I use a bluetooth connection to pair my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (Model H3S-00003) to my two Playbooks.

IN MY ORIGINAL POST, I stated that I couldn't use the Playbook's internal keyboard when I used my bluetooth mouse.

I was wrong. Altho the keyboard doesn't come up automatically, I can activate it by either: (1) Swiping up diagonally from the lower left corner; or (2) Directing the mouse pointer to the lower left corner until the keyboard icon displays, then activating the keyboard.

Sorry for the initially incorrect information.
    Last edited by ubeda92; 12-24-13 at 04:43 AM.
    12-23-13 12:02 AM
    I believe Bridge is the culprit.

When you Bridge, the PlayBook expects to use the device's touchscreen/trackpad to guide the pointer and the keyboard to type stuff.

When you pair your mouse, the PlayBook thinks it is Bridged and doesn't automatically call for the built-in keyboard.
    12-23-13 12:10 AM
    diegonei:

Thanks for your explanation.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-23-13 04:29 AM
    that explains why the book wont respond when using the blackberry keyboard as well. I figured that was what it was doing.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-23-13 07:42 AM
    Have you tried swiping diagonally up from the bottom left corner? That should bring up the on-screen keybaord even if it doesn't come up automatically. Don't recall having an issue with using a mouse and no keyboard.
    12-23-13 05:31 PM
    i can bring up the playbooks' keyboard using bt keyboard, swipe or bridged phone...
    12-23-13 06:25 PM
    Have you tried swiping diagonally up from the bottom left corner? That should bring up the on-screen keybaord even if it doesn't come up automatically..
    I stand corrected. That diagonal swipe brought up the keyboard, even with the bluetooth mouse engaged.
    Thanks for setting me straight.
    12-24-13 04:33 AM
    i can bring up the playbooks' keyboard using bt keyboard, swipe or bridged phone...
    I was incorrect. I'm able to bring up the playbook's keyboard using the bt mouse as well as swiping.
    Thanks.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-24-13 04:34 AM
    diegonei:

I was wrong about not being able to access the PB's keyboard when using my BT mouse.

Sorry.
    12-24-13 04:40 AM
    Dominic H:

I was wrong about not being able to access the PB's keyboard when using my BT mouse.

Sorry.
    12-24-13 04:41 AM
    I was incorrect. I'm able to bring up the playbook's keyboard using the bt mouse as well as swiping.
    Thanks.
    yw,,, anytime,,, no apologies needed,,, even i'm incorrect from time to time...
    diegonei likes this.
    12-24-13 08:58 AM
    diegonei:

Sorry.
    And I should have mentioned that the swipe gesture to invoke the keyboard would still work (as well as placing the mouse on the bottom left corner and clicking).

I'm getting old I guess.
    12-25-13 12:03 AM
    I found you could bring the keyboard up with the swipe but it wouldn't accept any input.
    12-26-13 09:12 PM