Why oh Why oh Why do i keep expecting my BB F@@kbook to connect to my PC's, I 've now had it for about six months & in all that time all I've put on it is 4 Albums thru wi-fi.
    Each time I connect via USB to not one, not two but three differents PC's I get the same old crap, all PC's can see it but can't connect, DM's just as bad.

P.S. the Os's are Xp & Windows 7 & I've tried all the re-booting, deleeting etc
    06-21-13 08:05 AM
    Why oh Why oh Why do i keep expecting my BB F@@kbook to connect to my PC's, I 've now had it for about six months & in all that time all I've put on it is 4 Albums thru wi-fi.
    Each time I connect via USB to not one, not two but three differents PC's I get the same old crap, all PC's can see it but can't connect, DM's just as bad.

What are you trying to connect through. I personally use bb Link. It has a wifi setting in it that works perfectly for me.
    06-21-13 08:25 AM
    Oh and whatever you do don't tell F2 I'm trying to help you.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    06-21-13 08:27 AM
    Oh and whatever you do don't tell F2 I'm trying to help you.
    Eh, I wouldn't believe it anyway.

But keep asking questions that can get to the bottom or top of the problem.

What are you trying to connect using?

What happens or does not happen?

Which tool? Which pc/ma OS?
    06-21-13 09:16 AM

Ok sorry mate your on your own.

Posted via CB10
    gdg521 likes this.
    06-21-13 09:28 AM
    So you have UNinstalled the Desktop Software and REinstalled it? And tried the newer Link software? Sounds as if the usb drivers did not install.

Although, I generally only transfer stuff - about 50 gigs overall over the wifi sharing method. I just prefer not attaching wires to the usb port if I don't have to.

I have Vista 64 Home Premium. I have installed both the Desktop software and the Link software.
    06-21-13 10:57 AM
    WOOHOO at last,
    problem solved, after some hair pulling I managed to find an older version of DM & hey presto all seems to be fine, thanks for all your comments etc.

A happy bunny
    Col
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-22-13 09:52 AM
    WOOHOO at last,
    problem solved, after some hair pulling I managed to find an older version of DM & hey presto all seems to be fine, thanks for all your comments etc.

A happy bunny
    Col
    Try bb Link its far better unless your using a Mac then forget it.
    06-22-13 10:06 AM
    Not gonna try anything just incase it F@cks up LOL
    FF22 likes this.
    06-22-13 10:11 AM
    Not gonna try anything just incase it F@cks up LOL
    If your not running on a mac, just humour me and download it from the BB site. It won't affect your DTM and will load completely separately. If you don't like it then just delete it, but I bet you don't!!!!!!
    06-22-13 10:19 AM
    If your not running on a mac, just humour me and download it from the BB site. It won't affect your DTM and will load completely separately. If you don't like it then just delete it, but I bet you don't!!!!!!
    You really have the hots for BB Link!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-22-13 06:42 PM
    You really have the hots for BB Link!
    No not really. I do however have the hots for anything that works and DTM is as reliable as Kies is for Samsung droid machines.
    06-23-13 07:39 AM
    No not really. I do however have the hots for anything that works and DTM is as reliable as Kies is for Samsung droid machines.
    DTM Still work for syncing music and files. BB link is good except for that.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-23-13 08:07 AM
    DTM Still work for syncing music and files. BB link is good except for that.
    Links all mine over either usb or WiFi. Don't mistake problems with link that are actually problems with your pc setup?

And on a side note I watched the video of you and the monkey!!!!!!! Whew it should have been on a restricted channel you perverted cat you!
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    06-23-13 09:55 AM
    Ok you Sad_Old_Man lol consider yourself humoured LOL, loaded BB LInk last night & now the driver situation is fixed LInk work great, after tinkering I found it really good to copy music from itunes, I'd been having some trouble with Album art going awol but so far it all seems to be working.
    Is there any other hints or tips that you would recommend I try?

Thanks again
    Col
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-25-13 05:14 AM
    Ok you Sad_Old_Man lol consider yourself humoured LOL, loaded BB LInk last night & now the driver situation is fixed LInk work great, after tinkering I found it really good to copy music from itunes, I'd been having some trouble with Album art going awol but so far it all seems to be working.
    Is there any other hints or tips that you would recommend I try?

Thanks again
    Col
    Not really but if you get stuck on anything, don't hesitate to ask either on here or pm me. I don't know about your uses of link but I had a play with the wifi setup and now it's very rare that I connect my Z10, 9900 or pb to link via USB. I do everything, backup, transfers files, photos, videos and photos over wifi. The important point of link was the one you picked up on is that the drivers seem more stable than the DTM ones. It just never fails to connect for me.
    meikle likes this.
    06-25-13 07:50 AM