Is there any way to get the pictures from my camera to my PlayBook without using a computer?
    10-11-12 04:49 AM
    My Nokia N8 automatically uploads my pics to my skydrive account using either 3G or wifi, then I can pull them down to my Playbook from there using wifi or the web tether with the playbook and N8. Before I had the skydrive app on it I used to push them up to google docs
    10-11-12 05:25 AM
    Slparry I am guessing that your camera has built in wi fi. Mine does not. Thought about one of the eye fi memory cards but I here mixed reviews on them. I was hoping to be able to plug my Sony camera in some how.
    10-11-12 07:11 AM
    Is there any way to get the pictures from my camera to my PlayBook without using a computer?
    The best is to buy an Eye-Fi memory card for the camera. Then, sideload the android Eye-Fi app, setup everything, and your photos will jump from camera to tablet even without any existing wifi network around (the Eye-Fi card deploys its own in such a case, and you Playbook connects to it).

With this you benefit from an extra free service that'll also upload all your pics to any ftp server, automatically, whenever the Playbook is back on a wifi network.

I'd say the system is near perfect, the only thing being when taking dozens of large pics, the transfers are not instant (like, it's not enough to sit and get a tea for 100 photos to be processed, specially for big raw formats -but now, this is quite normal...)

P. S. and don't forget to go to the Eye-Fi site and support their porting the app to native Blackberry!

P. P. S. A completely distinct alternative would be to sit and wait for the release of OS version 10 (in 6 months??), which is said to support USB on-the-go, which means you just would need to connect the camera to the Playbook's micro-USB slot and see it appear as a mass memory, like on a PC.
    10-11-12 07:37 AM
    The best is to buy an Eye-Fi memory card for the camera. Then, sideload the android Eye-Fi app, setup everything, and your photos will jump from camera to tablet even without any existing wifi network around (the Eye-Fi card deploys its own in such a case, and you Playbook connects to it).

With this you benefit from an extra free service that'll also upload all your pics to any ftp server, automatically, whenever the Playbook is back on a wifi network.

I'd say the system is near perfect, the only thing being when taking dozens of large pics, the transfers are not instant (like, it's not enough to sit and get a tea for 100 photos to be processed, specially for big raw formats -but now, this is quite normal...)

P. S. and don't forget to go to the Eye-Fi site and support their porting the app to native Blackberry!

P. P. S. A completely distinct alternative would be to sit and wait for the release of OS version 10 (in 6 months??), which is said to support USB on-the-go, which means you just would need to connect the camera to the Playbook's micro-USB slot and see it appear as a mass memory, like on a PC.
    What Herve said.........

It works well. I recomend that you just set up the Eye-fi card when transmitting to Playbook, Just transfer the Jpegs. when you get home and the Eye_fi card grabs your home network, you can have it setup to dump the Jpegs AND the RAW files to your pc. You set up those options when you set up the Eye-Fi card. I use it all the time.

ENJOY!

C
    Herve5 likes this.
    10-11-12 08:56 AM
    we really not USB OTG for this, had the same problem too on my last trip. dont want to buy a new expensive device so i had to bring my old netbook too, to get the images of my camera.
    The playbook supports USB OTG on the technical side, its just not activated in the official OS. (it was working with root)
    I hope the activate this soon as i have the adapter and it just annoys me to take another device with me just for this.
    10-11-12 11:43 AM
    I have just fitted an eye-fi card to my camera after the initial setup on my PC I can download my pictures to my playbook and my phone from the eye-fi cloud storage once on the playbook just press download and it's sent to your photos best �30 I have spent in a long time.
    10-28-12 02:53 PM

You don't need to sideload anything eye-fi send all your photos to your free storage on the cloud you can then access then from your playbook and download into your picture file.
    10-28-12 03:39 PM