View Poll Results: Does your PB have a dead pixel(s)?

Voters
427. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Playbook has never had a dead pixel.

301 70.49%
  • My Playbook had a dead pixel(s) but it/they went away.

12 2.81%
  • My Playbook has one or two dead pixels.

86 20.14%
  • My Playbook has multiple dead pixels.

28 6.56%
01-08-13 08:04 AM
104 1234 ...
tools
    Took me 3 tries to get one that didn't have one.
    10-06-11 12:06 AM
    It's not dead pixel for me, it just doesnt display black, all colors are displayed correctly...

I have 3 of them

Don't care, something could be worst in life...
    10-06-11 05:49 AM
    Got one on the lower corner, noticed it on day one during the loading screen but never saw it again. Probably cause I never look at the loading screen anymore lol. As usual its seen on a black background, but funny thing I don't see it when I'm reading my ebooks on Dark mode(black bg). Maybe not black enough? or just too tiny to be seen?
    10-06-11 09:54 AM
    As for me I will not take part in the poll as I don't want to jinx myself. Maybe I just did?
    10-06-11 10:08 AM
    Don't play around with mine enough to notice, I guess. Maybe I should pay more attention.
    10-06-11 10:41 AM
    I would think that if you don't notice any irregularity you don't have any malfunctioning pixels.
    10-06-11 10:46 AM
    no dead pixels here. build quality is excellant
    10-06-11 12:55 PM
    Bumping for more data.

I wonder if any of the PBs with malfunctioning pixels would be "cured" by using one of these screen exercisers (exorcisms?) that have been mentioned.
    10-06-11 06:52 PM
    Bumping for more data.
    10-07-11 09:23 AM
    I had 1 stuck pixel (red) slap-bang in the middle of the screen from day 1, but didn't really have a problem with it and it only became noticable on a black background.

It has now "unstuck" - not sure when, but it's not there now - so the advice above about trying colour-cycle apps is probably worth a go before going the RMA route.
    10-07-11 09:33 AM
    I couldn't find the "display test" referred to by others. Instead, I turned on the free flashlight app and looked very closely. As far as I could see, there was not one dead pixel. My understanding is that the RIM WARRANTY will cover any PB with any dead pixel. People should check their device and if it has a dead pixel, just have it replaced within the warranty period.
    10-07-11 12:54 PM
    I just searched for 'display' and found the app that I've got - Display Test.
    10-07-11 03:39 PM
    Sheesh! It's funny that "Display Test" won't show up if you type "display test" in the Appworkd search box, but does show up if you enter just "display". Grrr... stupid search software.

Got it, ran it, looked very closely with the different colours, and nope, no dead pixels here. Not one.
    10-07-11 03:56 PM
    1st Playbook had 1 dead pixel. 2nd Playbook had no dead pixel.
    10-07-11 04:10 PM
    Bumping again for more data. Surely there are more than 140 or so PB owners on this site in any given week. Unless, that is, some aren't responding for the reason a couple of posters wrote that they don't want to jinx anything.
    10-08-11 09:59 AM
    Two Playbooks - No dead pixels. PB has excellent build quality.
    10-08-11 10:01 AM
    If you happened to notice a dead pixel during the startup splash animation, it may not be a dead pixel at all.
    Last edited by ferganer; 11-14-11 at 11:45 PM.
    10-13-11 01:51 AM
    I had a dead pixel on my Dell Vostro. I named him Steve.
    That's just like something I would do

Nice one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 02:36 AM
    Has anyone seen any hot pixels? Always on? They are worse. They would have to be named by color. Reddy, Greeny, Blooy. Never heard a complaint as they would more likely be caught at the factory I suppose..
    I have three pixels that are lit up white during the Blackberry logo boot screen, but as the background cycles through the color images, they disappear. After boot, I don't see them. I ran the Display Test program and don't see them. So, what would these types of pixels be called? They're not dead and not stuck to a specific color all the time...
    RossyBoy92 likes this.
    10-13-11 04:20 AM
    When I first purchased my playbook it didn't have any dead pixels but I noticed a few days ago that it had developed one. It's not affecting the way I use my playbook. I hope it doesn't develop anymore.
    10-13-11 10:26 AM
    guys check your pb again.put your brightness full blast and download some apps for dead pixel checker.i thought i dont have dead pixels but i actually have couple.
    Why in the world would I want to do that? I'm perfectly happy with what I see on the screen now - nothing good can come of this.
    10-13-11 11:23 AM
    I had 3 dead pixels on the 32g PB i just purchased friday.... returned it promptly for a replacement.... none now!!
    10-13-11 11:40 AM
    I guess it is just me, my original 16GB had plenty of dust under the screen. I exchanged it for the 32GB which had dead pixels and I am up to my 4th exchange. I am sticking with it despite the news of OS2 being delayed til February. I just want one that shows the least amount of dead pixels. Once I get a hold of a 32GB that has at the most, one (1) dead pixel in a non-obvious location I will be fine. The price I got mine for was perfect so I will be nuts if I jump ships.
    10-26-11 11:24 AM
    Well I too have dead pixels. One significant one in the middle of the screen. At least two other small faint ones that are not really noticeable. I debated as to whether to send it back for RMA and finally decided that after OS2 delay, paying $ 600 for a glorified web browser device and so on (insert gripe here) and the fact that on a dark screen it's impossible to miss - to send the thing back. This is the second time sending back the same unit for RMA service. The first time was for the infamous useless power button that hardly worked issue. This time for the dead pixel. The first time the process took a week and went smoothly. I hope the same result this time around. Findings to follow.
    11-09-11 01:53 PM
    So almost a 25% dead pixel rate among users? This isn't good.
    11-09-11 01:59 PM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD