with my PB on?
    10-20-11 03:57 AM
    Its sorted, but is going very slowly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 04:35 AM
    You don't need to do a wipe. All my apps and data were left intact.
    18to7fiddy - dude it worked. thanks for all your help. you went above and beyond. gracias.back on 1.7 - looking forward to 2.0 like everyone else.
    10-20-11 10:48 PM
    Same here, downgraded using DM, then booted up my PB and got to the wifi setup screen, before the 24hr mark finished I was getting OS2 update in the wifi setup, after the 24hr's I got the 1.0.7 upgrade. Good thing it was an incremental 23mb update only
    10-20-11 11:10 PM
    i installed 2.0 in oct 19, today(oct 21) i just do a wipe,then restarted the system ,it only have one software (browser),all the other softwares has gone.
    then i try to restore to 1.0.7,
    when i plug playbook to pc with usb. it begin restarting and ask for the password.
    but "no dialog opens asking for an email address."

can anyone can help me ?thanks.
    10-21-11 04:32 AM
    I tried to downgrade unsuccessfully a few times. And wanted to share an observation that might spare folks some frustration.

I followed the directions at the knowledge base article: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...a/ta-p/1356501

1. Turn off your device.
    2. Open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager.
    3. Connect your device to your computer via USB.
    4. Enter your device password.
    5. Enter your email address or uncheck “Yes, email me when updates are available”.
    6. Click Install.

There should be a step 3a as there is a message box that pops up right as the PB powers up and DM first detects it.This dialog says that it cannot get to the device and gives 3 options: Retry, Update, or Cancel (or something along those lines)

IMPORTANT: This box eventually goes away when the PB fully boots and the first few times I tried this I must have missed that dialog!

I tried it again, and instead of waiting for the PB to fully boot I selected Update on this initial dialog. After this I was able to get to step 4 and proceed, after some time to connect I got a dialog that indicated the Tablet OS was being downloaded.

Fingers crossed that this fixes it.

Hopes this helps those who like to multi-task when doing the downgrade.
    Last edited by jazucco; 10-21-11 at 05:23 PM.
    10-21-11 05:20 PM
    Which version of DM should I be using?

10-21-11 06:31 PM
    Em doesn't pick up my Ph when I Connect it turned off

10-21-11 06:45 PM
    I couldn't get the dialog screen to pop up. Plugging in my switched-off PB only restarted it. So while plugged in and switched on, I tapped the battery icon and selected restart. The dialog did then come up and I selected update, unticked email update and selected install. Took awhile but all went smoothly. Also lost all video and apps, which still happen to be under appworld sign in.

10-23-11 04:47 AM
    I know there are a few over anxious people like myself that couldn't take the suspense and upgraded to the Playbook 2.0 Beta OS. The problem now, which has already been documented, is that going back to the previous OS version is not working. More specifically You are able to perform the downgrade BUT on the first reboot you are automatically prompted to upgrade to 2.0 again and there is no way to option out. So basically at this time I believe we are stuck on 2.0. Not that 2.0 is terrible but now that I have witnessed the changes myself I would prefer to go back and wait for the official release or at least a more end user oriented release. I did read somewhere that there is a believe that after 24 hours the request to upgrade will be cancelled and we may not be automatically prompted to update. Since I didn't actually update until late last night I won't be able to confirm this until later tonight. I did make a full backup of my Playbook before updating to 2.0, will restoring my backup also roll the OS back to 1.7.xxx? Has anyone tried doing this or had any success downgrading and NOT automatically updating again??? If so please tell us all how you did it.
    Prior to upgrading to a beta release of the BlackBerry Tablet OS, perform a full backup that can be used to restore your device after downgrading. Note: Backups of a higher release can not be restored onto a lower release. This article explains how to back up your data.

Use the following steps to downgrade your tablet from a beta release to the current production release. This procedure requires an Internet connection.

Please note that if you signed up for the 2.0 beta and installed it over the air you will need to wait approximatly 24 hours before you can downgrade. Otherwise, your BlackBerry PlayBook will reapply the upgrade during the first bootup after the downgrade has been installed. This does not apply to developers who received a BlackBerry PlayBook with 2.0 beta pre-installed. You are able to downgrade at any time.

Turn off your device.
    Open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager.
    Connect your device to your computer via USB.
    Enter your device password.
    When Desktop Manager prompts that it cannot connect to your BlackBerry PlayBook, choose Update. Note that this screen will dissapear once the tablet boots up.
    Enter your email address or uncheck �Yes, email me when updates are available�.
    Click Install.
    10-25-11 12:12 PM
    I posted this in the Tablet OS forum but got no hits, so I'm giving it a shot here. Apologies for the double post, but I could use some help if there's any help to be had.

I'm having a little fallout from my OS downgrade. First time I rolled it back to 1.07, most of the broken stuff got fixed (most notably WiFi), but it didn't do a complete reload because all my files and apps were still there and most of my bridge apps still didn't work. Livable, I thought at the time. But after almost a month of a half-broken OS, I tried the OS repair again, starting with a full backup. All was successful -- everything backed up, OS completely reloaded back to 3312, bridge and browser are 100% functioning again. But when I went to restore everything, DM tells me I need to upgrade the PlayBook to the latest software and won't let me select any of the backup files. I had a ton of browser favorites and a bunch of images that I now can't get to. Does anyone know of a way around this, or am I basically S.O.L.?

Whether I can get to thit stuff or not, it's sooooo good to have my whole 1.07 back.
    11-16-11 05:57 PM
    How do you downgrade using the desktop manager?
    With your Playbook connected to Desktop Manager, go to "Device" in the upper left corner, then click "Update." If "There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available" shows up, click "View other versions." Next, click on the box next to the version you want to downgrade to, click "Install" and let the installation begin. Hope this helps.
    01-08-12 06:07 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD