Ironically I have been away from BB for two years now due to their limited email client. I know it sounds ironic when most view their email as Blackberry's strength. I love how fast their push is, but I'd rather have folder management than push.

I am an inbox zero guy, and I sort my mail as it comes in. I need IMAP to do this. I have used 3rd party apps on BB to do this, but it just feels weird.

I am in the market for a new phone, and was planning on holding off for a BBX phone, as I was assuming IMAP support would be coming. But PB OS 1.0 did not have email period. So my question is does the PB OS 2.0 have IMAP support? It is hard to tell from the videos today, but it seems that it does not! Am I missing something?

~S

ps - I know you can hook up BB to an IMAP accont, but you don't get real IMAP support with folder management, etc. Even 'mark read' was broken for gmail for most people.
    02-22-12 02:29 PM
    You can set up your email account as IMAP on PlayBook os2.0
    With all the support of features of the application.
    02-22-12 02:31 PM
    Not sure what you mean on the Gmail front; my Torch 9800 manages Gmail beautifully and seamlessly through the BB mail client itself.

PB 2.0 definitely has provision to connect to IMAP, haven't had the chance to check overall folder management. Are you looking to create/delete/rename on the fly?
    02-22-12 02:32 PM
    Gmail seems to work for filing, no on yahoo. Not sure why
    02-22-12 02:38 PM
    Not sure what you mean on the Gmail front; my Torch 9800 manages Gmail beautifully and seamlessly through the BB mail client itself.

PB 2.0 definitely has provision to connect to IMAP, haven't had the chance to check overall folder management. Are you looking to create/delete/rename on the fly?
    Well on my 8900, 9700, and 9900, when I read something in gmail, it would not mark it read on BB... or maybe it was the other way around. Basically what I found is that it worked for some people but not others.

I don't even really need to create and delete folders, though that would be nice. But say I have a folders called 'work', 'kids', 'deals', etc. When I read a message in my inbox about my son's hockey tourney, I would like to move that message from inbox into the 'kids' folder. When I fire up my email program on computer, or go to gmail.com, that message should be in the 'kids' folder of my email. On BB phone the old way to do this, was use logicmail (logicmail.com). Can you do this on PB2.0?

I know you can 'get and read mail'. But can you move mail to IMAP folders?
    02-22-12 02:39 PM
    I haven't tried Gmail, but IMAP functionality is working perfectly for me Windows Live (Hotmail). I can move message into folders and they're in there when I open my email client (Windows Live Mail).
    02-22-12 02:49 PM
    Nice thanks!
    02-22-12 02:50 PM
    The IMAP support apparently does not include support for IMAP folders yet.

Also, from the looks of things IMAP and POP do not work through the bridge data connection, but only over WiFi.
    02-22-12 03:39 PM
    02-22-12 05:46 PM
    How about BES, is there OS2 support yet?
    02-22-12 06:01 PM
    The IMAP support apparently does not include support for IMAP folders yet.
    As soon as I figure out why I can't do a screen capture (did it go away in OS2?), I'll show you the IMAP folders I created for my Windows Live email. They are there and everything is syncing perfectly. Sent mail, folders, etc. I can put a message into a folder on my PlayBook, or laptop, and they both stay in sync. Messages read on PlayBook are marked read on laptop. If only my 9930 worked as well as the PlayBook.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 02-22-12 at 06:17 PM.
    02-22-12 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD