Like many, I am so stoked for OS 2.0. I've been reading all the commentary and watching the videos from CES and noticing one trend.

In almost every one, when commenting on native Mail/Calendar/Contact comes a qualification along the lines of, this should have been included in the original release.

A month or so from now, the reviewers are going to have PB 2.0 and writing their hands-on reviews, and guess what? Once again every review will contain the same commentary. This native Mail/Calendar/Contact is what should have been included last April.

Our natural reaction will be to get a little defensive over said commentary and feed the trolls on the various forums. Just don't worry about. In six months, it simply won't be an issue any more.

We've sseen the same thing happen in iOS, over the years iOS has had all kinds of missing features. Many of which no-brainers. For example, cut-and-paste, active-sync, tethering, multi-tasking (pseudo), to-do lists, over-the-air upgrade and sync, etc.

And when those features were finally implemented came the same qualifications, the commentary also was typically, Nice, but why wasn't it here in earlier versions. Soon there after, a non-issue.

Six months from now, I'll be enjoying my Playbook 2.x, native Email/Calendar/Contact, as well as all the other features. The fact that they weren't on the original device; non-issue, who gives a crap anymore.
    Last edited by NakedPaulToast; 01-15-12 at 12:44 PM.
    01-15-12 12:32 PM
    My sentiments exactly!!!!!
    01-15-12 02:19 PM
    Good fourth post!
    01-15-12 02:33 PM
    He speaks the truth....well said!!
    01-15-12 03:45 PM
    The criticisms levelled against the Playbook for not having native email from the start are perfectly valid, and make more sense than the somewhat blinkered "think only of the positive" sentiments you are trying to push in your opening post. No offence intended.
    01-15-12 04:12 PM
    i agree that in a few months it will no longer be an issue. however i also agree that this should have been there from the start. i was one of the "early adapters". and to spend $700 on a tablet that wasn't up to what i expected rim to produce. it hurts.

but again this wont be an issue in a few months. what still will be an issue is apps. (even though people lie to themselves saying apps are important, it is) what will rim do for developers to bring them back. as more and more apps get released like angry birds and cut the rope. its a start, even though angry birds is free on ios and cut the rope is cheaper. but will rim get these high demand apps like words with friends, and will they get them at the same time as droid or ios. if they don't i'm afraid the playbook will be dead in the water AGAIN.
    01-15-12 04:34 PM
    Good fourth post!

Much better than one of those new posters where the first post, and thereafter, is bashing BlackBerry/RIM
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-15-12 04:37 PM
    good post to make yourself part of the community
    01-15-12 04:40 PM
    Awesome, couldn't have said it better eh
    01-15-12 04:45 PM
    The criticisms levelled against the Playbook for not having native email from the start are perfectly valid, and make more sense than the somewhat blinkered "think only of the positive" sentiments you are trying to push in your opening post. No offence intended.
    None taken.

But, I never commented on the validity of the criticisms.
    01-16-12 07:42 AM
    As much as I would love to argue with the OP, he is correct, like it or not the facts about what should or shouldn't have been already implemented are a waste of time. I happen to agree that all these things were suppose to have been implemented by now and haven't been.. But its crying over spilt milk.

I think this device will be so sharp after 2.0 most won't care anymore, we will have what we have been wanting for the most part... And I'm still glad I bought the playbook.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 01-16-12 at 12:19 PM.
    01-16-12 09:39 AM
    I think these features would have been super nice as well...

But here's the thing, no amount of bashing can change history, and no amount of griping will help the situation.

IMO, I'm so happy I can use the bridge app and get access to my native apps and I feel that when they do release them natively on the PB, it'll be that much sweeter.
    01-16-12 09:51 AM
    well said!
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-16-12 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD