A slightly different question...

Due to my girlfriend losing her job, we've been doing the economising thing and I've dropped from my contract+BIS to a pay as you go "feature" phone to save £25 per month.

The question is - if I use my 'berry as a dumbphone with no BIS plan, can I still bridge and use the data that is allocated on my payg credit? If anyone has any experience or an answer that would be ace.

It would be cool if so, if only so I can enjoy 2.0 when released without her thinking that I'm spending money that I said I wasn't going to ;-)

Cheers, all.
    01-23-12 07:30 AM
    You can enable internet tethering on the playbook.
    So you do not need a BIS.
    Barljo likes this.
    01-23-12 09:35 AM
    As I understand, "internet tethering" allows you to connect by bluetooth to share your phone's internet connection.

If your phone doesn't have an internet connection, your playbook wouldn't get to the internet by tethering to a phone.
    Barljo likes this.
    01-23-12 10:31 AM
    Okey dokey - thanks for coming back on that one. Sounds good to me- I'll get my old 9800 fired up next week and see how it performs.

As I understand, "internet tethering" allows you to connect by bluetooth to share your phone's internet connection.

If your phone doesn't have an internet connection, your playbook wouldn't get to the internet by tethering to a phone.
    I'll still have a 3G data connection, just not a BIS connection, so I should be OK. Watch this space for findings!

Thanks all!
    01-23-12 11:04 AM
    I was in a rural area over the weekend and didn't have BIS service. Without BIS the Playbook was not getting the internet. Thinking along the same lines as you, I turned the hotspot feature of the 9900 and was able to get internet on the PlayBook.
    01-23-12 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD