I bought my 32GB PlayBook today as it was on sale. But something I have noticed is that when I press the power button it clicks back up twice? Is this normal?

Thank you
    01-03-12 04:29 PM
    The best way of describing this would be the power button clicks when it is pressed down, and then when it is released, it clicks again? Therefore I hear two clicks when using the power button?
    01-03-12 04:41 PM
    I don't think it should do that. Since you just bought it today, I would suggest you bring it back asap, and possibly have it replaced with another unit (just to be sure).
    You may also want to check other units they have there if the same thing happens.
    Assuming something's wrong with it, the sooner you get it back to them, the sooner they won't think it's due to misuse/mishandling.
    01-03-12 04:45 PM
    The second post in this thread describes what mine is doing:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-help-679628/
    l shall assume that this is normal?
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    01-03-12 05:19 PM
    Mine does exactly what you are describing. I'm not sure if I would call it normal but it's definitely not uncommon.

Mine is fine and I've had it for about 90 days.
    01-03-12 06:02 PM
    I would love to have any response from my power button. My power button is one of the perfectly flush ones that give absolutly no feedback whatsoever, and I need the blunt end of a pen or something to push it. RIM support said as long as it operates they wouldn't replace it.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    01-03-12 06:42 PM
    My power button is stuck down and you need to push really hard to turn it off and on. Be glad yours clicks back up
    01-03-12 07:11 PM
    There is virtually no need to press the power button once you have powered up initially. If you need to put it in "standby" mode or to restart the Playbook, you just need to tap the battery icon and select the option you need.

You can even turn off the Playbook with this feature but you would need to use the power button to turn the Playbook on again.

Have you read the Tips and Tricks thread above? There are all sorts of useful bits of information there and really worth the read.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-03-12 07:24 PM
    I hear the clicks when I press the power button as well. Works perfectly so I'm keeping it.
    01-03-12 07:56 PM
    Thank you for your replies! It seems that this click down, click up noise isn't an uncommon "thing" with the power button.
    01-04-12 01:00 AM
    The only thing that worries me is that I can quite audibly hear the click? Can everyone else hear the click on theirs?

Is this the "new" power button that RIM designed after the complaints regarding the first one?

Thank you.
    01-04-12 02:42 PM
    Mine clicks on the way up, and yes it's quite audible
    01-04-12 03:50 PM
    Mine makes no noise whatsoever and you cannot feel it pressing in either. I just apply pressure to the area and hope for the best (which has worked without fail so far). Not really causing me any issues as there isn't ever a need to press it, or in fact any buttons on the Playbook, unless you actually fully shut it down for some reason.
    01-04-12 04:07 PM
    Mine is exactly like yours.
    01-04-12 04:10 PM
    Thank you, all for your replies. I will rest easy that this is a likely common issue and that my PlayBook is not broken already!

I was just concerned that the loud noise meant the button was broken! Maybe this is what RIM did to fix the original hard to press button.
    01-04-12 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD