OK we're pissed as hell but getting angry gets nothing done.

Just visited the 'official' BlackBerry forums and they're calling for a Class Action Suit against Thorstien Heins et. al. about promising BB10 for the PlayBook for the sake of recovering investors with out intent to actually deliver.

So all you legal beagles out there this is a call to action.

What say you?

Personally I have bought five PlayBooks for my family and convinced several others as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Don't be angry take action.-lie.jpg  
    Puddin13, Dr_Acula and sexybabe88 like this.
    06-28-13 03:25 PM
    Kevin please put your two bits in as this will effect your profits as well.
    06-28-13 03:28 PM
    I will happily sign my name to a class action lawsuit... For a company who is trying to rebuild trust, they just screwed their own loyal customers in a very public way!!! This speaks volumes about how good their word is... No honor and no more loyal BlackBerry customers!!! As far as Heins saying they'll continue support for the PlayBook, his and BlackBerry's word is worth nothing... They broke their own promise to paying customers already, I don't trust one word out of their mouths from this point on!!!!
    CRJDRIVER likes this.
    06-28-13 03:36 PM
    Maybe y'all should sue yourselves for believing what the CEO of a failing corporation promises about upcoming products?

Lesson learned? Probably not.
    kbz1960 and saudadeii like this.
    06-28-13 05:33 PM
    Maybe y'all should sue yourselves for believing what the CEO of a failing corporation promises about upcoming products?

Lesson learned? Probably not.
    Yes of course! And the lesson is to buy in the future but never to expect anything from anyone? Better spend your money and do not expect because someone could fool you - very safe strategy but so much wiser?
    06-28-13 05:55 PM
    Yes of course! And the lesson is to buy in the future but never to expect anything from anyone? Better spend your money and do not expect because someone could fool you - very safe strategy but so much wiser?
    Straw man argument Logical fallacy since the ancient Greeks.

Yup, lesson not learned. A fool and his money... etc etc..
    06-28-13 06:03 PM
    Just like most of life today the secret is buying what exists and not buying on the basis of promises. Promises are only words with no value until fulfilled.

Via CB 10. Bits C000C6078 for news, science, and technology links.
    06-28-13 06:08 PM
    OK we're pissed as hell but getting angry gets nothing done.

Just visited the 'official' BlackBerry forums and they're calling for a Class Action Suit against Thorstien Heins et. al. about promising BB10 for the PlayBook for the sake of recovering investors with out intent to actually deliver.

So all you legal beagles out there this is a call to action.

What say you?

Personally I have bought five PlayBooks for my family and convinced several others as well.
    hehehehe you are late! i already started my work on it. about 3 weeks ago before the RIM news broke out and became official? i started to work on bootloader. :-D because i gave up about a month ago on RIM's fscktardism. ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    and a lawsuit wont help. damage has already been done. so forget it.
    06-28-13 06:09 PM
    Open source the playbook OS as it is and let the community to continue with improvement. Or, provide unlock to the bootloader and let users install other OS they like.
    ute likes this.
    06-28-13 06:14 PM
    Where do I sign.....
    06-28-13 06:15 PM
    Open source the playbook OS as it is and let the community to continue with improvement. Or, provide unlock to the bootloader and let users install other OS they like.
    one last hurdle. i am not going to bore you with technical concepts. but if we find jtag pins and the resistor value. its solved.
    thanks
    -paul
    06-28-13 06:16 PM
    God get over it. Do you screw your PB? It a tablet and is good for only so long. BB is moving to great phones. Have a drink and chill
    thekidshop likes this.
    06-28-13 06:22 PM
    Where do I sign.....
    find the resistor pin and the resistance value. thats it.
    thanks
    -paul
    06-28-13 06:22 PM
    I'm taking action with my wallet. No more BBRY products for me and I certainly will not be indorsing them to anyone.
    06-28-13 06:27 PM
    This is the key think of Linux and lets say the Raspberry PI both open source and so strong ..just release it RIMM
    06-28-13 07:12 PM
    I'm taking action with my wallet. No more BBRY products for me and I certainly will not be indorsing them to anyone.
    agreed
    06-28-13 07:55 PM
    RIM escaped death a couple years ago. Z10/Q10 was the Hail Mary for the company. I'm choked about the Playbook. I've been buying apps, accessories... for it and now realize that money was wasted because the thing will be technologically irrelevant soon. (Yeah it will work, so will my 8-track player but my MP3 player makes that a poor choice now).

I'm really, really happy I chose to go IPhone for my work phone because it now looks like the BB line has jumped its final shark and the end is near. Whew, dodged that bullet.

Will trade Blackberry stocks for Sacramento Kings playoff tickets.

27% drop in one day? Wow.
    taz323 likes this.
    06-28-13 08:03 PM
    While I am disappointed at hearing the bad news regarding PB, a class action lawsuit against Thor will have no basis in law. BBRY has no contract or obligation to owners of PB, unlike, say, a breach of contract with its shareholders. Being a PB owner does not make one a shareholder.

BBRY had to make some tough business decisions. Better for BBRY to live and fight another day than to die on the vine. . . Or be taken over by a competitor.

And no, I don't work for BBRY. Like most I'm just another PB owner.
    06-28-13 09:17 PM
    I am with you on this, no more blackberry products for me.

I purchased my pb in dec 2012 its the 32gb LTE model from rogers and was really looking forward to bb10 on playbook even if it was a lite version at least its bb10.

I purchased my z10 in feb 2013 cause heins stated bb10 will becoming to the playbook later this year, so to support bb10 and blackberry in money wise to get this done, I purchased the z10.

We have been decievded by heins for company gain and I will never support blackberry anymore nor tell anyone to purchase a bb product. I can't stand companies who lie to consumers to gain profit and screw the consumers in the end.
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-28-13 09:45 PM
    I can't believe I helped this liar sell z10's.

Black is best Z10!
    06-28-13 09:52 PM
    God get over it. Do you screw your PB? It a tablet and is good for only so long. BB is moving to great phones. Have a drink and chill
    Went for a long drive in the country, had the drink too, but Brazil users suing Apple and winning just keeps coming back. But hey, thanks for the suggestion any way.
    06-28-13 10:22 PM
    While I am disappointed at hearing the bad news regarding PB, a class action lawsuit against Thor will have no basis in law. BBRY has no contract or obligation to owners of PB, unlike, say, a breach of contract with its shareholders. Being a PB owner does not make one a shareholder.

BBRY had to make some tough business decisions. Better for BBRY to live and fight another day than to die on the vine. . . Or be taken over by a competitor.

And no, I don't work for BBRY. Like most I'm just another PB owner.
    From the reaction of the stock market, I think that the only shareholders for rim that remained were PB owners. And yesterday they were not very happy.
    blueberrymerry and Cynycl like this.
    06-29-13 08:12 AM
    You have more money then brains obviously!!! Dumbest comment ever... so apparently electronics are only good for a year now.

My gf still uses her ipad 1 religiously. It still gets updates how many years later

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 06-29-13 at 10:34 AM.
    taz323 likes this.
    06-29-13 10:18 AM
    While I am disappointed at hearing the bad news regarding PB, a class action lawsuit against Thor will have no basis in law.
    i dont know how it is overseas but in good old europe there are many countries where official announcements (and heins did exactly this with Sayin "bbos 10 will come later this year to pb") are legally binding
    CRJDRIVER and FF22 like this.
    06-29-13 10:31 AM
    You have more money then brains obviously!!! Dumbest comment ever... so apparently electronics are only good for a year now.

My gf still uses her ipad 1 religiously. It still gets updates how many years later

Posted via CB10
    Since when can you update the Ipad original past 5.x.x. Apple stopped pushing updates to mine months ago! Just as old as the playbook too! Admittedly I'm annoyed but it's had a good run and if it's still being supported I will carrying on using my playbook exactly the same as always. Had a feeling this would happen though. All I really wanted on the playbook was the browser anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:43 AM
28 12