Nah, the truth is, you should get either the top end tablets or a hudl 2 or whatever they are called. Playbook is dead and people are only recommending it now out of blind love rather than solid reasoning.
    I'd say those who love the current PB, know its limitations very well, and are willing to compromise.

For the rest of us who want a BlackBerry 10 experience in tablet form (sometime before the year 2050), greater interest is in the crumbs of indecisive verbatim recently coming out of Chen's mouth about possibly a new BB tablet. And it's THIS that I'm much more interested in, believe it or not.
    11-25-14 04:17 PM
    I'd say those who love the current PB, know its limitations very well, and are willing to compromise.

For the rest of us who want a BlackBerry 10 experience in tablet form (sometime before the year 2050), greater interest is in the crumbs of indecisive verbatim recently coming out of Chen's mouth about possibly a new BB tablet. And it's THIS that I'm much more interested in, believe it or not.
    Amen!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 05:17 PM
    Well I think Chen's most recent tablet remark was slightly more substantial than that: look here or here to name two examples.
    This isn't merely the forums blowing a story out of proportions. This is slightly bigger...
    Yeah Blue, no doubt some things out of the rumour mill will bare some fruit at some point. Like I said though too many people take what the man says too literally at times. I hope there is a future tablet on the cards. Depends what they mean I suppose by "working on" as in the same as they were working on BB10 for the Playbook? There's also the old word "Speculation" in both those links you posted. I think the only time I will actually believe it is when they say they are taking orders on the Blackberry site

Plus, another mixed signal, BB seem to have lost all interest in consumer devices and it wasn't that long ago there was even talk that they were no longer going to build even phones. So it sort of flies in the face of people who say no money for any playbook improvements because BB are just managing to stay afloat as it is. Then they would spend money r and d one of the biggest consumer devices there is. It makes less sense than when Thor said people in future won't have tablets. How right he was

And, by the way nearly slipped under my radar. Another poster mentioning the Playbook put BB on its knees. For the thousandth time NO IT NEVER. Blackberry were already f+++ed because they tried to compete with the likes of Iphone but without any mainstream apps, devs on board or any marketing. Why does the poor Playbook always seem to get the blame of this. The Playbook was innocent collateral damage. Its not that the Playbook didn't sell well, more BB didn't sell the Playbook well.
    11-25-14 05:44 PM
    True

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:22 PM
    @AWB70 - At this point all is obviously (and by necessity from a corporate POV) speculation. What struck me as interesting wasn't anything in those specific items linked, but the fact that there were so many links to chose from. This could easily be explained away by an overeager internet blowing a story completely out of proportions (as we know it tends to do), but could also point to something else, i.e. some truth to the rumors. Only time will tell. Time I plan to kill using my little Android tablet instead...
    11-26-14 05:53 AM
    Plus, another mixed signal, BB seem to have lost all interest in consumer devices and it wasn't that long ago there was even talk that they were no longer going to build even phones. So it sort of flies in the face of people who say no money for any playbook improvements because BB are just managing to stay afloat as it is. Then they would spend money r and d one of the biggest consumer devices there is. It makes less sense than when Thor said people in future won't have tablets.
    BB appears to be at a crossroads, and I'm not convinced that they have a clear long term goal themselves. As you stated, there were talks of BB exiting the phone market. Well, they've farmed out the building of the phones, and that may also partly mean the designing of the phones (Foxconn). Chen stated that if the phone business remains unprofitable, they will switch to becoming software providers....and then there's an announcement that BB has partnered with Samsung to provide enterprise security solutions for Android. Over time, BB eroded their "benefits"...think of why BB became popular: physical keyboard, security, data compression and BBM. BB10 saw BB pushing full touch-screen phones out of the gate, and while I consider their on-screen keyboards better than iphone and android, still wasn't what the target audience necessarily wanted. Data compression: gone. BBM: multi-platform. Security...okay, that's still there, but obviously BB is branching out to provide security for Android.

