View Poll Results: Does Your Browser Crash and How Often?

Voters
937. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have never experienced any browser crashing problems.

123 13.13%
  • Browser crashes occasionally, but this hasn't bothered me much.

288 30.74%
  • Browser crashes often (e.g a few times a week). More frequently under OS 2.0 than before.

235 25.08%
  • Browser crashes often (e.g a few times a week). Less frequently under OS 2.0 than before.

56 5.98%
  • Browser crashes daily. More frequently under OS 2.0.

217 23.16%
  • Browser crashes daily. Less frequently under OS 2.0.

18 1.92%
    Papa Smurf, I want to Smurfing to Smurf site but it always Puff.
    Smurf site works if you turn images off.
    03-06-12 05:36 PM
    I didn't vote because none of the answers suits my current state: Not a crash since 2.0.
    03-06-12 06:33 PM
    I didn't vote because none of the answers suits my current state: Not a crash since 2.0.
    Thanks.

I'd choose the closest answer, which in your case is the first one.

Or you can wait and see before casting your vote.
    03-06-12 06:41 PM
    My browser crashes a few times a week but my biggest problem which is irritating me more is the erratic screen behavior when plugged into the supplied charger and now the erratic screen behavior with just the hdmi plugged. I had to give a presentation the other day and it was embarrassing I had to switch to my laptop. I need to call support when I finish this road trip so they can log the issue.
    03-06-12 07:53 PM
    There are threads with people reporting browser crashes.

Let's do the poll to see whether you have the problem and whether it has gotten worse or better under the new OS 2.0.

Please, also let us know what you think causes browser crashes on your Playbook (if known or suspected), so that we can get a fuller picture of why the browser may crash.

Please, note that this is an open poll and your response is publicly visible.
    I also voted occasionally but it has only been a couole of times so i would go for rarely has happened but not an issue (my windows crashes more than my pb acyuall lol ).

One thing to consider that i suggested to another thread is to see if we can pin point the websites that ppl crash on. Maybe this is the differentiating factor that makes this so uneven in distribution of various pb setups..???
    03-06-12 07:58 PM
    How about dm open, pb on, connect, after doing, finds it restart pb, choose update when prompted.
    yeah I've tried that.. As well as the 10 second power button.. Then tried the poweer/+- volume reset and still nothing gives. Tried every variation I could think of. Only thing I haven't tried is on my old crappy desktop pc.. But I'm reluctant to give it another go, but I might one day..
    03-06-12 07:59 PM
    I get that error every time I've done it. It comes up after the playbook starts to reboot again. Nothing wrong it did it.
    Are you saying it was installed 100% correctly with that "error" message?

I'm very suspicious about this Blackberry software installation "error" message. People who have used the "debrick" method is the "error" message normal and a complete installation?
    03-06-12 08:00 PM
    I got my playbook in November and back then it would probably crash once in a while maybe once every two weeks but not much. But since updating to OS2.0 Its been happening almost everyday at first I thought it was certain sites but I noticed it was happening sites like yahoo or just any site. I really hope RIM can maybe release a patch to fix this.
    03-06-12 08:04 PM
    Are you saying it was installed 100% correctly with that "error" message?

I'm very suspicious about this Blackberry software installation "error" message. People who have used the "debrick" method is the "error" message normal and a complete installation?
    Yes it shows every time when the Playbook reboots when it is done. That or it just goes thru the setup for the heck of it and apps and files are gone. If it didn't do it I would think I would have my PB exactly like I never did anything or it would be a brick.
    03-06-12 08:07 PM
    Funny. The browser never crashed since the update until i found this thread. Few hours after voting, bam. There went the Browser window for it first( and hopefully last) crash. No problems since then though. Its still way better then OS1 browser.Their were quite a few sites that would just cause the browser to crash as soon is i tried to load the page.
    03-06-12 08:12 PM
    I decided to give the native browser a rest and started using SimpleBrowser+ yesterday. So far. So good. Love being able to edit my bookmarks and the order in which they are listed
    cezley likes this.
    03-06-12 08:47 PM
    I got my pb after 2.0 so I can't really tell.
    I use my pb up at work. I work a twelve hour shift. My pb is on for the whole shift and most likely a web page is up and running (I have a lot of time to myself during work. So much so that it's embarrassing) and I've only had the browser crash maybe once? Or twice? I dunno, but it's not enough to notice or complain about. Especially considering how much usage my browser logs in during the day.
    Btw, I have no sideloaded apps, no rooting has been done to my playbook. All my apps are from the appworld.
    03-06-12 09:08 PM
    Funny. The browser never crashed since the update until i found this thread. Few hours after voting, bam. There went the Browser window for it first( and hopefully last) crash. No problems since then though. Its still way better then OS1 browser.Their were quite a few sites that would just cause the browser to crash as soon is i tried to load the page.
    I promise no spells were cast on the thread while writing it
    03-06-12 09:53 PM
    After browser going poof whilst reading this specific thread, I have now raised a ticket with RIM directly. Suggest others do same.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-06-12 10:19 PM
    Mine does every once in a while, but from what I see, its because I'm trying to do too much. I'll start loading a page, then hit back and then tap something else already on the page or try to scroll and change my mind again and sure enough it'll dump on me. But I think's it's user ADD kicking in.
    03-06-12 11:20 PM
    For those of you who experience browser crashes, have any of you tried both wiping and de-bricking your Playbook to see if that reduces the amount of browser crashes? I've only done a wipe, not a full de-brick, and still experience daily crashes.
    03-06-12 11:52 PM
    Mine crashed more before the update with the beta. Downloading apps and not get a constant error message is my problem.
    03-07-12 12:06 AM
    Has anyone contacted RIM about this (via Tweeter for example)? Any word on whether they are looking into this issue?
    03-07-12 08:47 PM
    Good idea. Tweet @BlackBerryHelp ...
    03-07-12 09:03 PM
    Good idea. Tweet @BlackBerryHelp ...
    No Tweeter here Can someone twit the link to this poll, please?
    03-07-12 09:15 PM
    With 443 votes on the poll, most (less 72) indicating their browser crashes/has crashed, why isn't this front page news, getting some kind of response from RIM?
    03-08-12 06:14 PM
    With 443 votes on the poll, most (less 72) indicating their browser crashes/has crashed, why isn't this front page news, getting some kind of response from RIM?
    Inconvenient truth...
    03-08-12 07:22 PM
    Your poll is missing a category;

"Crashed Often Under OS, Haven't Noticed ANY Crashes Since 2.0 Update"
    That's the one I would have checked.
    03-08-12 07:32 PM
    Your poll is missing a category;

"Crashed Often Under OS, Haven't Noticed ANY Crashes Since 2.0 Update"
    That's the one I would have checked.
    I'd choose the closest one in your case, which is option 1.
    03-08-12 07:59 PM
    My browser seem to crash when I have too many tabs opened. And it will crash a few times more before it'll stay open. *le sigh*
    A few days ago, I voted that my PB had never crashed.

Tonight, it crashed for the first time and it was after I had 5 or 6 tabs open from CrackBerry.

I feel hurt and betrayed for some reason, hahha
    03-08-12 09:13 PM
404 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD