never in my life time
    Well unfortunately for you I have pinpointed the exact, yes exact date of the bb10 release for the pb. The official upgrade date will be exactly and I do mean exactly the........... Wait for it boys.........

"THE 42nd of OCTEMBER 1856"
    05-27-13 09:57 AM
    Well unfortunately for you I have pinpointed the exact, yes exact date of the bb10 release for the pb. The official upgrade date will be exactly and I do mean exactly the........... Wait for it boys.........

"THE 42nd of OCTEMBER 1856"
    As sure as any of the other dates posted by forumees (new word) or for that matter, RIM!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-27-13 09:16 PM
    As sure as any of the other dates posted by forumees (new word) or for that matter, RIM!
    Forumees, I like that! So if we arrange a forum rugby match, we can have the Forumees v Crackberryians (fanboys). Oh yes.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-28-13 06:50 AM
    Forumees, I like that! So if we arrange a forum rugby match, we can have the Forumees v Crackberryians (fanboys). Oh yes.
    I am going to demand it be added to permitted words in Words w/ Friends. Crackberrians - I will seek permission for them to be free to wander the pysch ward.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    05-28-13 07:50 AM
    I am going to demand it be added to permitted words in Words w/ Friends. Crackberrians - I will seek permission for them to be free to wander the pysch ward.
    No no no, it's nice and quiet and tranquil in this ward. I don't want a load of noise crackberrians stamping around the ward in them funny white jackets that have their sleeves around the back chanting BB10, BB10, BB10 . Leave me to live my life in peace.

ps while your here, or there in fact, any chance you could do something with the gooseberry and the pesky cat?
    05-28-13 07:58 AM
    No no no, it's nice and quiet and tranquil in this ward. I don't want a load of noise crackberrians stamping around the ward in them funny white jackets that have their sleeves around the back chanting BB10, BB10, BB10 . Leave me to live my life in peace.

ps while your here, or there in fact, any chance you could do something with the gooseberry and the pesky cat?
    Hey!!! I offered to sit on one of the crackberrian face and that's how you repay me?!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-28-13 08:21 AM
    Hey!!! I offered to sit on one of the crackberrian face and that's how you repay me?!!
    Oooppppssss!
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    05-28-13 08:37 AM

Madame X's cat is buried in my back yard but I had nothing to do with its demise!

As for the looney bin - manage your own friends!
    05-28-13 08:43 AM
    Madame X's cat is buried in my back yard but I had nothing to do with its demise!

As for the looney bin - manage your own friends!
    Don't have any.......... Boo hoo woe is me.....
    05-28-13 09:44 AM
    Well, what do you know - Thor may be correct. Tablets will be dying in Five Years but until then, boy has rim missed the boat:

PC shipments face sharp slump in 2013 as tablets ascend - IDC

"By Noel Randewich

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Global personal computer shipments face a deeper-than-expected 7.8 percent slump this year as tablets overtake laptops for the first time, according to a report from market research company IDC.

The firm previously had forecast a 1.3 percent decline in PC shipments for 2013 but said in a report on Tuesday that consumers content with tablets are continuing to hold off replacing ageing laptops and desktop computers.

By 2015, tablets will outship not just laptops, but all PCs, according to IDC.

Driven by growth in inexpensive devices running Google's Android platform, worldwide tablet shipments will expand 58.7 percent this year, while average selling prices for the devices will fall 10.8 percent to $381, IDC said.

Since Apple launched the iPad in 2010, PC industry heavyweights like Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft and Intel have struggled to adapt their products to consumers' growing preferences for mobile devices.

PC shipments are expected to fall an additional 1.2 percent next year, according to IDC.

(Reporting by Noel Randewich; Editing by Dan Grebler)"
    05-28-13 03:15 PM
    Well, what do you know - Thor may be correct. Tablets will be dying in Five Years but until then, boy has rim missed the boat:

"By Noel Randewich

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Global personal computer shipments face a deeper-than-expected 7.8 percent slump this year as tablets overtake laptops for the first time, according to a report from market research company IDC.

The firm previously had forecast a 1.3 percent decline in PC shipments for 2013 but said in a report on Tuesday that consumers content with tablets are continuing to hold off replacing ageing laptops and desktop computers.

By 2015, tablets will outship not just laptops, but all PCs, according to IDC.

Driven by growth in inexpensive devices running Google's Android platform, worldwide tablet shipments will expand 58.7 percent this year, while average selling prices for the devices will fall 10.8 percent to $381, IDC said.

Since Apple launched the iPad in 2010, PC industry heavyweights like Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft and Intel have struggled to adapt their products to consumers' growing preferences for mobile devices.

PC shipments are expected to fall an additional 1.2 percent next year, according to IDC.

(Reporting by Noel Randewich; Editing by Dan Grebler)"
    Doesn't that mean Thor wasn't quite correct?
    05-28-13 03:34 PM
    Tablets seem to be doing quite well right now and will likely continue into the next year. Thor is just scared that they can't produce a tablet that makes $$$ and he should be. Google and Amazon can get away with not making $$$ on hardware whereas BlackBerry cannot.

Thor knows they can't make $$$ with a new tablet so instead of calling it like it is he foolishly tells the world that tablets will be "dead" in five years....sigh...Yes phone are becoming more powerful and "mobile computing" is rapidly changing but tablets will not be "dead" in five years but the BlackBerry brand very well may if they Don't get the lead out.

You could start by telling your loyalists of fans (PLAYBOOK OWNERS) just what it is you intend to do with the Tablet -if anything- and when it is you intend to do it or not do it.

This whole silence thing isn't working for you trust me.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    FF22 likes this.
    05-28-13 03:55 PM
    Tablets seem to be doing quite well right now and will likely continue into the next year. Thor is just scared that they can't produce a tablet that makes $$$ and he should be. Google and Amazon can get away with not making $$$ on hardware whereas BlackBerry cannot.

Thor knows they can't make $$$ with a new tablet so instead of calling it like it is he foolishly tells the world that tablets will be "dead" in five years....sigh...Yes phone are becoming more powerful and "mobile computing" is rapidly changing but tablets will not be "dead" in five years but the BlackBerry brand very well may if they Don't get the lead out.

You could start by telling your loyalists of fans (PLAYBOOK OWNERS) just what it is you intend to do with the Tablet -if anything- and when it is you intend to do it or not do it.

This whole silence thing isn't working for you trust me.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    I agree that Thor does not believe what He said. He knows that the Tablet business will be healthy for many years to come.

At the same time, the trick is how to make money doing it. Apple has the Apple premium. Samsung has a huge economy of scale. Amazon makes tablets to sell books and music.

What does BlackBerry have? The best model is Amazon's. Sell cheap tablets and make the money on services. What are those services? I don't know right now.

Maybe BlackBerry just had to offer a tablet to keep give it's customers an alternative to the iPad. It doesn't matter if they make money as long as they don't lose another half a billion.

It sure feels like PlayBook is in run off now. Stock is being sold at blow out prices just to get rid of it. My guess is that PlayBook 2 (whatever it will be called) is coming soon.

It won't called PlayBook 2 for the same reason that there is no Titanic 2.

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-28-13 06:46 PM
363 ... 131415