Hey F2,

From what I have seen this looks like a bug from RIM. I have seen a few people say they could get it fixed but I am pretty sure they just wiped all their photos. Rebooted. Verified the thumbs were gone. And then resynced the photos.

Fyi, I believe they are using the image cache function in AS3 that they wrote. We use the same cache in App Centre. Pretty sure they save inside the apps internal application folder. But that image cache function is extremely finicky and doesnt always perform right. So if they are using the Image Cache AS3 QNX API function its very likely bugged!

Ed.
    10-12-12 10:53 PM
    Hey F2,

From what I have seen this looks like a bug from RIM. I have seen a few people say they could get it fixed but I am pretty sure they just wiped all their photos. Rebooted. Verified the thumbs were gone. And then resynced the photos.

Fyi, I believe they are using the image cache function in AS3 that they wrote. We use the same cache in App Centre. Pretty sure they save inside the apps internal application folder. But that image cache function is extremely finicky and doesnt always perform right. So if they are using the Image Cache AS3 QNX API function its very likely bugged!

Ed.
    There are so many things to fix that I'm sure will never be fixed. My fear is that similar fixes will be needed under the next OS, be it, 2.2 or BB10. There is no way humanly possible for them not to have issues both new and old. I accept that fact but one (the generic person) gets tired of waiting and as I said, no way humanly possible not to have issues. It is just a matter of what the new ones will be.
    10-12-12 11:41 PM
    They are not the pics that you deleted. What they are are cached thumbnails of the pics you deleted. Very difficult, if not impossible to delete.
    Well maybe I spoke too soon. What I MEANT to say, was that these thumbnails are very easy to delete. Just open Gallery, press and hold on one of the thumbs you want to delete, put a check mark on all the thumbs you want to delete, and then hit "delete"..Oh well. But as an aside, Gallery is a crap app for general photo viewing use. It's very unstable, and while it will show some of the photos in your photos folder, it sure doesn't see them all. It's generally better not to use gallery except in a few limited circumstances.
    10-12-12 11:51 PM
    F2,

Most of BB10 - and by that I'd say about 90 percent of the GUI front end and how it operates - has been rewritten by the looks of it.

Its so very different from PB OS 2.1 that I'm actually confident a lot of the little bugs like this will be fixed.

With that said, I'm expecting most (if not all) new bugs to be there and I'm expecting big ones that stay a long time.

RIM is still planning to not support BB10 directly which is a huge mistake. It causes a smoke and mirrors effect and causes a company to think its products are better than they are. This is a large part of the reason that BBOS as we know it today is so terrible. When they close support they close a window to the customer. Which is why they lost visibility to their customers so badly.

As an app builder though I think people will love the new OS - I just expect it to age quickly due to RIMs support structure and planning. Assuming BB10 allows them to recover they won't really recover staff wise, economics wise, for a very long time. But that's just my opinionated mindset.

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 12:11 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD