I bought a 16g playbook for $199, and then my wife said she would like one too, but by that time it was hard to find a discounted one. I finally found one at The Source in Canada, but had to take a 32g one for $299, as it was the only one left. I then learned yesterday that a local supplier had Toshiba Thrive 7's in stock, and that was my original wish for a tablet. So, I went and bought the toshiba thrive 7.
    Now the 32g playbook is on the way and should arrive at my local The Source store tomorrow for pickup (Duncan,BC, Canada). I plan to not take delivery, but just had the thought that someone else might like to know it will be available at this store tomorrow or the next day.
    12-08-11 06:00 PM
    Had to keep zooming googlemaps out to finally find Duncan, BC. North of Victoria. Bike rode from Victoria to Sidney to catch the ferry back to Washington a few years back.

Good luck with the alternate purchase.
    12-08-11 07:17 PM
    I'm from Duncan too haha. Just curious where you found the toshiba thrive 7 locally?
    12-08-11 08:49 PM
    How much did you pay for the Thrive if I may ask? I am thinking it might make good gift for my brother who is die hard Android fan and loves Toshiba products as well. And no, he will not touch the PB.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the other thread you started here about the Thrive7.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 12-08-11 at 10:19 PM.
    12-08-11 10:11 PM
    I bought a 16g playbook for $199, and then my wife said she would like one too, but by that time it was hard to find a discounted one. I finally found one at The Source in Canada, but had to take a 32g one for $299, as it was the only one left. I then learned yesterday that a local supplier had Toshiba Thrive 7's in stock, and that was my original wish for a tablet. So, I went and bought the toshiba thrive 7.
    Now the 32g playbook is on the way and should arrive at my local The Source store tomorrow for pickup (Duncan,BC, Canada). I plan to not take delivery, but just had the thought that someone else might like to know it will be available at this store tomorrow or the next day.
    You think they could ship it to another store on your request?? I would be a taker if it could be transfered to a Montreal store....
    12-09-11 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD