Does the Playbook play .mkv video files?

The playbook has a sample hi-def video clip. What extension is it?
    04-20-11 03:11 PM
    I have a similar questions. I used Desktop manager to sync over a bunch of .m4v files from itunes library. Synced them over no problem. Shows them in video but says "unsupported format" when I got play to any of them.

So what file type will the PB play so I can covert them?
    04-20-11 03:28 PM
    The supported media files are listed at http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...English%29.pdf .

For media files the file extension doesn't mean much. It indicates what container format is used, but almost all containers can hold different video and audio codecs. You have to have a supported codec inside a supported container for it to play.
    emalyth likes this.
    04-20-11 03:52 PM
    If only they let us plug in our external HDD for all the movies....
    04-20-11 03:54 PM
    No mkv at this time.
    04-20-11 04:58 PM
    Does the Playbook play .mkv video files?

The playbook has a sample hi-def video clip. What extension is it?
    Presently? No - but there is simple and easy way to get your MKV files playing on your PLayBook. I'm just putting together a quick step-by-step - will reply very soon.
    04-20-11 05:51 PM
    Did you forget about us? I would like to know how to put mkv files on my playbook
    05-19-11 08:55 AM
    Putting mkv files is easy, mount the pB as hard drive to a pc with BB device manager installed, but guess what? They won't play, hence convert the files to .mp4 ,h.264, or m4v via handbreak(its free) or similar video convertor!
    Last edited by MUGHALGXT; 05-19-11 at 10:04 AM.
    05-19-11 09:55 AM
    I agree with all of this, expect that you can use Handbrake for free rather than buy a converter.

Here is another trick: If you have a file manager app you will notice that when you tap an *.mp4 or *.m4v video file the file manager tries to open it in the music player. This is due to a bug in Adobe AIR. Change the extension of all of your video files to *.avi and then they will open in the video player app.
    mtnsrgr8 likes this.
    06-23-11 07:41 AM
    Also I see that FLAC isn't supported. Oh, well.
    06-23-11 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD