Do the "unknown" specifications of the rumoured low end R10 phone offer the chance for a Blackberry 10 OS on our playbooks?

If the R10 will have less base memory (1GB) it could be a chance for Blackberry 10 on the playbook. If not a don't think it will happen!
    04-15-13 09:02 AM
    Do the "unknown" specifications of the rumoured low end R10 phone offer the chance for a Blackberry 10 OS on our playbooks?

If the R10 will have less base memory (1GB) it could be a chance for Blackberry 10 on the playbook. If not a don't think it will happen!
    BB have stated their intention to follow the Z10 and Q10 with low end handsets and this does make good business sense. The problem is that most low end users have bbs for bbm use because through BIS its virtually free. Will the low end handsets retain the use of BIS in which case if they do it will be a complete injustice to the high end users.
    04-15-13 09:19 AM
    Take out Hub and BlackBerry 10 will work great on the PlayBook, The OS plus Hub leaves about 325 MB of RAM for the user, remove Hub and it should be quite a bit higher.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:41 AM
    Honestly if you have ever used a dev alpha A or B device, the 1g of ram was OK, but didnt offer users with the same feeling that 2g does. If they want to skim out on stuff, ram would be a bad place to start. Try offering the R10 with like 8g of storage with the option to expand by memory card and people will be happy. Also, use "plastic" and lots of it for the phone, a R10 does not need a stainless steel body like a high end Q10. But thats my opinion, i am a student not the CEO of a cellphone company, so we will see what happens
    04-15-13 10:18 AM
    Honestly if you have ever used a dev alpha A or B device, the 1g of ram was OK, but didnt offer users with the same feeling that 2g does. If they want to skim out on stuff, ram would be a bad place to start. Try offering the R10 with like 8g of storage with the option to expand by memory card and people will be happy. Also, use "plastic" and lots of it for the phone, a R10 does not need a stainless steel body like a high end Q10. But thats my opinion, i am a student not the CEO of a cellphone company, so we will see what happens
    I've had an original Dev Alpha so I know what you mean, it's an acceptable user experience if they can optimize it and take out Hub

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:55 AM
    The hub just doesn't make sense for the Playbook anyway. The PlayBook's hub will likely stay just like it is. A stand alone message's app that you can launch when you need to.
    04-16-13 01:49 PM