Is it possible that screen protectors reduce screen responsiveness?
    07-17-12 03:38 PM
    No it doesn't. That said not all screen protectors use the same material, so it's not a guarantee that none of them will. The thin, hard, clear ones do not though.
    Matt J likes this.
    07-17-12 03:54 PM
    There's a brief break in period with Zagg Invisible Shield. For the first few days, it's a little sticky. But after some use and a few days, it's as if there's nothing there.
    07-17-12 04:23 PM
    I've never been able to figure it out for sure but I think my hip street does...
    07-17-12 04:35 PM
    What Papped said. With a BSE on my Torch, the touchscreen acted slightly numb and forced me to occasionally repeat gestures. BSE and Zagg use similar materials for their protectors, with Zagg being the thicker of the two. MyBat protectors (of the "thin, hard, clear" variety) cause no sensitivity problems on my Torch or my PlayBook.
    07-17-12 04:44 PM
    My Greatshield hard film style is great.
    07-17-12 05:24 PM
    I had a Zagg on my pb and was convinced there was no difference in responsiveness...until I took it off. Won't be putting one on again, but to each his own.
    07-17-12 05:28 PM
    We use Zaggs on all of ours and I haven't noticed a reduction in responsiveness or sensitivity.
    07-17-12 06:05 PM
    There is small loss of sensitivity when using screen protectors. It's hardly noticeable.We use Great Shield on PBs and AT&T screen protectors on our 9800s. No sensitivity problems here and they do the job.
    07-17-12 07:46 PM
    I have a WRAPSOL screen protector on my playbook and I used to have a zagg on another.

I dont think there's a difference ins response, but the fingers swipes more gentle and easy on the wrapsol and natural glass than on zagg. zagg is thicker and has more friction. Its a matter of getting used to.

I do notice a difference in performance when it comes to stylus with comando screens and with screen protectors.
    07-17-12 07:53 PM
    I have the 3m privacy screen so I can work without people reading my screen. I noticed a slight reduction in sensitivity but I found it to sensitive before the filter so it worked out good for me.
    07-17-12 08:42 PM
    I generally use trojan - and I notice no real loss of sensitivity...........

as for my playbook - we haven't been that itimate yet.........

07-17-12 08:46 PM
    I use a cheap screen protector that I got off ebay for a buck. (Both for my BB Torch 9810 and for my playbook) They both work great with the screen protector. No noticeable loss in sensitivity, though there is an initial stickiness to it which went away after a few days of use.
    07-17-12 08:50 PM
    I use zagg and have had it on for 6 months. I agree with previous post, it does take a few days to settle but after that it's like it's not even there.
    07-17-12 11:45 PM
    No not at all... Rubbish..!!! Screen protector is a good protection.. The time i bought my PB, i bought a screen protector asap. Plus the ballistic hard case..
    07-18-12 12:47 AM
    For $1.75 I got a 3-pack of these... Neewer Neewer 3pcs Clear Screen Protector Guard w/ Cleaning Cloth for Blackberry Playbook: Amazon.ca: Electronics
    Came to Canada in 11 business days.

Besides difficult application it works great, better than the protector film that came with the PB, and seems as good at responsiveness and better at movements (very very smooth to slide your fingers on) than the straight PB.

To apply it you have to use a cloth that doesn't keep dust on it, so you may have to shake it out after getting each piece of dust and make sure there isn't the smallest fleck anywhere, which isn't the easiest.
    The camera hole doesn't line up, but that doesn't affect the camera anyway, I didn't bother punching out the circle for it.
    Last edited by jrarrmy; 07-20-12 at 01:16 PM. Reason: additional info
    07-20-12 01:15 PM
    I have the 3m privacy screen so I can work without people reading my screen. I noticed a slight reduction in sensitivity but I found it to sensitive before the filter so it worked out good for me.
    We're on the same boat
    07-20-12 02:04 PM