View Poll Results: Does Your Browser Crash and How Often?

Voters
937. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have never experienced any browser crashing problems.

123 13.13%
  • Browser crashes occasionally, but this hasn't bothered me much.

288 30.74%
  • Browser crashes often (e.g a few times a week). More frequently under OS 2.0 than before.

235 25.08%
  • Browser crashes often (e.g a few times a week). Less frequently under OS 2.0 than before.

56 5.98%
  • Browser crashes daily. More frequently under OS 2.0.

217 23.16%
  • Browser crashes daily. Less frequently under OS 2.0.

18 1.92%
    Btw, just tested to see if it's a cross-platform issue. The above site works fine on my HP Touchpad and my Android phone (Dolphin HD).
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-29-12 at 02:30 PM.
    03-29-12 02:27 PM
    My browser crashes when i multi tab browse. I usually scan the page, crack-forums for instance, and open multiple browser tabs before reading them all. Annoying but i just hope they fix it before BB10 comes out, I love multi tab browsing and nothing seems to replace desktop browsing.
    03-29-12 04:04 PM
    Can the folks who reported zero crashes try the Evry - EVRY site (see 2 posts above)?

If your PB browser doesn't crash, then there may possibly be some differences in HW/SW.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-29-12 at 09:09 PM.
    03-29-12 09:05 PM
    Can the folks who reported zero crashes try the Evry - EVRY site (see 2 posts above)?

If your PB browser doesn't crash, then there may possibly be some differences in HW/SW.

Thanks.
    Interesting. I just went there and it didn't crash.
    03-29-12 09:59 PM
    Interesting. I just went there and it didn't crash.
    Did you follow the steps described? It crashed on mine.
    03-29-12 10:03 PM
    Here's the snapshot.
    So you did not follow the steps below. I get that screen just fine too.

go to: Evry - EVRY
    on the left side there is a fly-out menu "Business Insight" - choose any of the items on that menu and see what happens... it works on all desktop browsers I have tried, and also on all BB phone browsers I have tried (OS6, OS7 & OS 7.1) .. but it crashes the browser on my PB every single time...
    03-29-12 10:09 PM
    So you did not follow the steps below. I get that screen just fine too.

go to: Evry - EVRY
    on the left side there is a fly-out menu "Business Insight" - choose any of the items on that menu and see what happens... it works on all desktop browsers I have tried, and also on all BB phone browsers I have tried (OS6, OS7 & OS 7.1) .. but it crashes the browser on my PB every single time...
    You're right. It did crash. Sorry for the wrong info. Well this is now the 2nd time my browser has crashed since I've owned it.
    03-29-12 10:12 PM
    i also get the crash every time on the xda forums,my laptop firefox doesnt and my droid phone doesnt,simple browser works beter,its slow on xda forums but doesnt crash,i can sense when it will crash,it seems to get slow and slow to respond just before it crashes,i hope they fix this prob,never did it before,i like simple browser but i like the native one beter
    03-29-12 10:19 PM
    Looks like there might be 2 issues at bay. The random crashes and the site specific crashes.
    03-29-12 10:27 PM
    Looks like there might be 2 issues at bay. The random crashes and the site specific crashes.

Well, site specific crashes would indicate there is something wrong with the site itself. If not for the fact that some of them seem to be PB browser specific. Again, the evry.com site loads OK on all other browsers I've tried (webOS, Android, Firefox/Desktop).
    03-29-12 10:55 PM
    My wife and I have identical PBs with 16GB, bought in the fall. Both upgraded to 2.0. Neither one has any sideloaded apps or anything other than stock apps off the BB App Store.

Her PB crashes dozens of times per day in a row, e.g. accessing TheStar.com (news site), then is fine for hours. It was not an issue before 2.0. By crash I mean it just closes and disappears off the screen.

Mine hardly ever crashes.

She is very frustrated and is talking about getting an iPad.

Anyone know the RIM Help no.?

TIA.
    03-30-12 07:09 PM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    Email: [email protected]
    03-30-12 07:44 PM
    Mine crashes quite often. Sometimes it's related to opening multiple tabs. For example, you perform a search on e-Bay, and then click and hold on an item, select open link in a new tab. If I repeat this process a few times, it will crash.

I made sure I had no other programs running which may be consuming memory. Once I attempted to open as many tabs as possible. I made it all the way up to about 25, and then I received a message that the PB had insufficient memory to continue but it did not crash. I simply closed a few links and continued.

Sometimes it will just be one open tab and it crashes to the desktop.
    04-01-12 10:19 AM
    My PB def hates xda. I guess it thinks it is going to get modded or hacked or something...
    04-01-12 02:17 PM
    My PB def hates xda. I guess it thinks it is going to get modded or hacked or something...
    Yes XDA is a pain on the PB :-(
    read somewhere that RIM is to refocus to enterprise and give up consumer market
    what could that mean for the PB's support and futur update ?
    04-02-12 04:03 AM
    Mine crashes everytime! When I open facebook everytime! When I open gmail account, it shows nothing! I am not sure why is this doing so! A facebook page is more than 1 gb that it can't load? Or are there other backgropund processes running? Downlaoding the messages? Then why when I open the message inbox it takes forever to load. I am highly dissatisfied with playbook.

It was performing well in the intial days. Now everyday it is getting slower!
    04-02-12 02:24 PM
    Mine crashes everytime! When I open facebook everytime! When I open gmail account, it shows nothing! I am not sure why is this doing so! A facebook page is more than 1 gb that it can't load? Or are there other backgropund processes running? Downlaoding the messages? Then why when I open the message inbox it takes forever to load. I am highly dissatisfied with playbook.

This is either complete trolling as a first post or you sincerely have an issue. If it's true then you have a messed up playbook or your router is not working well.

You need to perform a security wipe. I'll will completely reset your PlayBook to factory settings so backup anything important to your computer. This should fix most if not all of your problems.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-12 02:29 PM

What Joevex said. Also gmail takes you to the mobile page. Scroll down on the left side and choose html.
    04-02-12 03:51 PM
    So far I haven't seen much of an issue with the browser, but there is one website specifically that always crashes. I would appreciated if you guys try it out and let me know if it crashes too. The website is from a sport magazine from Spain (I'm not sure if this could be impacting), MARCA.com.

Can you please try it out and let me know?
    kennyliu likes this.
    04-02-12 07:17 PM
    So far I haven't seen much of an issue with the browser, but there is one website specifically that always crashes. I would appreciated if you guys try it out and let me know if it crashes too. The website is from a sport magazine from Spain (I'm not sure if this could be impacting), MARCA.com.

Can you please try it out and let me know?
    Went there loaded most of it and poof. Cleared everything and turned off images, flash and java script. Went back no poof. Enabled images and no poof. Enabled flash and no poof. Enabled java script and it locked me and had to do a hard reset.
    kennyliu likes this.
    04-02-12 08:30 PM
    ^^^ Thank you guys. I will report the site on the Beta Zone.
    04-02-12 09:19 PM
    Thank you for have taken the time to test it and do a little research about the issue. We now have a starting point which could help a lot of user to visit those websites whereas the browser crashes.

Thank you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using crackberry forum app
    04-02-12 09:20 PM
    Potentially good news for all of you out there. Here is what John, Blackberry Playbook Project Manager, posted in the Beta Zone:

"Howdy,

I'm silently testing each of these websites (as you post them) on our in-development code, and I'm logging the ones that are still broken with the development team. Some, like the evry.com issue, seem to work well on newer software.

We're working to get a software update out to you soon!

John"
    04-02-12 09:27 PM
    My browser crashes most frequently when trying to post to mye28.com. Of course, I spend most of my time on that site, so it may stand to reason. When my browser crashes, I lose the active tab, but the others are generally recovered. I do tend to leave a browser session open continuously for days at a time with the same websites loaded. I wonder if that has any impact on the frequency of browser crashes. I would say that I experience a browser crash once or twice per week.
    04-02-12 10:04 PM
    Yes XDA is a pain on the PB :-(
    read somewhere that RIM is to refocus to enterprise and give up consumer market
    what could that mean for the PB's support and futur update ?
    man... is this still going on? especially here?

that is FALSE!!! The media just didnt bother LISTENING to what RIM was saying and then didnt bother to CONFIRM what they were printing.
    04-03-12 01:01 AM
404 ... 1314151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD