Maybe Blackberry really are delusional. I wonder how many "IT decision makers and administrators" still give a sh!t about BB when they can't get basic stuff like IMAP and contacts right.

And you really have to read this:
    BlackBerry's Thorsten Heins thinks tablets will be dead in five years

Heins, pass the brandy, and bring that old man back in... This probably means BB10 for PB will arrive in 2050.
    Heins is the reason blackberry will disappear from the market !
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-30-13 09:56 AM
    Well, Andrei - again, I ask - why are you here? Doesn't running your own multi-billion dollar enterprise keep you busy enough that you shouldn't have time in these forums? You obviously don't like BlackBerry, yet spend a lot of time here, trolling away
    04-30-13 10:06 AM
    oh yeah playbook still s u c k s
    Look at you, acting as though your opinions are 'facts'. What makes you right and someone who likes it wrong?
    04-30-13 10:07 AM
    I agree with you 100% Heins is a stiff. Sorry the truth hurts...walks like a duck....quacks like a duck.....its a duck....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-30-13 10:45 AM
    Wow. What's up with this thread?

Welcome to Troll City.

Posted via CB10
    Chaddface likes this.
    04-30-13 11:40 AM
    Well, Andrei - again, I ask - why are you here? Doesn't running your own multi-billion dollar enterprise keep you busy enough that you shouldn't have time in these forums? You obviously don't like BlackBerry, yet spend a lot of time here, trolling away
    does truth bother you rubbergoose ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-30-13 12:43 PM
    Look at you, acting as though your opinions are 'facts'. What makes you right and someone who likes it wrong?
    and yet duckrubber i'm a die hard bb user for 9 years now ..oh dear panda god help me

sad_old_man likes this.
    04-30-13 12:45 PM
    Has it not dawned on the masses yet. Look at his background? He has been brought in to structure the company and its product base so that it becomes a viable prospect for one of the major players, whoever that is to buy it for a reasonable price? That's more acceptable to the shareholders than calling in the receiver don't you think? Like it, have a heart attack about it, write to your government about it I don't really care! That is what's happening here as sure as night follows day. Oh and before some smart arse corrects me also include day follows night!
    04-30-13 12:54 PM
    and yet duckrubber i'm a die hard bb user for 9 years now ..oh dear panda god help me

Hey you! I'm the one on here that gets the grief not you! Don't try to take my title away from me, go get one of your own! The nerve of some people.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-30-13 01:00 PM
    I agree with you 100% Heins is a stiff. Sorry the truth hurts...walks like a duck....quacks like a duck.....its a duck....
    Well, you just go and submit your resume and let the world know you're the greatest business leader the world has ever known. You tell that chump Heins to get out of your chair and lead the company to greatness! Talk is cheap! Action!
    04-30-13 05:26 PM
    does truth bother you rubbergoose ?

I have to wonder why you waste your time? Wouldn't you be home at home at ... say ... imore? Instead of trolling here?

As I said, if someone likes their PlayBook and finds uses for it, what makes them wrong and you right? Other than the fact that you seem to think you're the definitive authority on personal taste and what's good and what's bad?
    04-30-13 05:27 PM
    I've been off crackberry for a few days forgot to pah my internet...oops lol but I'm back and more opinionated than ever
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-30-13 07:30 PM
    Has it not dawned on the masses yet. Look at his background? He has been brought in to structure the company and its product base so that it becomes a viable prospect for one of the major players, whoever that is to buy it for a reasonable price?
    Fattening the goose before the knife comes.

Lenovo, Samsung, Microsoft and Apple are all waiting for BlackBerry to be dismembered into valuable IP and enterprise components. Could come sooner rather than later.
    sad_old_man and shaankaleem like this.
    04-30-13 07:58 PM

Lenovo, Samsung, Microsoft and Apple are all waiting for BlackBerry to be dismembered into valuable IP and enterprise components. Could come sooner rather than later.
    This will be bad for consumers. Without a viable third placer alternative for niche market users everyone will be forced to kowtow to apple or Samsung. And seeing from the direction those two are going it ain't gonna be pretty.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-01-13 05:49 AM

You got it in one! I knew you were bright!
    shaankaleem likes this.
    05-01-13 02:15 PM
    I have to wonder why you waste your time? Wouldn't you be home at home at ... say ... imore? Instead of trolling here?
    Gotta love the typical CB response... if you don't agree with anything Blackberry says or does, then you're a troll. Real mature

Heads up - we're all Blackberry users here, we want to see BB succeed but most of all as users, we don't want to be screwed out of the functionality that we paid for. That means praise when earned and criticism when needed, especially when the CEO shoots his mouth off and abandons the entire Playbook community that stuck with BB through the QNX transition.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-01-13 08:28 PM
    While I continue to use my Playbook daily. I know there are a lot of BB haters out there. If you don't like them then just log off and go to your favorite phone website and discuss how great they are with your friends. Trust me no one here will miss you.
    05-01-13 11:01 PM
    I don't think that BB are planning to sell, if they were they probably would have done it already. Didn't they have buyers lined up already (as in 1 or 2 looking at them)? If they were going to sell, that would have been the time do so. The rich were already rich and would want to sell at that point instead of pumping in money into a new OS and going against 2 heavy weights, just to possibly have the company value possibly fall some more. They are not big enough of a competitor for Apple or Google to buy. MS is set on shoving metro style OS down our throats, and that leaves hardware companies left. Samsung would make the most sense, but they are still making a fortune off of Android and I don't think LG, HTC, etc would take that plunge. BB probably knows that if they fail the best they have is to sell its parts, not the whole company or its OS. That means that they wouldn't put a ton of money and resources into BB10, yet they did.

Heins was a good choice to bring in to stop the hemorrhaging of cash and keep the BB on its path. He has done that and they are much more focus than before. Whether we like it or not, PB is on the back burner because they must focus on their core product, BB10 and cell phones. PB will get BB10 because, not only have they publicly say it would, but also because I am sure they were smart enough to make it able to adapt to future hardware (ie different screen sizes and tablets). Look at iOS, Android, Windows8, etc... they don't make one OS per device anymore.

I think all this "Heins will run BB to the ground" and "BB sucks" on CB's forums aren't about looking at the company's direction but rather people mad that it isn't here yet. As much as I understand being impatient (I am), some of the comments in CB seem to be juvenile responses. "I want it NOW! They suck!" [pouts]. IMO.
    05-02-13 12:59 AM
    Heins was a good choice to bring in to stop the hemorrhaging of cash and keep the BB on its path. He has done that and they are much more focus than before. Whether we like it or not, PB is on the back burner because they must focus on their core product, BB10 and cell phones. PB will get BB10 because, not only have they publicly say it would, but also because I am sure they were smart enough to make it able to adapt to future hardware (ie different screen sizes and tablets). Look at iOS, Android, Windows8, etc... they don't make one OS per device anymore.
    Actually I don't think it can scale to different hardware easily, if it did the z10, q10, and playbook with bb10 would have all been released on the same day in January 2013.

IMHO not releasing BB10 on the Playbook has been a huge mistake and has deprived BBRY of 2 to 3 million users worth of BB10 store revenue. It's also fractured software development, with developers either choosing one or other platform to support or throw extra investment at developing for both.

BBRY/Heins keep pushing this vision of a unified system of computing on to the public but don't have the balls to stand by their own words and deploy it on their current product line.
    05-02-13 02:41 AM
    Well, you just go and submit your resume and let the world know you're the greatest business leader the world has ever known. You tell that chump Heins to get out of your chair and lead the company to greatness! Talk is cheap! Action!

I agree talk is cheap and opinions are like A$$hles we all have one.....I'll keep talking and you keep your opinion.

oh...i have 2 bby phones and a playbook....

so i 'talk'
    )
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-02-13 07:31 AM
    Gotta love the typical CB response... if you don't agree with anything Blackberry says or does, then you're a troll. Real mature

Heads up - we're all Blackberry users here, we want to see BB succeed but most of all as users, we don't want to be screwed out of the functionality that we paid for. That means praise when earned and criticism when needed, especially when the CEO shoots his mouth off and abandons the entire Playbook community that stuck with BB through the QNX transition.
    I think that just about covers it perfectly! It's not enough just to own bb products and stick with the company for five years, you have to tell them that everything they do is wonderful or your a troll. Probably why they are in the position they are in the market?
    05-02-13 07:50 AM
    I suspect their posistion in the market has more to do with lack of inovation then CB posts. Users spoke with their wallets.
    05-02-13 08:07 AM
    I suspect their posistion in the market has more to do with lack of inovation then CB posts. Users spoke with their wallets.
    If you think about my statement properly, does it not mean the same thing? Company do something bad = customers remain loyal, company do something bad = customers remain loyal, company stop caring about loyal customers = customers remain loyal, product sales drop due to lack of new customers = shareholders do not remain loyal, company forsakes loyal customers in search of profit = happy shareholders (temporarily) etc etc etc until the inevitable day that shareholders no longer exists and neither does the company? Simple really!

Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity?
    05-02-13 08:34 AM
    If you think about my statement properly, does it not mean the same thing? Company do something bad = customers remain loyal, company do something bad = customers remain loyal, company stop caring about loyal customers = customers remain loyal, product sales drop due to lack of new customers = shareholders do not remain loyal, company forsakes loyal customers in search of profit = happy shareholders (temporarily) etc etc etc until the inevitable day that shareholders no longer exists and neither does the company? Simple really!

Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity?
    your right it all comes down to what people value, and today that's all messed up
    05-02-13 09:48 AM
    Actually I don't think it can scale to different hardware easily, if it did the z10, q10, and playbook with bb10 would have all been released on the same day in January 2013.

IMHO not releasing BB10 on the Playbook has been a huge mistake and has deprived BBRY of 2 to 3 million users worth of BB10 store revenue. It's also fractured software development, with developers either choosing one or other platform to support or throw extra investment at developing for both.

BBRY/Heins keep pushing this vision of a unified system of computing on to the public but don't have the balls to stand by their own words and deploy it on their current product line.
    I also think that releasing the BB10 on the PlayBook early would have been much better, even if it was just a beta. That builds excitement, customer loyalty, cheap grass roots marketing (customers showing it off), and would help for development of apps to fit both the Alpha devices and the PlayBook devices.

I still think that it was made to scale for a few reasons, including BB10 (if not mistaken) is based on QNX and was in development during the PB's release. I doubt they would have scraped the foundation and start over focusing solely on phones, that would cost too much. There will be tweaks that have to be made for the tablet, but I think they had tablets in mind for BB10. It should scale to all screen sizes, else they won't have an well intergrated eco-system and more importantly their hardware would not be future proof (screen size/phone size popularity changes).

I think it just came down to resources. As big of a company they are, and as much money as they have (they didn't lose it all and they are still an international company), they still do not have the resources that Apple, Google, or MS have.
    05-02-13 10:55 AM
363 ... 678910 ...