Im noticing my playbook is lagging a lot recently... it takes quite a while to boot up and sometimes it gets stuck in the apps or load things really slowly or crashes (browser). I suspect this is also why MC2 might be having graphics issue (as i notice it doesnt have the issues if i press the buttons slowly). It has significantly slowed down since April 2011 when i first got it. anyone else notice this or is it just me?
    03-17-12 12:26 PM
    Nope no lag here. Running very well.
    03-17-12 12:30 PM
    Not mine either.
    03-17-12 12:35 PM
    No, not at all, I see that you've had your Playbook for a while so you probably know all the in's and out's. Maybe it's an app that's causing the problem. Do you remember the last app downloaded?
    03-17-12 12:37 PM
    Not mine either.
    Have you guys tried running multiple apps (3 or 4) at once? and 'high intensity' apps ie. modern combat 2/asphalt 6 while having email/twitter/browser opened? I might add i have 174 apps showing up on my 16 gb pb as of this post lol not sure if that slows it down (or maybe its not that much depending on who you ask)
    03-17-12 12:41 PM
    Doing great over here!
    03-17-12 12:45 PM
    Have you guys tried running multiple apps (3 or 4) at once? and 'high intensity' apps ie. modern combat 2/asphalt 6 while having email/twitter/browser opened? I might add i have 174 apps showing up on my 16 gb pb as of this post lol not sure if that slows it down (or maybe its not that much depending on who you ask)
    I have 112 apps on a 32gb and yes I do run "high intensity" apps at once from time to time . That might have something to do with your "slowdown" WOW...174 apps, maybe you should get a larger memory PlayBook
    03-17-12 12:50 PM
    I have multiple apps open at any point in time including the android player with kindle always live most of the day, the only thing that happens is the famous browser crash and i've noticed this happens mostly when the messages app is running. Even with all that never any lag, worst thing that happens is a browser crash or messages app shuts down, never any lag. Maybe you've got a whole lot occupying your 16gb, computers generally slow down in performance when the storage space is depleted due to the virtual memory thing, i'm not sure of this applies with tablets.
    03-17-12 12:50 PM
    Yes, my PB is laggy at times. It seems completely whimsical. While reading the OP on my PC, I swiped my PB, entered password, then waited half a minute for it to open. I noticed there was a message, so fired that up and waited as it labored to do so (another half minute or more). Now it's working fine. I'd say this is occasional behavior, not often but not as rare as it should be. I regularly purge the browser cache and have only one app runninging the background on a 64 gig machine.
    03-17-12 01:02 PM
    Yeah from time to time when I type something it takes a while for the letters to show up. Sometimes they dont show up at all. Its infrequent but it happens, it would be good to figure out why.
    03-17-12 01:06 PM
    I have no lab on native apps but sometimes android apps are a bit laggy...
    Applications never crashed also. It's a realy good OS but a bit closed for me...
    03-17-12 01:23 PM
    ...the browser is laggy, I'm not gonna lie. I'm sorry but I don't experience any sort of the same issues with iOS. Particularly the text manipulation... it's jittery as heck and laggy. If RIM can fix the issues with the touch events with the browser and the text selection I'd be at peace with my PB.
    03-17-12 03:44 PM
    Yes I run several apps @ a time. I don't ever have any lag. I've been real surprised at how snappy my PB has been.
    03-17-12 03:54 PM
    Yes, my PB is laggy at times. It seems completely whimsical. While reading the OP on my PC, I swiped my PB, entered password, then waited half a minute for it to open. I noticed there was a message, so fired that up and waited as it labored to do so (another half minute or more). Now it's working fine. I'd say this is occasional behavior, not often but not as rare as it should be. I regularly purge the browser cache and have only one app runninging the background on a 64 gig machine.
    Same here, on a 64Gb playbook. Entering passwords takes a long time, sometimes the keyboard is responsive (I can hear the clicks) but nothing appears - one letter remains highlighted. Then something sorts itself out, and all the letters start appearing in the textbox.

Don't see the delays that much when playing games.

I do see it when pressing any of the buttons on the top bar - or trying anything in the menu with all the settings.

Weird stuff - did not experience this at all when on 1.08

Will see if my 16Gb one has the same issues.
    03-17-12 05:14 PM
    I get a lot more lag from the PB than my laptop on the wi-fi as well as the odd app (mostly android I suspect) "pause" while it tries to figure out what I'm asking of it, LOL
    pbmc likes this.
    03-17-12 05:15 PM
    I don't have severe slowdown issues on the two 64GB PB's I got here (fingers crossed).
    The PB's are very responsive while surfing, the HD games are running just fine.

Would it help to clean up the cache of the browser? ->suggestion from a noob ;-)
    03-17-12 05:29 PM
    I've had the Android player go wonky, after an android app has misbehaved, stop loading android apps correctly, and cause some generalized stuttering in the OS.

Never had it last past a reboot though.
    03-17-12 06:58 PM
    95% of the time, no Lag.. tho, If I use the FaceBook app, a fair bit of lag scrolling up and down the news feed.
    03-17-12 07:09 PM
    The lag you describe is exactly the same as I have on my 32 gig. The typing gets brutally laggy at random times...but especially at passwords.....this never happened prior to os2...still loving the pb but would be nice to determine what causes this
    03-17-12 07:19 PM
    Full reinstall - as if playbook wqs bricked
    Reboot - clean situation
    431 mb memory available
    13 additional apps installed, mainly games( the HD ones, madden, tetris, etc. )

Start camera app
    Take photos
    Lag between photos is about 3 to 5 secs
    Close camera
    Open pictures
    Swipe down
    Lag before swipe-down menu opens is 5 - 8 secs
    Selecting photos is immediate
    Deleting photos is immediate
    But moving from photo to photo takes about 2 -3 secs, sometimes 5 secs
    When switching between apps, keyboard input most of the times lags 3 secs

It's really annoying... Sometimes ihave to wait 5 - 8 secs before the input from the keyboard gets displayed in the app or textbox....

I want my 1.08 back!
    Last edited by TheRealRoland; 03-21-12 at 10:34 PM.
    03-21-12 10:30 PM
    Haven't had any yet.
    03-21-12 11:22 PM
    After upgrading to 2.0 straight from the beta I had some lag. A security wipe fixed it and now my PB is running smooth and lag-free.
    03-21-12 11:40 PM
    Yeah I've also noticed a considerable 'lag' and overall sluggishness ever since the 2.0 update. Did a complete wipe and reload. No better. Switching from from one app to another is fine. The browser is simply horrible - Slow, checkered pattern all the time! And that's what I use 90% of the time! Android player is a crap shoot - hit or miss. And slow too. Have to reboot PB constantly after running any android app after a few minutes. Sideloaded or from AppWorld.

My other 'toys' and laptops on same wifi do no not lag when surfing web. PB did not used to be this way...slowed down after 2.0
    03-21-12 11:45 PM
    The lag you describe is exactly the same as I have on my 32 gig. The typing gets brutally laggy at random times...but especially at passwords.....this never happened prior to os2...still loving the pb but would be nice to determine what causes this
    So is this specific to OS2? I just got a 32 GB and have spent two days with it and it's annoying with all the randomness and lack of stuff working. I'm a few days from returning it.

I generally dislike these types of touchscreen devices - PB/iPad, but I'm certain the iPad isn't buggy like this. As much as I hate Apple, they sure make stuff keep working.

What sucks is that I see how much potential this device has, butI have a feeling I'll run out of patience to really get to see it in its glory. I feel like i'm a beta tester. Seriously.
    03-21-12 11:50 PM
    I've had the lagging keyboard/typing problem more and more recently. Not just on passwords, either -- it could be any text entry box on the screen. Nothing will appear (and the keyboard will not "click" as I type), and one of the keyboard letters will remain highlighted, then suddenly after a pause of a couple of second, the letters will spit forth in a burst of clicks.

I've also noticed that the browser is slower to load now on 2.0. There are also fits and starts of unresponsiveness with things like the back button. None of this happened on 1.08.

I'm closing in on filling up my 64GB (only about 8 GB left), and I have 5 Android apps installed, but that's the only thing that's different since the advent of 2.0.

Together with the music playlist bug, I'd say this puppy is in need of a bug fix update soon.
    03-22-12 01:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD