12-28-14 04:52 AM
170 ... 34567
tools
    Lol yeah right? Great. Products awful customer service lol such a shame.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 06:23 PM
    BlackBerry Playbook may have reached its end of life as most of you say.. Pssh humbug blah blah your in for a wake up call it seems you have a wrong translation just call it end of production. There is so many new in box surplus playbooks. Why should blackberry keep making them if they have so many left over that were never sold and still need to be sold, and what better way to get those sold?
    Well a new update of course I promise you this the playbook will keep marching into the tablet war the updates are going to keep rolling out for the time being, a huge surprise is coming before christmas my source inside blackberry actually my cousin who works for the magnificent company for nearly 11 years has told me OS 2.2.1200 will drop before santa leaves the north pole this christmas be ready to dust off those playbooks and time to throw those ridiculous Icrap pads in the trash all of you who are haters or the ones that got disappointed it didn't get the promised bb10 update.

New bells and whistles even nice 24k gold spinning "jelly bean" wheels are coming soon very soon
    It's going to be a berry merry christmas. QNX will show its mighty roar once more.
    Still lol.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-01-14 04:25 PM
    PB...! ? What the hell is that??! Lol, if it has an update, I'm so sure it would be minimal. Just don't hope for BB10 on PB because IT WILL NOT WORK.! Trust me guys.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    12-01-14 04:40 PM
    I wouldn't mind if an update would give the PlayBook the ability to run BlackBerry Bridge.
    12-05-14 05:58 PM
    PB...! ? What the hell is that??! Lol, if it has an update, I'm so sure it would be minimal. Just don't hope for BB10 on PB because IT WILL NOT WORK.! Trust me guys.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    I've seen it work. But it will never happen.
    12-05-14 07:46 PM
    New PlayBooks appearing on Amazon. BlackBerry World presentation looking better with new Apps & Games displayed. More talk of updates...there's something in the air...did they quietly acknowledge the petition?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    12-05-14 10:57 PM
    I thought also the 4G PlayBooks were also gone too, yet, I recently picked up a brand new one too, and some of the apps on my Z10 phone showed up in the uninstall area in BB World. Now the PlayBooks on Amazon showing up as well. Something may actually be in the air........
    12-06-14 05:33 AM
    Are they giving them away? Who would buy one now?
    12-06-14 06:53 AM
    Are they giving them away? Who would buy one now?
    Still fully functional and fluid Tablets to do business on. Good to see more premium 4g versions being pushed/released into the consumer market. Only upper end Android only tablets can compete.

12-06-14 07:49 AM
    Still fully functional and fluid Tablets to do business on. Good to see more premium 4g versions being pushed/released into the consumer market. Only upper end Android only tablets can compete.

Sorry. I have the first Toshiba encore win8.1 tablet and retired my PB a day aster using it. The PB felt old, clunky and slow. And the Toshiba isn't the fastest thing either. I paid less for the encore than I did the pb. The pb can still be useful but I sure wouldn't pay any more than $30 bucks for one.

Edit: that's just one mans opinion though
    12-06-14 07:54 AM
    Sorry. I have the first Toshiba encore win8.1 tablet and retired my PB a day aster using it. The PB felt old, clunky and slow. And the Toshiba isn't the fastest thing either. I paid less for the encore than I did the pb. The pb can still be useful but I sure wouldn't pay any more than $30 bucks for one.
    Hope you enjoy your Toshiba experience.

The PlayBook if set up correctly can be a productivity powerhouse. I have tested mid range 'Android' and not as fluid as a finely tuned PlayBook (especially the 4g version). Granted you have to spend a bit of time tinkering and testing the right Apps, but to some that's half the fun. The PlayBook then feels individual and set up perfectly for daily use!

kbz1960 likes this.
    12-06-14 08:04 AM
    New PlayBooks appearing on Amazon. BlackBerry World presentation looking better with new Apps & Games displayed. More talk of updates...there's something in the air...did they quietly acknowledge the petition?

I can't see any better presentation than before. Could you please specify?
    It seems the same to me. :|
    12-06-14 08:48 AM
    I can't see any better presentation than before. Could you please specify?
    It seems the same to me. :|
    Looks to me like More or New Featured/Games/Apps.

12-07-14 04:25 PM
    BB paid another year on the blackberryplaybook.com domain on August 22, 2014

Perhaps a PB & webpage update is coming to shift the remaining stock from the warehouse. Last minute impulse xmas buys or January sales ?
    12-07-14 04:54 PM

Edit: that's just one mans opinion though
    I still use my PlayBook frequently but also have the Dell venue 8 pro and I paid $300 for it and at launch $599 for the PlayBook.
    12-07-14 06:26 PM
    BB paid another year on the blackberryplaybook.com domain on August 22, 2014
    They probably only kept the domain so the "Save the Playbook" campaign can't hijack it for its own set of goals... Domain names are cheap, publicity nightmares (from their POV) aren't...
    12-08-14 04:23 AM
    The updates being referred to in the email could just be security updates as nothing specific was really stated. I'm always hopeful for more and if it should happen I'll take the PlayBooks back from the kids.
    I already have done, laying in wait now, just to pounce

jtvberry
    peach777 likes this.
    12-08-14 06:50 PM
    The
    Plan Book Tablet has a great GPS built in. Owning three I use one as a nautical chart plotter for my boat.
    Such a WoWness Factors Going on Here and Now

jtvberry
    12-08-14 06:59 PM
    I knew someone from BlackBerry that can get reliable information. When I asked him about any updates to BlackBerry PlayBook, he just keep laughing until he was coughing. And telling me that I made his day...

I hate this guy... so, please stop making his day!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 10:59 PM
    I heard a rumour a new update is going to totally change the PlayBook and make it relevant in 2015. It will magically update all the hardware too.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-08-14 11:15 PM
    I heard a rumour a new update is going to totally change the PlayBook and make it relevant in 2015. It will magically update all the hardware too.

Posted via CB10
    I do believe BlackBerry can do this and send a ShockWave throughout the World.
    And this would be the perfect time to do it and with this old device too.

Please Mr J Chen
    Pull the rabbit of of the Hat for us Please.

jtvberry
    jvinp likes this.
    12-09-14 05:03 AM
    It is what it is, enjoy it (or bin it) for what it is.

Don't spend time wishing for what is deeply unlikely, and if the million to one - and that's what it is - happens, then enjoy that too.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and mh1983 like this.
    12-09-14 06:04 AM
    You forgot to add "ho ho ho"...
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-09-14 06:47 AM
    Just send the message to someone relevant at BlackBerry on Twitter.
    12-09-14 06:51 AM
    Doubt if that will work: personally tried a similar tactic when we were still hoping to actually save the Playbook. Still waiting for a meaningful reply (and "it's been a while")
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-09-14 06:57 AM
170 ... 34567