I have an HD2 running Android that I was pretty much always on. Since getting the Playbook, I hardly touch my phone. My phone instead of being the multi-functional device it was, its now just a phone again. I only use it for calls now and I'm starting to like this. A phone at the end should be just a phone.

Now into my topic. Do you just love the swiping gestures of the Playbook?
    I love them so much and have gotten so used to it, that I try swiping my HD2 all the time. I'm also starting to notice how lame Android is that the Home and Back keys get used A LOT! Whatever you want to do on Android, you will most likely hit the back key or home button every 30 sec when using multiple apps. I highly prefer the swiping gestures of switching between open apps, going to the home screen, etc.
    09-30-11 01:40 PM
    Yes I do like the swiping gestures.
    09-30-11 01:56 PM
    I Highly enjoy the swipe gestures, i grab my wifes galaxy 2 phone and forget it's not my PB. Then when i try the swip gestures i get mad at the phone cause it doesn't work!
    09-30-11 01:57 PM
    I Highly enjoy the swipe gestures, i grab my wifes galaxy 2 phone and forget it's not my PB. Then when i try the swip gestures i get mad at the phone cause it doesn't work!
    LOL. That's what I do. I end up getting frustrated at my HD2 until I realize it.
    09-30-11 02:03 PM
    Especially the swipe off the screen to close an app. Swiping makes it feel like you're actually physically manipulating apps instead of simply navigating. There's just something fun about tossing an app away when you're done with it.
    09-30-11 03:37 PM
    I find myself flicking the screen up and down with the bezel just for the "feel" of it. The developers really did nail the tactile sensations with this amazing UI.
    09-30-11 03:42 PM
    I feel like it's really lame when you have to press a button to unlock the device, that's how spoiled I've been with the PlayBook :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    batboris likes this.
    09-30-11 03:42 PM
    Not to mention the wear and tear it saves on buttons. I have heard several stories of iDevices home buttons going bad and failing.
    09-30-11 03:45 PM
    I've done that too with my wife's phone only to realize it does not do it. I do love the swipe feature and I hope the QNX phones have it.
    However, I am also hoping that they have a sweet keyboard. I really enjoy my Bold 9930 and it will take a great deal to switch. Swipe will help but I'll have to see how much I love it.
    09-30-11 04:01 PM
    i love the swiping gestures as they are but am anticipating they will add more functionality with further updates things such as gestures used to navigate in our web browser something similar to what we see in opera browsers. rim will perfect the playbook its just a matter of time
    09-30-11 04:36 PM
    I love it. I'm hoping that they might intergrade that into the QNX Superphones.
    Blackberry and QNX, the dynamic duo!
    Last edited by bayotte; 09-30-11 at 04:41 PM.
    09-30-11 04:38 PM
    I do love the swiping gestures - I have never seen faster more intuitive navigation on ANY computing device.

Can't go near another tablet because of it, especially with a useless bezel.

I REALLY REALLY however would like to see bezel scrolling. C'mon RIM we know it's possible.
    09-30-11 04:40 PM
    I love it. I'm hoping that they might intergrade that into the QNX Superphones.
    Blackberry and QNX, the dynamic duo!
    Will superphones have touch sensitive bezels ya think?
    09-30-11 04:42 PM
    All I can say when iPad incorporates bezel swipes we will know we are winning the game and RIM has once again become a leader and not a follower.

I heard scary rumours that the 2.0 UI will be more apple-y.
    09-30-11 04:49 PM
    I really like the swiping feature too! It makes for a little readjustment when using an iPad, as the swiping seems so intuitive (at least to me). I always find myself trying to "swipe" to turn on my phone. Those who use my Playbook seem to pick up on the gestures pretty quickly, too.

Side question: I believe RIM was the first to introduce these gestures into the tablet market but was this inherent within WebOS phones? Maybe someone here owned a Pre at one point?
    09-30-11 05:00 PM
    Will superphones have touch sensitive bezels ya think?
    Nah, they already have a vibrate mode for enhanced reactions!
    09-30-11 05:15 PM
    ^Not "touching" that one!
    09-30-11 05:51 PM
    Love the swiping, especially for switching apps :-)
    I have a Touchpad which kinda does it too, but it's not true swiping and works acres better on the PB!
    Plus I love the extra menue down swipe for music control in the backgroud. A must feature I'm finding out.
    10-01-11 12:18 AM
    I love them, wish they expand it in 2.0 with browser page back/page forward bezel gestures
    10-01-11 12:36 AM
    The pb swipe gestures are truly amazing - love it. QNX is an awesomely powerful OS, it functions great... I'm so excited to see the SDK has finally been released (beta), OSv2.0 is right around the corner... Finally!!! And I say FINALLY... The playBook is about to become something great!

Way to go RIM!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 02:18 AM
    Since getting my PB i find I too end up swiping anything with a touchscreen...its such a simple yet natural thing to do!
    mypb16 likes this.
    10-01-11 04:10 AM
    Since getting my PB i find I too end up swiping anything with a touchscreen...its such a simple yet natural thing to do!
    I strongly agree. Swiping seems like a much more fluid effortless movement than pressing. Sorry all other tablets, RIM's QNX has spoiled me now. I feel like Tom Cruise in Minority Report with that awesome touchscreen he was using and his ability to switch between open apps.
    10-01-11 09:07 AM
    I too love the swiping gestures except for when using the Web Browser.

I can't tell you how many times I have swiped up / down on the right side to scroll a page and accidentally pressed on a link and gone to another site. It would be great if RIM fixed that or maybe I just have fat fingers.

-Jeff
    10-01-11 01:58 PM
    It's a great way to interact with the device.

Poking at Android tablets in the store the other day I couldn't help but feel that hitting "Home" and "Back" keys was so 2010.
    10-01-11 02:49 PM
    I too love the swiping gestures except for when using the Web Browser.

I can't tell you how many times I have swiped up / down on the right side to scroll a page and accidentally pressed on a link and gone to another site. It would be great if RIM fixed that or maybe I just have fat fingers.

-Jeff
    Maybe I will forward Blackjack's suggestion to me - find a caliper and measure said fat fingers!
    10-01-11 03:47 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD