I know lots of iPad users.
    i know one Samsung Tab user.
    I know 2 Xoom users.

But apart from myself, i dont know anyone who owns a Playbook.

I love the feeling when Im using my PB in college cafeteria and someone comes and asks if my tab is an android and I have to explain its a Blackberry Playbbok. Showing her off a little.

A couple of months ago a carrier offer really good deals for college students for blackberry... so pretty much 80% of my friends are Bb users.... and almost none of them have ever heard about Playbook or about Bridge.

Nice too feel special. Although my Ipad friends often show off their apps ...
    09-10-11 05:28 PM
    yea just show them how u can move around files and how u dont need a separate data plan to browse...download something from the internet or even upload a pic to fb using the browser... thi tablet is awsome ive already sold 2 people on this tablet and 1 was a ipad 2 user
    09-10-11 06:13 PM
    OMG.....all the time lol.

Everyone asks....."Whats that?...a ipad?"

Then i proceed to let them play with it and its always funny because i'll watch them enter a app, then i'll ask if they can get back to the home screen....they never can lol. Then they finally give up and i show them and they just sit there and look amazed. I literally have not had one person say they werent impressed by it. most people love the swiping gestured once they actually learn how to do them.
    09-10-11 07:43 PM
    yeah... been asked too " where is the home button?" lol.

i usually let them play a bit of nfs...

my dad loves playing with it even thou he never supported my purchase...
    09-10-11 10:21 PM
    I totally feel you. It's really fun to see the faces of my friends and people I meet who have never seen a Playbook, when I have like 5 different applications going including video and gaming and I'm using the full range of bezel gestures, going back and forth between programs and browsing the internet. They think its like an ipad from the future.
    ilker-uk likes this.
    09-10-11 11:24 PM
    yup! same here. Never saw a single Playbook yet. even though am in uni, but iPads are all over and those funny androids.

People with android tabs seem to make most use of their tabs though, including presentations(as one of the lecturer does). iPad ppl are just playing their games and never really useful drawing apps(worth to note am in a design uni) aside from the bamboo app and pen by wacom but none has that.

haha yeah the "how do u go back?" and the "how do you turn it on?" questions are hilarious, they r usually wowed by just swiping it to wake up lol. and then go back to their tabs and try to swipe LoL

But when iPad comes around with its counter-attack of iOS5 it wont be much different but the playbook gestures will still be superior because it actually has a touch bezel and you dont need to throw ridiculous FOUR fingers around to swap apps(ffs its a tablet 10in at that you hold with two hands not a laptop touchpad) to recognize a normal swipe from a switch app swipe.
    09-10-11 11:50 PM
    All i see around me is ipad and android tablet. I'm loving my playbook not bulky, easy to carry. Has a great skin resolution. I gave it a shot and it's worth it.
    KQ9 likes this.
    09-10-11 11:53 PM
    I do hate when they call it "an iPad".... happened like 5 times now...

"can i see your ipad?"
    "do you have angry birds in your iPad?"
    " is it an ipad.."

etc..
    09-11-11 12:02 AM
    I haven't seen any PlayBook's out in public but then again surprisingly I haven't seen any Tablets either just a few iPad's.

I've been ask many times if...

"It's the new iPad?"

"Why did I choose it over the iPad?"

Size/Portability & OS/UI.

I even had one iPad user lie to me, when I showed him the Swipe-from-the-Top gesture while playing a Video saying that the iPad can also do it? LOL He then went on about how amazing iOS 5 is going to be.

The strangest was, "if I can make Calls with it?" It was interesting because the night before I learned about and downloaded the ComWave app.

Except for that Apple fanboy, the rest have been impressed. They really love the 7" Size/Portability.
    09-11-11 12:29 AM
    Here is how the scenario usually plays out for me...

Person: What's that?
    Me: It's a BlackBerry
    Person: *very confused look* A BlackBerry!? That's not a phone.
    Me: No, it's a BlackBerry Playbook...a tablet...computer..
    Person: Ohhhhh... so it's like an iPad?
    Me: *minor eye rollage* No. It is a tablet like the iPad, but it really is not "like an iPad."
    Person: So, it's like an iPad .... from BlackBerry.
    Me: Sure.

Then they usally watch me using it and say.... "Where are the buttons?"

Me: Well the power button and volume controls are on top... other than that there are no buttons.
    Person: So how do you get to the homescreen?

...at this point, the hook has been set... and I usually give them a good show and tell. They may not by one, but everyone is impressed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sf18443; 09-11-11 at 02:28 AM.
    togardergrosse and Jake2826 like this.
    09-11-11 02:24 AM
    Happens to me a lot! LOL
    At my office, I'm the only one who have it. (but I also have Galaxy Tab 7" though).
    Around 30+ people have the iPad 1st gen, 10+ with the iPad 2, few Dell Streak users (if it count as a tablet).
    Common question about it usually the same, but one thing bothers me when someone asked. "Wow, nice sticker u put there on your Galaxy Tab!". And I was like, WTF, this is 'real' not a sticker!
    It seems he was pointing to the BlackBerry logo at the back and thinking I put that on my Galaxy Tab.
    09-11-11 02:36 AM
    hahaha nice sticker!

yes true, its amazing how shallow people can be and call any tablet out there an "ipad" !
    09-11-11 03:22 AM
    theres a few people where i work who are into their tech so theyve had a full run down... The rest just get a "yes its a small ipad made by rim"... even then you still have to explain who rim are.

it goes back to the whole point about rims advertising, its next to none existent here in the uk. After the playbook release i saw 3 adverts on the tv (UK) about a month after launch. Same with the new os7 phones, ive not seen a single advert, even though ive been actively going through phone websites trying to find a good deal on a new bold (contract ends soon )

Overall though ive not seen that many tablets in the wild. One of my workmates brought hers into the office because it had bricked and wanted me to fix it (gotta love being the office geek who people turn to). Luckily the reset is still the same as the old iphones, hold the buttons in and chant the "ode to steve" 7 times. A mate of mine also has a galaxy tab (got it in the week before they got pulled from sale). Must admit i do prefer the galaxy to the ipad, but still think the playbook wins overall. Then again i would... because im a converted blackberry fanboy these days
    09-11-11 03:46 AM
    I totally feel you. It's really fun to see the faces of my friends and people I meet who have never seen a Playbook, when I have like 5 different applications going including video and gaming and I'm using the full range of bezel gestures, going back and forth between programs and browsing the internet. They think its like an ipad from the future.
    +1 same here
    09-11-11 06:08 AM
    I don't think my Playbook has seen the light of day since I bought it. I'd like to show it off but I can't think of anything particularly unique that makes it any better than other tablets.

Having switched from a BB phone to an Android phone, I can't help but think an Android tablet has more potential...
    rvision likes this.
    09-11-11 06:12 AM
    Qnx new compare to Android but Android still not as Fluid as Qnx Maybe because of the memory management cos it works like Windows vista fills up all available memory by opening apps itself!...0
    has more Developers working on etc. etc.
    Not a big Problem We dont have Lifetime Contract with RIM, If they decide to not listen what we want they can pay the price
    Last edited by ilker-uk; 09-11-11 at 06:21 AM.
    09-11-11 06:19 AM
    Qnx new compare to Android but Android still not as Fluid as Qnx Maybe because of the memory management cos it works like Windows vista fills up all available memory by opening apps itself!...
    has more Developers working on etc. etc.
    Android's tablet OS is relatively young, just as QNX is. I'm looking forward to see what kind of progress they can both make.

Not a big Problem We dont have Lifetime Contract with RIM, If they decide to not listen what we want they can pay the price
    I've been making that argument lately. I used to defend RIM with their BlackBerries (phones/tablet) in the past. But the more I see/use other devices, the less I find myself able to defend RIM. But it seems if you make any kind of negative comment about RIM around here (specifically the Playbook), people jump on you. It would be nice if RIM gave us something that made actual competition.
    Last edited by X04D00; 09-11-11 at 06:26 AM.
    09-11-11 06:22 AM
    almost 4 years how about Qnx on pb is it 4 months?
    Last edited by ilker-uk; 09-11-11 at 08:40 AM.
    09-11-11 06:33 AM
    almost 4 years how about Qnx is it 4 months?
    Android Tablets have been around for about a year. The Android OS itself, in it's earliest form, has been around for three years.

QNX? 29 years.

I have a lot of expectations for QNX, but I'd like to see something happen soon that's truly different.
    09-11-11 06:44 AM
    wow now you make me feel bad
    Rim takes lots of criticism lately about being too slow in every aspect as you know their shares not going in right way :/
    lets wait and see
    09-11-11 08:39 AM
    QNX may be that old but RIM's version of QNX for a tablet is still very much a baby.
    09-11-11 08:55 AM
    Today i was asked if because of the size.. my PB was a Kindle?
    whats wrong with people!!
    09-13-11 07:11 PM
    I was visiting Pittsburgh this weekend. My friend's husband works at Carnegie Mellon Univ. as a website designer.. He was telling me all about the iPad2 he was given...and then hooked it up to his TV.. with his adapter..

I said, doesn't it suck not to see movies in 1080...

He argued with me about the iPad2's capabilities.. Then I showed him the playbook, and hooked it up to his TV without an adapter and showed him the Playbook's capability..

It did shut him up...
    09-13-11 08:33 PM
    I'm picking up an ipad 2 for the owner of the company tomorrow. I was going to say hey, why don't i get you a playbook, but then realized he would get fustrated with the freezing browser/wifi issues and wouldn't be able to buy movies easily or be able to download alot of apps for his kids.

Too bad.. the playbook could be so good, but its failing. He is using my ""old" 9900 though after i tested it for 3 weeks to make sure their weren't any issues.
    09-13-11 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD