View Poll Results: Does Your Browser Crash and How Often?

Voters
937. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have never experienced any browser crashing problems.

123 13.13%
  • Browser crashes occasionally, but this hasn't bothered me much.

288 30.74%
  • Browser crashes often (e.g a few times a week). More frequently under OS 2.0 than before.

235 25.08%
  • Browser crashes often (e.g a few times a week). Less frequently under OS 2.0 than before.

56 5.98%
  • Browser crashes daily. More frequently under OS 2.0.

217 23.16%
  • Browser crashes daily. Less frequently under OS 2.0.

18 1.92%
09-18-12 09:07 AM
404 ... 14151617
tools
    man... is this still going on? especially here?

that is FALSE!!! The media just didnt bother LISTENING to what RIM was saying and then didnt bother to CONFIRM what they were printing.
    Been digging this a bit and looks this was false indeed, sounds good :-)
    I love the form factor of my PB
    Almost threw it on ebay but just could not, even browser's crashes are driving me mad
    Found a nice epub reader but no valid comic reader 'till now :-(
    Still have hope RIM will provide a nice update for the PB
    Never owned an iPhone and don't think I'll ever will
    I love new tech stuff, RIM still has room to improve (IMHO) and current PB's OS is very promising
    Also looking forward their next mobile OS release ...
    04-04-12 11:04 AM
    I found a solution to accessing XDA. I'm sure someone else has probably pointed this out but I haven't seen it posted.

Anyway, turn off flash and javascript. Hasn't crashed on me in the 2 weeks since I started doing this. All content appears to be there.
    04-05-12 06:56 AM
    That's not really a solution. We shouldn't have to disable anything. It's a short term fix is all.
    I know Android apps force close all the time. They don't seem to mind it over there though.
    04-05-12 06:58 AM
    That's not really a solution. We shouldn't have to disable anything. It's a short term fix is all.
    I know Android apps force close all the time. They don't seem to mind it over there though.
    They don't care if guess? Or they figure its open source and free so meh?
    04-05-12 07:04 AM
    As a RIM enterprise support customer I opened a support case last night with RIM about the browser crash/closing issue. I specifically refenced this thread and the websites Evry - EVRY and MARCA.com.

Initially recieved an email response and they told me they could not replicate the issue, I explained that it is happening to many many users, not just myself.

Today I received a call from a RIM tech, she told me they have been able to recreate the issue internally and it has been forwarded on to the devs for review. She told me that obviously there is some issue with the browser not being able to handle those specific websites and they should be able to issolate the issue and have it fixed in a future update of the playbook software.

Just figured i would give everyone an update!
    edu3110 likes this.
    04-05-12 07:15 AM
    My browser crashed twice last Sunday, that makes a total of five crashes since purchase last December, I don't think that is anything to complain about.
    04-05-12 07:23 AM
    There are specific website which will crash your browser everytime you try to use them. this is the big complaint.

I have no problem with an occasional browser crash, my windows computer does that too.

But if a specific website ALWAYS crashes your browser, that is something that should be addressed and fixed.
    04-05-12 07:26 AM
    Anybody else having a problem with Xfinity.net? THis site used to be stable on my PB but now crashes to the desktop every time I navigate there! Very annoying!

After reading through this thread I dumped the cache and restarted.. I will have to try again when I get home (no Wifi @ work)

Edit: FOrgot about Bridged browser! Cranked up the bridge and I can open Xfinity.net fine.. no crashing. Now I'm stumped.

Update:. Back home on WiFi, Browser crashes on Xfinity.net just as it almost completes loading. So frustrating!
    Last edited by redcon1; 04-05-12 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Update
    04-05-12 02:08 PM
    Hi, I don't know what's up with 2.0 but I can't hardly use my browser for anything anymore....it's so annoying. I am a die hard BB user and refuse to go to the DROID and absolutely don't want the "I" anything please tell me they are working on a fix!!!! If I am on Facebook or Pandora, my two fav's it just crashes!!! I have noticed that if it sitsvidle for any length of time, it is sure to crash. My laptop is down now, so I have been using PB more but I cannot function like this.....HELP!
    04-05-12 03:29 PM
    Since I deleted all of the available and open wifi options except the ones I normally use...it hasn't crashed once.
    04-05-12 07:12 PM
    I specifically bought the Playbook/OSS 2.0 because of it's specs, which includes 1GB of memory.

I use it regularly for news feeds, web browsing, online research, emails, youtube, and pdf/doc files for reading and studying.

lately i am getting sick of applications constanly crashing, while the remaining memory always hovers around 300MB without any application opened.

Crashberries:

When i am clearing cookies, history, etc. the web browser crashes.

If i am reading a news feeds, which then opens a link in the web browsser, the news app crashes.

If i am reading an email, which then opens a link in the web browsser, the email app crashes.

When i go to certain sites, example mashable.com, the web browser crashes.

Sometimes email app constantly wants me to re-enter my password.

Sometimes wifi is on, but i am requested to re-select the access point.

The browser and other application crashes, makes the device un-reliable for multi-tasking to get any work or studying done which requires online research.

RIM please fix this, the device is suppose to be a "tool not a toy". 1GB of memory and app constantly crashing, come on:

04-08-12 09:06 AM
    Yeah RIM has to pick up the quality control on the PB's. I received a new PB two weeks ago due to warranty work, my original PB crashed maybe all of 5 times. Now with the "new" one, it crashes about 2-3 times a day.
    How does one PB do it and another doesn't.......
    04-08-12 11:31 AM
    As a RIM enterprise support customer I opened a support case last night with RIM about the browser crash/closing issue. I specifically refenced this thread and the websites Evry - EVRY and MARCA.com.

Initially recieved an email response and they told me they could not replicate the issue, I explained that it is happening to many many users, not just myself.

Today I received a call from a RIM tech, she told me they have been able to recreate the issue internally and it has been forwarded on to the devs for review. She told me that obviously there is some issue with the browser not being able to handle those specific websites and they should be able to issolate the issue and have it fixed in a future update of the playbook software.

Thank you for redirecting all of our posted websites to RIM. I have hopes that RIM is not going to let us down and the issues will be fixed once the update is released. I guess the only thing we can do for now is wait for the update.

Thank you once again k_a_s_m_i_t_h, your help is appreciated!
    04-14-12 10:51 AM

They couldn't recreate the Evry.com crash? I call it BS. They are either using an absolutely different OS build from the rest of us, or they are in even more denial than some people on this forum.

I know at least a handful of websites that will crash the PB browser every time and many many more that will crash the browser frequently.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 04-14-12 at 02:28 PM.
    04-14-12 12:09 PM
    For me the problem is with one particular WEB:
    MARCA.com
    It is a sports spanish web and since OS 2.0 is running on my PB it's impossible to load.
    Always crash
    04-15-12 04:08 PM
    Yes, i do have browser crashes. This often has to do with streaming media when at the same time being in HDMI Output mode. When i do both at the same time it doesn't mean it will crash each time but does so now and then when loading either 720p or 1080p content.

Aiming in this case at high quality content streamed from either Youtube or other video sources.

I've also noticed that the wifi sign in the right top corner does not seem to be as respondsive as before as it does take longer to indicate the actual signal strength of the connection that i'm on. Is this an uncommon experience?

The browser on it's own does not crash for me though. Only when showing stuff on the tv or on an other source. Specificly in the browser though.

Hope this helps the thread gather some more info.
    04-15-12 04:13 PM
    Why doesn't the browser/OS have error reporting? I would gladly click "Submit error report" when it crashes so they can fix this nonsense. Or at least give me an error message so I know what went wrong... not just... nothing/disappear
    04-16-12 09:48 AM
    Today was the first time the browser crashed three times in a row while browsing Crackberry forums
    04-16-12 01:12 PM
    Mine crashes at least twice a day

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-16-12 01:19 PM
    An update has just been released, downloading now....
    Hopefully fixes browser issues and global system performance....
    Source URL : http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=reposit...date_2.0.1.358

-- edit --
    Killed my hopes of the PB being a good browsing device I could carry everywhere
    I think I give up, the toy will be gone to ebay
    Thanks all for this thread that gave me hope for a time :-)
    Last edited by dawabz94; 04-18-12 at 01:59 AM.
    04-17-12 05:48 PM
    I haven't had time to test the update extensively, but the previously problematic sites like Evry.com and XDA load without crashing (Yaaaaay!!!), although very slowly.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 04-17-12 at 05:58 PM.
    04-17-12 05:54 PM
    Confirmed
    XDA loads but takes forever to load... :-(
    04-17-12 06:19 PM
    I have only had my playbook since the first of May of this year and I have had many times where it would crash whenever I go onto Facebook. It will let me play my games on there for about 15 minutes to half an hour and then it will shut down the browser. I was wondering if there was any updated information about why this is happening and if there is going to be a fix for it, cause I am finding it annoying that I have to always restart what I am doing in my games. I hope someone can help me with this please.
    05-25-12 10:41 AM
    my pb broswer has only randomly closed a handful of times since purchasing on boxing day 2011
    05-25-12 01:40 PM
    i recently reinstalled fb app and it tends to crash a couple times a week.
    Also have major slow down with sites open with flash. the whole pb just slows down.
    i still get some lag with typing which is frustrating and the little selection arrows/marker tend to jump all over the place when i want to edit text.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-27-12 10:19 AM
404 ... 14151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD