I'm about to pickup a 4G/LTE playbook for cheap but I have a couple questions.

Will it work with wind mobile (AWS)? And is there any apps that broadcast the data connection as a mobile hotspot?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 09:15 PM
    According to this

http://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_4g_...ybook-3846.php

It should work fine.

Wind needs bands 1700 and 2100 which this supports.

Keep in mind that you will not get LTE, because Wind does not have LTE available.

Also, make sure that's the actual models the other model does not support those bands.

No clue about apps. You might want to browse blackberry world on your PC before making the plunge.

Welcome... to the world of TOMORROW!
    06-14-14 10:34 PM
    You might have to input their APN setting in the Advanced section, I had to do that with Mobility and it works great. Just do a search for WIND mobile APN on Google in case it doesn't work after you put in the SIM and restart.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 06:05 AM
    Does it support any 2G networks? Not listed on gsmarena

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    06-25-14 09:41 PM
    It does not have hotspot capability.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 01:08 PM
    I couldn't get my PlayBook 4G LTE to work with Wind Mobile. It's unlocked and the rep and I tried 4 different sim cards and inputting the APN, restarting.

Anyone have any success or suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:36 PM
    I use my PB on Wind and just tether the PB through the phone. Wind has unlimited data but tethers after something like 5 gigs but for another $10 you can move the tethering to 10 gigs. I have been doing it this way for almost 2 years. In fact if not for Netflix that we subscribe to in lieu of cable for the bandwidth and speed we need we could just do with Wind and drop out Internet provider altogether. It may happen as I am finding alternative that will work on the PB and I can stream to the television through it.

It works great this way and I have no problems watching HD movies this way. I think only one time have I hit the 5 gig limit. With this method and as Wind does not block or charge (it is unlimited and free in I think all the plans or maybe all but the least expensive) like the competition I have not found a reason to go to a simple card that seemingly will not benefit in any way. I had thought of getting the LTB just in case at some point something happens to Wind but it seems to becoming less risky. There also seems to be 4G in the future under the pending sale.
    10-07-14 03:06 PM
    I'm with Rogers for my phone and have 6gb. I don't have Internet at home. I'm interested in getting Wind Mobile's Internet just for the PlayBook. I'd switch my phone to Wind if they had visual voicemail and supported NFC payments.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 03:25 PM