I already read this old thread.

I've tried various proxies from USA in order to download the missing RIM Podcast app (I'm in UK). Even tried the one Canadian proxy I could find on HideMyAss. In every case I got the message saying my software was up to date, or else "There was an error trying to connect to the update server."

Has this loophole been closed now, or is it worth persisting? I already have update 1753 if that makes any difference. As far as I understand it should not..
    09-12-13 08:41 AM
    I already read this old thread.

I've tried various proxies from USA in order to download the missing RIM Podcast app (I'm in UK). Even tried the one Canadian proxy I could find on HideMyAss. In every case I got the message saying my software was up to date, or else "There was an error trying to connect to the update server."

Has this loophole been closed now, or is it worth persisting? I already have update 1753 if that makes any difference. As far as I understand it should not..
    I sideloaded it in previous versions, although after a wipe a couple of months back, I didn't reinstate it (although I'd setup several feeds, I wasn't actually listening to much stuff on it).

On my 2nd PlayBook, when I installed the leak, I also sideloaded it again (as I was sideloaded video chat and youtube, as they weren't included in the leak), so if you take a look at the leak thread, somebody posted links to all the app bars from .1526 build.

You never know - somebody might be good enough to post the bar for the podcasts app from the .1753 build (that said, I doubt it's changed since .1526).
    Ayrton5 likes this.
    09-12-13 09:15 AM