Proof will be available in a week to 10 days.
    Please hold, you question is important to us.
    05-07-13 06:22 AM
    Proof will be available in a week to 10 days.
    Please hold, you question is important to us.
    "Water, please, I've been sitting on HOLD for 6 months!"
    blueberrymerry and HelliS22 like this.
    05-07-13 08:59 AM
    Its another 6 months then.:thumbup::thumbup:
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 09:06 AM
    then what's a little bit longer the may bb jam session clearly states 3 device sizes. z10,q10 and a tablet maybe p10

regardless they wouldn't have a jam session about building apps for tablets if it wasn't coming.

if I recall properlly there was a jam session about 10.1 and shortly after we were graced with the q10.
    it will come just give it time, in the meantime how about we make the playbook forums a more positive place for new comers instead.
    05-07-13 09:32 AM
    then what's a little bit longer the may bb jam session clearly states 3 device sizes. z10,q10 and a tablet maybe p10

regardless they wouldn't have a jam session about building apps for tablets if it wasn't coming.

if I recall properlly there was a jam session about 10.1 and shortly after we were graced with the q10.
    it will come just give it time, in the meantime how about we make the playbook forums a more positive place for new comers instead.
    I'm a newbie

Posted via CB10
    HelliS22 and shaankaleem like this.
    05-07-13 09:41 AM
    I would probably advise newbies to return their PlayBooks and get a Nexus 7 I would say the same thing about an HP Touchpad too.

A flawed product is a flawed product, sorry. The problem with fan-oriented sites like CB is that most people end up pretending everything's OK and working around problems, instead of pointing out those problems in the first place. Most of the PlayBook's problems stem from BB doing nothing to fix things and using "BB10 is coming soon!" as a convenient excuse.

Until Thorsten Heins himself says BlackBerry is committed to delivering BB10 for PlayBook by a certain date, I won't bother with rumours.
    sad_old_man, HelliS22 and canandm like this.
    05-07-13 10:11 AM
    exactly !!!
    sad_old_man and HelliS22 like this.
    05-07-13 10:49 AM
    I would probably advise newbies to return their PlayBooks and get a Nexus 7 I would say the same thing about an HP Touchpad too.

A flawed product is a flawed product, sorry. The problem with fan-oriented sites like CB is that most people end up pretending everything's OK and working around problems, instead of pointing out those problems in the first place. Most of the PlayBook's problems stem from BB doing nothing to fix things and using "BB10 is coming soon!" as a convenient excuse.

Until Thorsten Heins himself says BlackBerry is committed to delivering BB10 for PlayBook by a certain date, I won't bother with rumours.
    Now is probably the best time to buy a PlayBook. They are cheap, high quality, and will be having BB10 on them. On a more subjective note, I would stay away from Android tablets/phones all together. They just don't have high quality for build (imo) and the tons of apps are mostly really cheap apps that nobody really even wants (ie "sexy babes" or "fart-a-matic"), or a few good apps with 10x crap apps that attempt to do the same thing. I think the quality control on the apps are horrible. Google also has zero support.

I would go with PlayBook 1st due to price, quality, BB10, support, and functionality. Then the iPad 2nd, Touchpad 3rd (its discontinued but supposedly has a big community and is a full size tablet). I don't know much about the Windows tablet, but I would give that more of a chance than an Android tablet. I wish PlayBook could have gotten iPad ports rather than Android (or ideally more native apps!)... I believe that is making it look and function a lot more junky.

As for Heins himself saying BB is committed to delivering BB10 for the Playbook, **He did** on CNBC just a month and a half ago.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 11:42 AM

Oh you've done it now HAVN'T you? You do know what will happen to you now? You will be taken by staunch blackbarians to an unamed destination where you will be kept in a dark underground room. (not my cellar of course). You will have a pb, a nexus 7 and a Z10 placed in front of you. The dweebs will then attach connection to various parts of your body (you don't want to know) and then you will be connected to a rather large DC transformer. They will then ask you to pick up the device that you like best (I suggest a moment of careful decision at this point). Get it wrong and they turn the current on? The questions will continue until you pick up the pb every single time. Don't slip up particularly on the question regarding your favourite device for using Skype on!!!!!!

Once you successfully pick up the pb every time for a period not exceeding the time taken to get bb10 released for the pb, you will have the word "troll" tattooed on your bottom and you will be set free, forever to be shunned as a troll.

I feel better after that?
    05-07-13 11:49 AM
    More like, they'll have you extraordinarily rendered to some deep dark part of nowhere, then have you bound and gagged... to listen to Thorsten Heins. Continuously, at loud volume.

"It will soon be over."
    "Coming soon."
    "Just around the corner."

The perfect torturer's voice giving hope where there is none.

If you have ever used Android on a good tablet, especially from Ice Cream Sandwich onwards, you'll realize it's a worthy competitor against the iPad. Please don't make the stupid assumption of thinking iOS and Android are only good for fart apps when there are some excellent apps which aren't available (and will never be available) on the PlayBook. About the only good thing about the PB is that fire-sale price.

Why do we keep defending BB and that id!ot Heins when we, as users and developers interested in keeping the platform alive, keep getting jerked around? I sure as hell didn't buy the PB so that it could be a Gingerbread Android tablet!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-07-13 11:58 AM
    More like, they'll have you extraordinarily rendered to some deep dark part of nowhere, then have you bound and gagged... to listen to Thorsten Heins. Continuously, at loud volume.

"It will soon be over."
    "Coming soon."
    "Just around the corner."

The perfect torturer's voice giving hope where there is none.

If you have ever used Android on a good tablet, especially from Ice Cream Sandwich onwards, you'll realize it's a worthy competitor against the iPad. Please don't make the stupid assumption of thinking iOS and Android are only good for fart apps when there are some excellent apps which aren't available (and will never be available) on the PlayBook. About the only good thing about the PB is that fire-sale price.

Why do we keep defending BB and that id!ot Heins when we, as users and developers interested in keeping the platform alive, keep getting jerked around? I sure as hell didn't buy the PB so that it could be a Gingerbread Android tablet!
    It must be the effect I have on people. If you read the words instead of just looking at them and reading what you wish to see, then you'll notice that I didn't say "I would do it", simply because I'm not a blackbarian?. I've been called a troll more times than you've made posts and now you tell me I'm defending bb and Thor? Well if that's not reason enough to visit the cellar I don't know what is. I do also have two Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1s and an iPad so I do know what your saying but I'm going off to sulk now as I've only just started liking the title troll. Well that title didn't last long I wonder what next?
    05-07-13 12:10 PM

or how about the new people can just see the real truth .. blackberry are just arrogant without a position
    a new playbook ?!?! give me a break who would waste their money on another experiment ?
    it took blackberry a couple of years to release a product with front camera but who also borrows apps from other platforms cause no one is interested to develop something useful
    the playbook has kickass from camera why didn't it have skype yahoo and other video services in the first place ? why does it still has a **** browser ? why didn't it have a led flash at release ? or a decent bluetooth to send and receive files and a decent os to install apps from within ??
    c'mon die hard bb fans just cut the crap !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    sad_old_man and HelliS22 like this.
    05-07-13 03:08 PM
    or how about the new people can just see the real truth .. blackberry are just arrogant without a position
    a new playbook ?!?! give me a break who would waste their money on another experiment ?
    it took blackberry a couple of years to release a product with front camera but who also borrows apps from other platforms cause no one is interested to develop something useful
    the playbook has kickass from camera why didn't it have skype yahoo and other video services in the first place ? why does it still has a **** browser ? why didn't it have a led flash at release ? or a decent bluetooth to send and receive files and a decent os to install apps from within ??
    c'mon die hard bb fans just cut the crap !

It will have all those things and be wonderful when it gets bb10?
    Barracuda7772 and HelliS22 like this.
    05-07-13 03:25 PM
    Actually I don't think it can scale to different hardware easily, if it did the z10, q10, and playbook with bb10 would have all been released on the same day in January 2013...
    Not sure I can agree with this for the sole reason that the PlayBook is already running the bb10 OS also known as QNX. Agreed it's an older version that needs to be updated to the version on the Z/Q10, but it's essentially the same OS. Windows OS SP1 vs SP4.

I think that the effort is being put in to the GUI and functionality of the phones, and the tablet will come later.

I however am like everyone else and really wish they would put the effort in to the play book GUI so that we can enjoy the flow on all our BlackBerry devices.

I don't know for a fact, but I assume the delays are with bridging services between the phones and the PlayBook.

Ponch using BlackBerry 10 CraxkBerry App
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 03:45 PM
    It will have all those things and be wonderful when it gets bb10?
    sure it will .. when i will own my first z10 .. like never .. dont have the money for that crap and im still not sure if i would want a mini playbook

HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 05:29 PM
    sure it will .. when i will own my first z10 .. like never .. dont have the money for that crap and im still not sure if i would want a mini playbook

you sure soundnpretty bitter at blackberry. if you think the z10 and playbook are crap why are you on and activly on a blackberry fan site ?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 06:00 PM
    Because he/she is a BlackBerry user and a PlayBook user?

The main reason why BB is going down the drain is because the company simply doesn't listen. The top management keeps plugging its ears saying la-la-la, everything's perfectly fine, we'll hit that profit forecast for sure Mr. CEO... fanboys and forum sycophantic forums reinforce this. The mobile industry is fast and cutthroat - be slow, be stupid, and you're dead.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-07-13 07:03 PM

The main reason why BB is going down the drain is because the company simply doesn't listen. The top management keeps plugging its ears saying la-la-la, everything's perfectly fine, we'll hit that profit forecast for sure Mr. CEO... fanboys and forum sycophantic forums reinforce this. The mobile industry is fast and cutthroat - be slow, be stupid, and you're dead.
    going down the drain ? have you not read the lastest earnings call, cash on hand up, sales going up, margins going up.

this is not the old rim........This is Blackberry baby
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 07:55 PM
    Wow, this thread is really negative. It's odd to me that anyone would be so against a phone company yet still use one unless it's mandated by work. Now I'm not saying BlackBerry hit it out of the park with the '10, but I will say they got a triple. I've been a BlackBerry user forever so I can't say it's better than Android, iPhone or Windows Phone, but I can say it's the best they've put out so far, and without jumping from phone to phone can say that I'm a little more proud pulling it out where other phones are playing.

At the end of the day though, we're all buying these for what we want out of them. If you see faults but it doesn't turn you away, please share as it will make a better product. If however you're just too jaded by the perceived lack of vendor support, by all means move to a new device that meets your needs and move over to their forums where you can point out their flaws to improve their product until you once again get jaded.

Some people you can do no wrong for, some no right, and the rest of us are realists and we hope you join us

Ponch using BlackBerry 10 CraxkBerry App
    FF22 and HelliS22 like this.
    05-07-13 07:57 PM

he/she ?? do you want to see proof that i am a HE ?
    i use blackberry because from the last 6 years now i have the data unlimited price on my career ..
    i use blackberry because despite the ****less support i have all my personal ddata on my playbook and bb phone !
    and because it is the only organized mobile platform of all
    that doesn't mean i dont have bad opinions about some things that involve the platform and functionality

HelliS22 likes this.
    05-08-13 05:49 AM
    you sure soundnpretty bitter at blackberry. if you think the z10 and playbook are crap why are you on and activly on a blackberry fan site ?
    i am not th e only one .. if you only see me complain then you are either blind either fake everything is pink and all shine in blackberry world

HelliS22 likes this.
    05-08-13 05:56 AM
    going down the drain ? have you not read the lastest earnings call, cash on hand up, sales going up, margins going up.

this is not the old rim........This is Blackberry baby
    I agree totally, this is the whole new bb. Just one important figure you missed and that's returns going up?

ps I prefer the pastry to have jam on the base and shredded coconut on top.
    05-08-13 06:41 AM
    i am not th e only one .. if you only see me complain then you are either blind either fake everything is pink and all shine in blackberry world

I'm not that naive, I'm well aware there are a bunch of people on this site that are here for the single purpose of.bashing blackberry.

Some people just need to know when to move on. if a product does not suit your needs anymore you find something new.

its been a long long time since I've been in grade 6, but I've never forgot a quote from my home room teacher she said "if who you are is what you have and what you have is taken away who are you?" sounds like too many people. ase who they are on their "things" when in reality they should base who they are on their inner qualities and further improving yourself as a person.

I strongly believe this is the reason we have soo many "trolls" and people who find nothing better to do and bash a fan site where people come to work out issues and talk about the thing they love in this case Blackberry.

I understand bb10 is not perfect nor is the playbook, but its perfect to soooo many people on here who understand updates are coming

so on behalf of everyone who are here because they love blackberry. All you people that are here for the sole purpose of hating on blackberry as andrei clearly sated there are a bunch of There is the door see yourselves out !
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-08-13 10:13 AM
    I'm not that naive, I'm well aware there are a bunch of people on this site that are here for the single purpose of.bashing blackberry.

Some people just need to know when to move on. if a product does not suit your needs anymore you find something new.

its been a long long time since I've been in grade 6, but I've never forgot a quote from my home room teacher she said "if who you are is what you have and what you have is taken away who are you?" sounds like too many people. ase who they are on their "things" when in reality they should base who they are on their inner qualities and further improving yourself as a person.

I strongly believe this is the reason we have soo many "trolls" and people who find nothing better to do and bash a fan site where people come to work out issues and talk about the thing they love in this case Blackberry.

I understand bb10 is not perfect nor is the playbook, but its perfect to soooo many people on here who understand updates are coming

so on behalf of everyone who are here because they love blackberry. All you people that are here for the sole purpose of hating on blackberry as andrei clearly sated there are a bunch of There is the door see yourselves out !
    I understand your meaning, but we do not control the members who start yet another and another and another post about bb10 coming to the pb so you must also consider the fact that just by firing the first innocent shot you may be starting a war?

Who is to blame? The person who started the thread or the person who responds to posts on that thread? The person who starts the thread clearly invites posts regarding bb10 and the playbook probably just wants to relieve boredom on the forum and invoke some humour into it of which by the sounds of it your against.

I have just returned from Afgan and we even manage to retain our sense of humour while we are over there! Even the top brass quickly develope a sense of humour when they go over there.

The main criticism I have of this site as a newbie and I'm not the first one to say it is that unless you say that bb and it's devices are perfect then you get attacked. the forum should be a good mix of both and so far I find the BB bashers who just hate bb are in a minority compared with the bashers who attempt to trample anyone who dares speak wrong about bb in any way.

Don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the message, shoot the person who wrote the message.
    05-08-13 10:58 AM
    I understand your meaning, but we do not control the members who start yet another and another and another post about bb10 coming to the pb so you must also consider the fact that just by firing the first innocent shot you may be starting a war?

Who is to blame? The person who started the thread or the person who responds to posts on that thread? The person who starts the thread clearly invites posts regarding bb10 and the playbook probably just wants to relieve boredom on the forum and invoke some humour into it of which by the sounds of it your against.

I have just returned from Afgan and we even manage to retain our sense of humour while we are over there! Even the top brass quickly develope a sense of humour when they go over there.

The main criticism I have of this site as a newbie and I'm not the first one to say it is that unless you say that bb and it's devices are perfect then you get attacked. the forum should be a good mix of both and so far I find the BB bashers who just hate bb are in a minority compared with the bashers who attempt to trample anyone who dares speak wrong about bb in any way.

Don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the message, shoot the person who wrote the message.
    you completely misinterprit. I clearly know I cannot control who comes and goes but why make excuses for those who are here just for the purpose of bashing a fan site.
    05-08-13 11:03 AM
363 ... 910111213 ...