It will never surprise me that there are folks that want RIM/PB to fail... All of these articles that bash RIM and the PB. "2.0 close, but no cigar...,etc..." "There is still no twitter app."
    Why do you need apps, when you get a full web experience?? Twitter works fin on my PB... I'm sorry that your droid or ios device has to rely heavily on apps! If the pb is not for you, go get something else... Sorry for the rant...
    Last edited by arthropod88; 02-22-12 at 01:42 PM.
    kdna and yauchunh like this.
    02-22-12 01:38 PM
    It's OK, the majority of decent folk here feel the same way you do; the rest, well, they're just indecent.
    02-22-12 01:46 PM
    It will never surprise me that there are folks that want RIM/PB to fail... All of these articles that bash RIM and the PB. "2.0 close, but no cigar...,etc..." "There is still no twitter app."
    Why do you need apps, when you get a full web experience?? Twitter works fin on my PB... I'm sorry that your droid or ios device has to rely heavily on apps! If the pb is not for you, go get something else... Sorry for the rant...
    I don't want RIM to fail. I won't bash them. But after the last 2 full days of overcoming numerous quirks, glitches, stutters an an update that was so long in development, that shouldn't have caused so many burps, I'm done defending them as well, and my decision to only spend approximately $200 on any mobile devices from now on, regardless of manufacturer brand, has been vindicated.

Call me Switzerland.
    02-22-12 01:52 PM
    Why do you need apps, when you get a full web experience??
    Wow, some people really don't get it.
    02-22-12 02:01 PM
    It seems to me that RIM has this BIG target on its back that attracts negativity, and for the life of me I can't figure out WHY. There is NOT one product made that's perfect. IMO...RIM makes solid and very capable products
    02-22-12 02:13 PM
    Yes they do make very robust products... I did have some quirks yesterday as well, but after a security wipe the PB is awesome!
    02-22-12 02:21 PM
    Wow, some people really don't get it.
    yep, i have full web on my android devices too but there are tons of things where an app is better. Like looking for houses and cars. I found the Realtor app and cars.com app far superior to trying to use the websites for searching for these items. But i guess i like things streamlined and more efficient than some.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-22-12 02:27 PM
    I don't want RIM to fail. I won't bash them. But after the last 2 full days of overcoming numerous quirks, glitches, stutters an an update that was so long in development, that shouldn't have caused so many burps, I'm done defending them as well, and my decision to only spend approximately $200 on any mobile devices from now on, regardless of manufacturer brand, has been vindicated.

Call me Switzerland.
    what problems did you have?

i literally updated my pb in my sleep at 4am yesterday. I havent had a single glitch or stutter since.
    02-22-12 02:39 PM

Call me Switzerland.
    You seem really objective with your simon 2.0 avatar.

Stutter, glitches and stutters? hmm, didn't seem to have a problem with any of that.

for an os thats been out two days, your tide sure changes quickly....
    02-22-12 02:42 PM
    You seem really objective with your simon 2.0 avatar.

Stutter, glitches and stutters? hmm, didn't seem to have a problem with any of that.

for an os thats been out two days, your tide sure changes quickly....
    as for the avatar, get a sense of humor. As for you having no issues, and wearing horse blinders when it comes to all the quite easy to see / hard to not see posts about problems caused by the update, well, I'm happy things are so rosy for you, Captain You-planet. Apparently, many of us were away the day when Zeus handed you your magical goblet of luck and good fortune.
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 02-22-12 at 02:50 PM.
    02-22-12 02:48 PM
    While I agree the PlayBook has a great web browser, there are a number of iPad apps that are better than using the web versions, often because they are built specifically for a touchscreen interface. One example is Tweetbot which is an amazingly polished Twitter client for iOS that completely blows away the web interface (or any other Twitter client, including the official one).

And of course there are a ton of apps that have no web counterpart at all that I wish we had on the PB.
    02-22-12 03:18 PM
    as for the avatar, get a sense of humor. As for you having no issues, and wearing horse blinders when it comes to all the quite easy to see / hard to not see posts about problems caused by the update, well, I'm happy things are so rosy for you, Captain You-planet. Apparently, many of us were away the day when Zeus handed you your magical goblet of luck and good fortune.
    I'm not sure about "many", but the point you're making about there are some issues is Valid. I'll gladly admit that there is an issues where getting contacts onto the PB should not be restricted to just the E-mail Accounts, as just one minor example.

HOWEVER, my PB also must have been touched, blessed, and annointed by Zeus or whomever, because she works fine. And if you think that my blinders are on full blast, take yours off and take a fresh look.

Some people like their PB. There's at least 2 in this Thread.
    02-22-12 03:32 PM
    "There is still no twitter app."
    Why do you need apps, when you get a full web experience??

Come on!

People need apps. I don't want to enter in my username/password every time for twitter.
    I want to see my tweets right away. I don't want to login every time in order to do that.

I assume you deleted your Facebook app because you enjoy the web experience? Probably not
    howarmat and soogriff like this.
    02-22-12 03:34 PM
    I'm not sure about "many", but the point you're making about there are some issues is Valid. I'll gladly admit that there is an issues where getting contacts onto the PB should not be restricted to just the E-mail Accounts, as just one minor example.

HOWEVER, my PB also must have been touched, blessed, and annointed by Zeus or whomever, because she works fine. And if you think that my blinders are on full blast, take yours off and take a fresh look.

Some people like their PB. There's at least 2 in this Thread.
    nobody is disputing "like/dislike"

What I find flabbergasting is that now, even after I've made reference to the numerous posts regarding technical problems the last 2 days, you say "you have a point" and then a few lines down do a 180. wha..?

wait... you're not my wife are you!?
    02-22-12 03:40 PM

What I find flabbergasting is that now, even after I've made reference to the numerous posts regarding technical problems the last 2 days, you say "you have a point" and then a few lines down do a 180. wha..?

I'm not doing a 180, I'm doing a 90 dgree turn!

And I can assure you, unless you wife is a 25 year old Young black man from NJ, I'm not her.

Admitting you have a Point is just that. It's a sharp one. I just don't agree with you. We both can have points and they be just that My Friend.
    02-22-12 03:59 PM

so your saying the general large amount of people with zero problems should be compared to people who believe in myth and fabels?

Granted there probably is a segment of people with problems, how do we know what there problem is or what it stems from?

Yet you still want us to take you seriously?

maybe you should change your tactics on your objectivity.
    02-22-12 04:00 PM
    If I were actually interested in anything other than poking the obvious holes in your last argument I might, but in respect to your last two sentences, I have an absence of interest in either. Gratitude for asking though.
    02-22-12 04:07 PM
    If I were actually interested in anything other than poking the obvious holes in your last argument I might, but in respect to your last two sentences, I have an absence of interest in either. Gratitude for asking though.
    Im worried about it, im quite a holey person.

maybe you can contribute something to this post now?

anyways on to other things.

At the local starbucks today, had a gentlemen approach me and ask me if i was running the latest blackberry os 2.0 on my playbook and i was using the remote feature on my blackberry.

He said he had a 64gb he picked up on sale but hadn't had much time to play around with it yet, and wasnt really aware of a lot of the new features on the device, was quite impressed with what i showed him.

He was asking me how he can update his playbook, as he is used to apples way of updating software, and kind of replyed with "thats it?"

pretty funny reaction i must say
    02-22-12 04:29 PM
    Which full web experience is that? The one in which you can't use Amazon Instant Video, or any site that uses Silverlight, or any of the sites listed as being incompatible in the Blackberry forum?
    02-22-12 04:45 PM

Come on!

People need apps. I don't want to enter in my username/password every time for twitter.
    I want to see my tweets right away. I don't want to login every time in order to do that.

I assume you deleted your Facebook app because you enjoy the web experience? Probably not
    Yes I did actually, and do not see the point of a Facebook app when I can just as easily visit the site and get the full experience. If you have to sign in every time you go to a site then you don't know how to use the Internet. I do use Blaq but mostly because I like the interface
    02-22-12 05:42 PM
    still isnt as good as android or IOS but it does deserve third place
    02-22-12 06:16 PM
    I don't have to sign into the twitter site everyone I open it... I'm not saying the PB Doesn't need apps... I'm am just tied of all the bashing about the apps that the PB does not have. The PB needs apps, I totally agree. But what is out there fits my needs fine for now. Yes there are some things I would like to have, such as goto manage, a decent cross platform video chat, etc, but I'm not going to loose sleep over it.
    As far as sites that block the PB (hulu, amazon, etc...), is that Rim's fault?? Maybe a little... But it sure is strange how these sites worked at one time & then they just suddenly stopped working. I don't think RIM broke the playbook. More like "oh crap, RIM just made something that accesses our stuff for free! We should stop them!"
    I personally don't use these services. Yes I want them available on the PB. Do I think that the cryPad or DROID needs to have monopolistic access to apps? Absolutely not! Does RIM need to entice developers? Yes! Will app world grow? Yes!
    think about this, how many apps were around for the PB at release? How many now? I'm not talking about all the crap apps in the DROID market place or the crap store...
    (not one to really bash ios or droid, I'm just tired of all the bickering. Do you like your ipad? Great! I don't want one...it's just me.)
    the playbook is what it is. You either like it or hate it. If you hate it...go get something else and quit bi@tching about it...
    I was stunned to see that Runik is not available on ipad...my wife was like, say what?! You mean your crackpad has something my cry pad doesnt, wow!

Rant again...
    02-22-12 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD