Hi all

Still coming to grips with my new Playbook - now I can actually connect it to my Mac, I love it!
    However - I want to play some video for my son on a LOOOONG plane trip (UK - Oz) in a few weeks, and want to load some vids to it.
    I've managed to get some songs purchased from iTunes across, and I understand that video is a wHOLE other matter.
    So - a - can I load iTunes onto my playbook?
    if not - b - where do I purchase stuff to play on it? I've looked at 7 Digital, but can't locate any video content...

Many thanks all

Fliss
    01-04-12 01:00 PM
    You can copy movies to the BlackBerry PlayBook using WiFi or a SAMBA share. But you must convert, if necessary, the movies to a format understood by the video player (MP4, AVI, etc.). There is an iTunes application in BlackBerry App World for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    01-04-12 01:15 PM
    You cannot load itunes on the playbook. I download videos to PC and copy videos from my PC to it.
    01-04-12 01:19 PM
    You can copy movies to the BlackBerry PlayBook using WiFi or a SAMBA share. But you must convert, if necessary, the movies to a format understood by the video player (MP4, AVI, etc.). There is an iTunes application in BlackBerry App World for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Is it itunes sync that you are talking about ?
    01-04-12 01:21 PM
    Is it itunes sync that you are talking about ?
    I didn't know there was an iTunes Sync. I've searched on App World, but nothing came up.
    01-04-12 01:22 PM
    What OS do you have on your playbook ?
    01-04-12 01:25 PM
    I looked at itunes sync in AppWorld. The description only refers to music. It doesn't mention videos. It has a lot of positive reviews but didn't see any of them referring to using it for videos.

I simply drag and drop my videos from the folder on my laptop onto my PlayBook video folder using the windows explorer. Quite simple. I guess you do have to find your videos on your puter first but whether its a windows or apple computer, it shouldnt be too hard to find the folder using the usual search functions.
    01-04-12 01:51 PM
    DRM free music and video from iTunes will work. DRM protected, which most movies are, will not. You can rip DVD's with Handbrake and copy the ripped files to the Playbooks video folder and watch them. This is what I do.
    01-04-12 03:52 PM
    If you do just copy them from your PC, note that file transfer speed is at a minimum when you're using WiFi and the PlayBook is in standby. For improved speeds, either put it on Keep Awake (using one of the handful of apps that allow that) or maximize the timeout and keep tapping every five minutes to keep it awake manually. For a much bigger improvement, use USB instead of WiFi (but still keep it awake).

Also, doesn't help the OP with his timeline, but RIM's promised a "new video store" in the 2.0 release, for whatever that's worth...
    01-04-12 03:55 PM
    Thanks to all for your help. I have actually managed to find the videos I wanted FOR FREE on YouTube and download them via a Firefox add-on (info I found on the forums), and then transfer them across to the PB. Sorted, and free - many thanks again
    01-05-12 05:02 AM
    Hi, i have just downloaded Sync My I Tunes at blackberry playbook. It's working good. I suggest you to use this. It is new app at blackberry playbook for synching I tunes from your computer to Playbook. it sync videos as well as music.

For your help i am giving its link below.

Buy Sync My iTunes - Download Sync My iTunes - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Hmmmmmmm. It's ok to recommend an app even if you're the developer of the app. But if you're going to recommend an app you developed, at least identify yourself as the developer- don't pass yourself off as some disinterested third party. Now, why do I say you're the developer- you've posted a total of 18 times on Crackberry, and in these posts you recommended four different apps. These four apps all have the same publisher. Is that pure coincidence? I don't think so.

edit- nevermind- seems someone pulled the post I responded to.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 09-13-12 at 10:25 AM.
    09-13-12 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD