its a scam you will be charged for custom duty as well in the end without you being informed.

just bought convertible case from their website and was charged 30$ usd as custom duty since they shipped from amsterdam. so ineffect i bought the case for 80$ USD.

shame on shopblackberry.com
    01-19-12 04:19 AM
    Unfortunately it normally appears that you can get things cheaper from Amazon than direct from BlackBerry. I got my fingers burnt when I made the mistake of buying direct.

Now I always check eBay and Amazon before I buy.......

It seems a strange business model why so many companies seem to do this, suppose it is aimed at Companies where they are restricted at to where they can purchase from (I used to work for one of these) not a good idea during a recession.
    01-19-12 04:47 AM
    the point is that we dont mind paying more but the least blackberry can do is tell in advance about the charges. and whats the whole point of country specific websites.

never thought RIM was in business of cheating people.
    BERaddict likes this.
    01-19-12 05:39 AM
    its a scam you will be charged for custom duty as well in the end without you being informed.

just bought convertible case from their website and was charged 30$ usd as custom duty since they shipped from amsterdam. so ineffect i bought the case for 80$ USD.

shame on shopblackberry.com
    My dear friend custom duty is an implied charge. Anything bought from abroad carries such burden. You must have researched well before buying. You must prefer ebay as amazon is not yet fully functional in India.
    01-19-12 06:43 AM
    The ShopBlackberry site is a third party site, not run by Blackberry. They should probably make that a bit more clear on the website. I think they may have their pricing set by BlackBerry, so not to be in competition to the local distributors/retailers.
    01-19-12 08:50 AM
    My dear friend custom duty is an implied charge. Anything bought from abroad carries such burden. You must have researched well before buying. You must prefer ebay as amazon is not yet fully functional in India.
    sure i know this. but when shopblackberry has a india specific site run by global solution who also have a setup in chennai.

my complaint is when i am buying from an indian site i cannot be charged custom duty untill specified that this would be imported. moreover as per indian law you cannot charge custom duty on inr price.

hope it clarifies.
    atlac likes this.
    01-19-12 11:02 AM
    Any product bought outside India attracts custom charges unless you carry it in person while travelling back from abroad (in which case, you can settle the duties in person or claim a no duty waiver).
    Online sites normally have their own ways to get tax and duty discounts and work arounds.

If you purchase something from abroad (online/offline), you have to make sure it doesnt attract custom duties while shipping it in.
    09-24-14 11:46 AM
    If you purchase something from abroad (online/offline), you have to make sure it doesnt attract custom duties while shipping it in.
    If I've understood correctly, the case was bought in India online from an "Indian" company, so it would never be expected to attract import duty. Because it was shipped from Amsterdam direct to the buyer, import duty was charged.

This is unacceptable, and it is very good that the warning about this company has been posted.
    09-25-14 08:01 AM
    the point is that we dont mind paying more but the least blackberry can do is tell in advance about the charges. and whats the whole point of country specific websites.

never thought RIM was in business of cheating people.
    Pallav staying in india and not knowing import procedure is your fault.
    I have been shopping from various sites including alipay, duty and octroi charges applied is as per customs standard tariff.

Before you buy anything do check import procedures, instead of blaming BlackBerry.

Hope you enjoyed your holster

Himanshu's Z30
    09-25-14 08:08 AM
    If the buyer is in India and buys from a company located in India I think it is reasonable not to expect to be hit with duties.

I am sure if you ordered something from Staples.com in the US and loved in the US you would need a might upset to find it is shipped from say China and get hit with import duties.

A few years ago, I had a similar situation with some computer parts. I ordered them from a Canadian company as the final cost, including shipping was quoted being less than buying the same parts from a US source.

When they arrived all was good until I got an email notice there was a supplemental shipping charge, customs, HST and a brokerage fee. I wrote back and showed I had paid HST with the original purchase and would not pay the added charges as there was no prior notice and hence no contractual obligation to pay the amount. As the seller is liable for these fees, after a few exchanges the matter was dropped. The company at least understood it could not simply charge my card without my authorization without raising a lot of legal issues and several causes of action against them. Not long after, I noticed on their sites there appeared a general notice that for some products there would be be additional charges as they were imported at the time of purchase. Guess they got a hold of their lawyer.
    09-26-14 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD