Hi,

I have a BlackBerry PlayBook, and I have found it to be less useful as the days go by. My local Walmart has some of the BlackBerry mini Keyboard cases. I was wondering if it makes sense to buy the case?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    02-28-14 08:59 AM
    I think the keyboard is a great asset to the PB
    GPWestjet likes this.
    02-28-14 09:21 AM
    For a decent price, I'd pick one of these up in a heartbeat! How much are they going for? And where are you located?
    GPWestjet likes this.
    02-28-14 10:47 AM
    If they're OEM cases and are a good price, pick em up and resell them lol

Posted via CB10
    alternator77 and GPWestjet like this.
    02-28-14 11:57 AM
    They work great I've had one for more then a year and haven't had any problems at all. I don't do a lot of typing with my playbook but when I do I use the keypad. One bonus is that the connection is bluetooth so it can be used remotely. I use Show Box all the time for the latest movies and shows and the mini HDMI cable to my tv. I don't have a long enough cable so now I use the track pad for a remote to control the playbook, works great and it seems to hold a charge forever. Well worth buying.
    GPWestjet likes this.
    02-28-14 02:34 PM
    I have a lot of work to do for school amd it allows me to log patient info on the go as well as charting. Not to mention writing papers and web browsing etc.
    A welcome addition indeed go for it and like someone else said resell them lol!

Posted via CB10
    GPWestjet likes this.
    02-28-14 03:11 PM
    For a decent price, I'd pick one of these up in a heartbeat! How much are they going for? And where are you located?
    From what I remember I think $89, or something around that.
    KDB84 likes this.
    02-28-14 03:53 PM
    Thank You everyone for the responses. I do have one more question:

Does the keyboard case work with other devices? Just like every other Bluetooth keyboard?

Thanks in advance.
    02-28-14 06:28 PM
    I used mine for a while. But now I rarely need it. Then again, I also haven't been using my PB's nearly as much as I use to either.
    02-28-14 06:48 PM

Does the keyboard case work with other devices? Just like every other Bluetooth keyboard?

Thanks in advance.
    Although I haven't tried it -I've heard others say that it does. Some even use it with their BB10's.
    GPWestjet likes this.
    02-28-14 06:49 PM

Thanks in advance.
    I have found the BlackBerry Leather Case with Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard indispensable for use when participating in training delivered via the Internet, software development via SSH session to GNU/Linux virtual servers / workstations at the command-line using screen, vi/vim, and other tools including an application which I developed to simplify software development and deployment for GitHub and Heroku.

There are plenty of cloud-based applications which are useful only with the physical keyboard. My only complaints about the BlackBerry are the non-replaceable battery, the keys are not as well-suited for typing compared to my antiquated IBM ThinkPad 755CE, but most annoying the ESCAPE key is not recognised by BBSSH Pro...I have to touch the screen to activate the application built-jn special control keys. Not certain whether this is a keyboard issue or an application issue.

In summary, the BlackBerry Leather Case with Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard is indispensable.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    GPWestjet likes this.
    02-28-14 10:10 PM
    I've long wanted one of the OEM keyboard cases, but they seemed to me to have been produced in a very limited run and now are darn near impossible to get. So color me very surprised that they turned up at Wall-Mart, considering the PB itself has essentially been dead for at least six months.

I would not hesitate to buy one. In fact, I have a rule about not shopping at Wall-Mart, but you are making me curious enough that I might considering dropping into my local store.
    02-28-14 10:46 PM
    You're going to hate me but I have noticed that add ons make the PlayBook less comfortable and it can slow down your ability to type. The leather case is fine but the keyboard runs it into a laptop and makes it less useful. This is just my opinion but if the keyboard is on sale buy it cause you might not see it again.
    03-02-14 07:10 AM
    [QUOTE=GPWestjet;10064294]Hi,

I have a BlackBerry PlayBook, and I have found it to be less useful as the days go by. My local Walmart has some of the BlackBerry mini Keyboard cases. I was wondering if it makes sense to buy the case?

I have a nice BB keyboard and much prefer using it if producing word doc. But Im not sure this would help you just judging by your question. WhaT are you trying to improve on? I never use my keyboard for browsing as it is much nice with just the tablet and Orgami.
    03-02-14 01:01 PM
    My PB died, but I am able to pair the keyboard with my iPad, Z10 and a couple of other Android tablets and still use it on occasion when I'm on the road and did not bring my laptop. The trackpad works on some of them that support it. I am thinking of reselling it as there is probably a cheaper BT keyboard out there since I have no use for the case anymore, but it is certainly a versatile keyboard.
    03-04-14 01:35 PM
    Hi do u still have it the keyboard
    03-15-15 04:27 AM
    I have a Bluetooth keyboard that I will occasionally pair with the PlayBook. It works well enough but it isn't something I would want to carry around all the time by including it in the case.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 09:56 AM