Soooooo...with all the above, do you think that BB is going to spend effort on pushing out an update for Playbook? They are struggling to stay afloat, and may begin to concentrate on security solutions which will support Android and iPhone. But, think about it...other than physical keyboard, some places are only holding onto BB devices due to security...if that same security becomes available on BB, guess if enterprises will continue to support BB devices. I know mine spent the money to upgrade the systems to support BB10 devices, and the IT guys are saying that it looks like BB support is on it's way out at this company. North American offices have been slowly switching users away from BB and international offices have already fully switched. Again, software seems to be what keeps BB afloat, and that's why I am not expecting any other updates for this tablet. Heck, I'm seemingly waiting a long time for the BB10.3 update for my work Z10; so I'm sure that's where developer focus is right now...BB10.3 for devices other than the Passport. My $0.02...
    11-26-14 06:41 AM
    Soooooo...with all the above, do you think that BB is going to spend effort on pushing out an update for Playbook?
    No I don't which is my point exactly. However, and I am guilty of speculation here myself. If BB were serious about doing a tablet, there would be no better place to get the ball rolling by appeasing existing tablet owners in some way or form. That would be the only way I see an update being issued other than obviously to fix a security flaw that was giving them bad press. Last thing they need when their USP is security would be to have a hacked playbook.

That doesn't rule out a future tablet. He might do it and do absolutely nothing about the existing arguing that it wasn't on his watch and therefore not his problem. Hey, that might be a good name for the next tablet. Clean Slate
    11-26-14 10:04 AM
    Well, I must admit I'd like an update for my playbook! However I think it very doubtful, I have searched online looking to see if there is anything I could find on the supposed update to 2.2.1200 but I can't find anything! Must be a wind up? Not happy about that. But we live in hope.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:55 AM
    Is there even a PlayBook support team still working for them that could be responsible for putting one together?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 07:46 AM
    I have no idea! Some on here are saying there is another update coming by what I have read. I can't see it happening though!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 08:05 AM
    When I chat with BlackBerry via email, there STILL seems to be support for the software and hardware. I recently signed up my PlayBook online, for the 90 day service they offer, for new PlayBooks. They are still open to do any warranty work on it, or pay for any of the work that may need to be done on it if need be. It just has to be within the year time-frame that the PlayBook was purchased in.

I doubt they are truly done with the PlayBook just yet...

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 08:06 AM
    Spacegrey?
    I so hope your right!!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 08:29 AM
    Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 08:31 AM
    I love my playbook! In fact my friend recently bought a brand new Android samsung tablet 2014 model and tells me he preferred his playbook!! I asked him why, he just replied easier and smoother to use!! In that case give us another update please Blackberry!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 08:35 AM
    I love my playbook! In fact my friend recently bought a brand new Android samsung tablet 2014 model and tells me he preferred his playbook!! I asked him why, he just replied easier and smoother to use!! In that case give us another update please Blackberry!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I also have a Galaxy Tab 3 LTE. but there are some things that I just prefer to do on my PlayBook. like type this.

Sent from the CB forums app via my BlackBerry PlayBook, yeah really.
    AWB70 likes this.
    11-28-14 09:04 AM
    Do this with your Galaxy tab:

Set your browser homepage to Google.
    Do the same on the PlayBook.

Close all tabs open on the Galaxy Tab. Notice you get this stupid "about blank" message? Yeah...ok,lol.

Now close all open tabs on the PlayBook. What do you get?

YOUR HOMEPAGE!

Like you're supposed to.

That's what I hate about Android tablets. They are just thrown together, and the predictive typing sucks!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:13 AM
    Praying for that update lol. You never know I suppose. People say the hardware looks old but I still think PB looks handsome. If you look at the Lenovo A10 tablet from the front looks like a playbook.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-28-14 09:18 AM
    If everyone loves the playbook that much and BlackBerry Are that short of cash maybe we should do what they did with Jolla and donate money for an update. Embarrass them into making one lol

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 02:35 PM
    Wouldn't that be something now, lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 05:08 PM
    Cmon everyone it's time for a whip round. Spare what yiu can for a good cause

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook
    11-28-14 05:51 PM
    I would be content with an update to Android and Java, security fixes, and losing flash.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:09 PM
    Cmon everyone it's time for a whip round. Spare what yiu can for a good cause

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook
    You mean crowd fund an update?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    11-29-14 12:38 AM
    If crowd-funding ever was a viable solution, it's time to shine has long gone. Crowdfunding the survival of the product after the BB10-disaster might have worked. Now you'd only get peanuts and a peanuts-update in return.
    11-29-14 06:31 AM
    This so called 2.2 1200 update, when will it drop? If it ever does as I think it's extremely doubtful!!!! Updates stopped in April. Can't see another coming.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 05:09 PM
    Ah, don't give up on Blackberry so easily. They've been so good to us in the past...
    11-29-14 05:22 PM
170 ... 23456 ...