... a charging stand for the playbook that also incorporates a USB connector and a HDMI connector?

I'd like to use the PB as a replacement for laptops and media centre (for displaying films on the big screen), but to do that I'm going to need to utilise all ofthe connections neatly.
    12-05-11 05:43 AM
    As far as I am aware, none are available currently that gives you access to all ports on a charging dock.
    But this is my temporary solution. I use the Bluerex case that can have the PB stand at an angle for viewing. I set it up that way with only the PB inverted, that is the ports on the top thus accessible. Now since the PB do adjust as per the orientation, you will be able to view your stuff (like connected to HDTv) while the charging cord and still be attached.
    Not great, but works.
    12-05-11 05:52 AM
    What about the Otterbox? When I looked at it online (haven't seen it in real life yet) looked to have open areas to allow for charging - although perhaps not suitable for the fast charging base.
    12-05-11 06:14 AM
    The Otter Box is a great case but does not allow charging in a docking station. I uses the convertable case, turn it so ports are up, use a rapid charger and mini hdmi cord. both are low profile. It would be great to have a stand that both the cables come out the bottom
    Last edited by Hgouck; 12-05-11 at 07:26 AM.
    12-05-11 06:58 AM
    The Otter Box is a great case but does not allow charging in a docking station. I uses the convertable case, turn it so ports are up, use a rapid charger and mini hdmi cord. both are low profile. It would be great to have a stand that both the cables come out the bottom
    Exactly, nice and neat, so that I could work on the big screen, using a decent BT keyboard, and with no need for a mouse as the PB screen will be close to hand.

All data stored on the BB handset or on the company intranet.
    12-05-11 07:47 AM
    I found one on Amazon but when I tried it it didn't charge the PlayBook. Maybe because it plugs into the USB port on the computer instead of an AC adapter. I returned it and was contacted by the seller asking me what the problem was. I told him and never heard back.
    12-05-11 07:56 AM
    The other issue with the Otterbox is that you can only attach the magnetic plug from the rapid charger in one orientation as the case (its thickness to the right of the socket) interferes with the seating of the plug. But carefully flexing the rapid charger's wire would allow the hdmi cable to be used simultaneously.
    12-05-11 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD