Seriously... Do something about it.

Get on twitter to your carrier, whether its Telus or Rogers or Bell. Blast them

There is precedent with Rogers reducing the price of the 9900 at launch because of consumer backlash

Also, send your complaints to Blackberry themselves. Yes carriers control pricing, but, they do work together and Blackberry should have done a better job communicating ideal pricing with carriers.

Get on the boards and blast them.

This $350 on a 3 year is a slap to all of us Blackberry fanatics.

Yeah... I am pissed and I am not ashamed of it
    Cracklen likes this.
    08-03-12 12:03 PM
    Wrong approach.

Just do nothing. Don't buy one. The prices will come down. It is just supply and demand.
    08-03-12 12:04 PM
    Wrong approach.

Just do nothing. Don't buy one. The prices will come down. It is just supply and demand.
    Yes that to!!! Sorry, thought that was a given!!

I respectfully disagree that sending in complaints is a "wrong" approach.

It may be ineffectual, but wrong? I don't think so

Its not like they are going to raise the price more to spite people who complain lol
    08-03-12 12:07 PM
    Complaining is a good thing, it can't hurt. 3yr deals also need to go away! Can't stand them and will NEVER sign up for one again! My Wife's last BB was OS 6 not upgradable to 7 but that was because it was the only BB offered on a 2yr that was reasonably priced.
    08-03-12 01:29 PM
    Simple logic, if you can't afford something, even if your the world's biggest fan.
    DONT BUY IT, BUT ALSO STOP WHINING.
    To demand they give away their products is the real slap in the face.
    Every company is in business for one basic reason $. Can't make $ if you give away every chance of profit to gain market share on a non NOC revenue tablet.

Try this with Rolls Royce, or Ferrari.
    Or even a 100$+ or more a plate restaurant.

Off to Twitter to influence ferrari to sell me a 458 Italia for 20k.
    08-03-12 01:56 PM
    These are desirable things that command high vale. The Playbook isn't desirable.
    kingest_kong likes this.
    08-03-12 02:38 PM
    If people dont like the pricing they wont buy it, then the price will drop anyways

Sent from my BB 9900 using the CB Forums App!
    08-03-12 02:41 PM
    I thought the price was reasonable, considering what I paid for my 32G with wifi only at launch...the pricing on the 4G version is a steal!!!! Will need to see the fine details of the wireless agreement and what you get for data usage but I don't think it's all that bad.
    08-03-12 02:54 PM
    Simple logic, if you can't afford something, even if your the world's biggest fan.
    DONT BUY IT, BUT ALSO STOP WHINING.
    To demand they give away their products is the real slap in the face.
    Every company is in business for one basic reason $. Can't make $ if you give away every chance of profit to gain market share on a non NOC revenue tablet.

Off to Twitter to influence ferrari to sell me a 458 Italia for 20k.
    Nice work. I am glad you are equating the Playbook to a Ferrari lol.

Way to crap on consumer advocacy.
    Cracklen, moss27 and kingest_kong like this.
    08-03-12 03:00 PM
    If you think the pricing is a steal i have a 1986 Chevy Corsica to sell you for 36 grand. Now that's a steal, well, in your world anyways.
    Whoa, compared to what we paid for the wifi version at LAUNCH! the 4G is a steal. NOT NOW! Read the post man!!!
    08-03-12 03:05 PM
    "Don't like the 4G Playbook Pricing? Do something about it...."

Such as maybe getting a job!

or

Opening a savings account!
    08-03-12 03:37 PM
    Nice work. I am glad you are equating the Playbook to a Ferrari lol.

Way to crap on consumer advocacy.
    Common sense is a trait that doesn't come standard either...

Don't like the price, don't buy it

I don't like the price but I will buy one anyways... Because that's what the price is right now if I want one right now...

Is standard shipping the same price as Next Day Air?
    pcguy514 likes this.
    08-03-12 03:42 PM
    These are desirable things that command high vale. The Playbook isn't desirable.
    Just the fact that you came here in a thread titled as it is would suggest that even those who complain about the price still desire to own one. Kinda invalidated your entire argument and any chance of me ever taking you seriously.

Thanks for letting me know that you're just here to troll, I will ignore you from hence forth.
    Why are you in this section if the playbook is of no desire to you?

Common Sense isn't all that common these days. @ayekon I agree
    escape525 and anon(4018671) like this.
    08-03-12 04:00 PM
    Perhaps the carriers just don't care if RIM succeeds.
    kingest_kong likes this.
    08-03-12 04:17 PM
    "Don't like the 4G Playbook Pricing? Do something about it...."

Such as maybe getting a job!

or

Opening a savings account!
    Full disclosure: household income over 100 000

income isn't the issue. a rip off is a rip off
    08-03-12 04:20 PM
    Just the fact that you came here in a thread titled as it is would suggest that even those who complain about the price still desire to own one. Kinda invalidated your entire argument and any chance of me ever taking you seriously.

Thanks for letting me know that you're just here to troll, I will ignore you from hence forth.
    Why are you in this section if the playbook is of no desire to you?

Common Sense isn't all that common these days. @ayekon I agree
    easy easy easy

i don't think he meant it the way you are taking it

there are clearly different levels of desiring a product

i think he meant the Playbook is not a ultra high desirable product ala a Ferrari
    08-03-12 04:22 PM
    Full disclosure: household income over 100 000

income isn't the issue. a rip off is a rip off
    A rip off compared to what exactly?

Look at it this way corporate is where this is targeted, amongst fips certified tablets (gold standard in security) this is the cheapest out the box solution.

And only one that I know of under 600$ .

As for the troll translation, I can't go by what he "meant" to say but only by what he did say.

Unless all the whining is just trolling, you and the rest on the front Page article really want a 4G playbook. Or have way too much time on your hands.

And rim got 2 billion in the bank yet income is an issue. #justsaying
    ayekon likes this.
    08-03-12 05:10 PM
    Whats a rip off is that the $350 dollar contract you will pay is likely to be �350 for us in the UK. Stop moaning you get everything at about 60% less than we do in the UK
    08-03-12 05:19 PM
    Whats a rip off is that the $350 dollar contract you will pay is likely to be �350 for us in the UK. Stop moaning you get everything at about 60% less than we do in the UK
    If you look at the past price tags over international lines, your post has a completely false foundation...

The prices are reflected by their market's currency properly...
    08-03-12 05:25 PM
    Guys, yes its too high but I will tell you the best thing to do about it.... Don't buy it on launch. Wait a few months, and the deplorably low sales will force rim to climb down off their high horse and drop the msrp.

Why? Well, just as the storm phone 's rep in the touchscreen market, the playbook on launch destroyed rim's credibility in the new tablet market. Seriously, after they dropped a tablet on the market that was priced like an ipad but the OS was full holes and missing half the featured that were promised.

Trust me, the full price level will not stay long. Add to that the fact that not many carriers will have it support it right out of the gate, the new lte playbook won't immediately gain traction and the downpressure on price will force a drop soon. Within a few months I bet.
    08-03-12 05:57 PM
    Well let's stop fighting over this and ask the important question........when will it be $199.00.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    08-03-12 06:10 PM
    A rip off compared to what exactly?

Look at it this way corporate is where this is targeted, amongst fips certified tablets (gold standard in security) this is the cheapest out the box solution.

And only one that I know of under 600$ .

As for the troll translation, I can't go by what he "meant" to say but only by what he did say.

Unless all the whining is just trolling, you and the rest on the front Page article really want a 4G playbook. Or have way too much time on your hands.

And rim got 2 billion in the bank yet income is an issue. #justsaying
    Its a rip off compared to the Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE that is currently available at Rogers for $199.99 on a 3 year contract

I do not care about the off contract price. No one is buying this on off contract prices so I consider the 3 year contract price is what I am concerned about. Why are you assuming that enterprise companies are buying this off contract? Why would they not buy on contract and upgrade very 2 years. Seems reasonable to me.

Also, don't dare call me a troll. Just because I am more passionate about RIM/Blackberry does not make me a troll. Go to berryreview.com to see how trolly I am. Do I have too much time on my hands? No... this just happens to be what I am passionate about and I happen to type at over 90 wpm which make putting up posts very quick. And yes... I do want a 4G playbook... but only at the right price.

When I said income wasn't an issue I was referring to me. I could go buy a 4G Playbook for $350 on contract or even 550 off contract. But I won't because its over priced and I don't like paying more than I should. You are the one who asserted that someone should go get a job
    08-03-12 06:19 PM
    They'll sell some at this price to the diehard true believers, and then in a few months bring it down to the price of the Android tablets so that normal people will consider it.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    08-03-12 06:30 PM
    If no one buys them in protest of the price without contacting them like the OP suggest won't the media have a field day with another failed tablet for RIM?
    08-03-12 06:45 PM
    Its a rip off compared to the Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE that is currently available at Rogers for $199.99 on a 3 year contract

I do not care about the off contract price. No one is buying this on off contract prices so I consider the 3 year contract price is what I am concerned about. Why are you assuming that enterprise companies are buying this off contract? Why would they not buy on contract and upgrade very 2 years. Seems reasonable to me.

Also, don't dare call me a troll. Just because I am more passionate about RIM/Blackberry does not make me a troll. Go to berryreview.com to see how trolly I am. Do I have too much time on my hands? No... this just happens to be what I am passionate about and I happen to type at over 90 wpm which make putting up posts very quick. And yes... I do want a 4G playbook... but only at the right price.

When I said income wasn't an issue I was referring to me. I could go buy a 4G Playbook for $350 on contract or even 550 off contract. But I won't because its over priced and I don't like paying more than I should. You are the one who asserted that someone should go get a job

When the Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE first came out on Rogers, the 3yr contract price was $399.
    Rogers launches Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE | MobileSyrup.com

These on-contract prices will obviously come down, just as they do for phones and other tabs like Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE.
    08-03-12 06:45 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD