I am tired of looking at the brighter side. I bought playbook early on and have loved the product. I have side-loaded apps and have been happy with it. But BB has been extremely slow with updates and the ecosystem is still poor (one should not have to side-load). Moreover, their vague launch dates are frustrating and feels like one is being cheated. I am not gonna give them my money to buy Z/Q 10 till they deliver their promise.
    FF22, rupam95, Nick Hoang and 2 others like this.
    04-22-13 11:32 AM
    soon, shortly, presently, before long, any time now, just around the corner, in the near future, any minute now, before long, coming down the pike, directly, early, ere long, expeditiously, fast, fleetly, forthwith, hastily, in a little while, in a minute, in a second, in a short time, in due time, in short order, in time, instantly, lickety-split, on time, posthaste, presently, promptly, pronto, quick, quickly, rapidly, short, shortly, speedily.

Oh my mistake, this is Blackberry we are talking about. Please disregard.

As you were.
    04-22-13 11:35 AM
    soon, shortly, presently, before long, any time now, just around the corner, in the near future, any minute now, before long, coming down the pike, directly, early, ere long, expeditiously, fast, fleetly, forthwith, hastily, in a little while, in a minute, in a second, in a short time, in due time, in short order, in time, instantly, lickety-split, on time, posthaste, presently, promptly, pronto, quick, quickly, rapidly, short, shortly, speedily.

Oh my mistake, this is Blackberry we are talking about. Please disregard.

As you were.
    Did you actually take a breath while you were posting that? Wow I'm impressed!
    04-22-13 01:13 PM
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................soon.
    04-22-13 01:35 PM
    Sometime this year is correct. But they said in the near future. So some time in the near future (since this is blackberry, then in maybe a few years). So they must be speaking in the future tense, but lied by saying "this" year. Which means, sometime in a few years! Now if we analize all their statements, we have other statements like "around the corner". Around the corner can mean in a year, or just sometime next year. So sometime in a few years, around the corner. Calculate that and we really get: sometime (possibly even a few decades), then add a few years and finally, add maybe a month-more than a year and you get 10+3+1=14 years. So expect it maybe in 2027.

That's ignoring all the other statements like:
    "soon, shortly, presently, before long, any time now, just around the corner, in the near future, any minute now, before long, coming down the pike, directly, early, ere long, expeditiously, fast, fleetly, forthwith, hastily, in a little while, in a minute, in a second, in a short time, in due time, in short order, in time, instantly, lickety-split, on time, posthaste, presently, promptly, pronto, quick, quickly, rapidly, short, shortly, speedily."
    sad_old_man and Rodojo like this.
    04-22-13 01:52 PM
    Sometime this year is correct. But they said in the near future. So some time in the near future (since this is blackberry, then in maybe a few years). So they must be speaking in the future tense, but lied by saying "this" year. Which means, sometime in a few years! Now if we analize all their statements, we have other statements like "around the corner". Around the corner can mean in a year, or just sometime next year. So sometime in a few years, around the corner. Calculate that and we really get: sometime (possibly even a few decades), then add a few years and finally, add maybe a month-more than a year and you get 10+3+1=14 years. So expect it maybe in 2027.

"soon, shortly, presently, before long, any time now, just around the corner, in the near future, any minute now, before long, coming down the pike, directly, early, ere long, expeditiously, fast, fleetly, forthwith, hastily, in a little while, in a minute, in a second, in a short time, in due time, in short order, in time, instantly, lickety-split, on time, posthaste, presently, promptly, pronto, quick, quickly, rapidly, short, shortly, speedily."
    I'm knackered just reading that!
    jmd.aKBar and pttptppt like this.
    04-22-13 02:02 PM

I did not initially believe that Quantum Math was required but after reading your treatise, I believe it is necessary and I also believe you have pinned down the precise date, well YEAR. Congratulations. I believe the Nobel Prize in Math will be yours. But definitely NOT the Peace Prize.
    jmd.aKBar and pttptppt like this.
    04-22-13 02:50 PM
    I know from a guy who knows a guy who knows Thorsten that it will be release the 10 / 10. Call me superstitious.
    04-22-13 03:54 PM
    I've actually developed a Pavlov response to the word 'soon'. If I hear it or read it I punch the nearest person to me in the head..... If that person happens to be a tween carrying an iphone then even better.
    FF22, Barljo, Affie36 and 3 others like this.
    04-22-13 05:33 PM
    It is coming soon my friends
    04-22-13 06:15 PM
    I see what you did there
    sad_old_man and jmd.aKBar like this.
    04-22-13 06:33 PM
    As Alvin Toffler would opine in 'future shock' as we grow older ' our perception of time contracts, relative to our existence on this planet' So taking that into account....the release date of BBy 10 for playbook....is either in the near future (if some one who is very old) ...say 70 or 80 because waiting for a year is only 1/70 or 1/80 of their life.....or in the distant future...if someone is young.......an 18yr old....waiting a year represents 1/18 of their life....Its all relative....philosophically speaking that is.....

Of course this hasn't really anything to do with the topic ....but i figured we are almost at the point of not caring (at least i am) so I decided to stick my oar in......

Another Philosophical question.....

If BBY finally releases Os10 for playbook ...and there are no users of playbook left......then Did they really release it?
    hexedus, DavidM348 and jmd.aKBar like this.
    04-22-13 06:40 PM
    Hopefully soon but hear that it isn't going to be available to the end of the year.
    04-22-13 06:49 PM
    We heard from the horses mouth.
    04-22-13 06:51 PM
    Thor, baby, good to see you here and even get a reply with a firm "SOON"
    1oo1 and kbz1960 like this.
    04-22-13 08:19 PM
    As Alvin Toffler would opine in 'future shock' as we grow older ' our perception of time contracts, relative to our existence on this planet' So taking that into account....the release date of BBy 10 for playbook....is either in the near future (if some one who is very old) ...say 70 or 80 because waiting for a year is only 1/70 or 1/80 of their life.....or in the distant future...if someone is young.......an 18yr old....waiting a year represents 1/18 of their life....Its all relative....philosophically speaking that is.....

Of course this hasn't really anything to do with the topic ....but i figured we are almost at the point of not caring (at least i am) so I decided to stick my oar in......

Another Philosophical question.....

If BBY finally releases Os10 for playbook ...and there are no users of playbook left......then Did they really release it?
    But with its excellent speakers the one or two diehards will hear it drop whenever that is!
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    04-22-13 08:21 PM
    We heard from the horses mouth.
    I was thinking - perhaps the extreme opposite end of the anatomy.
    hexedus, kbz1960 and Bdot-1 like this.
    04-22-13 08:22 PM
    OK, a bottle of the finest Glenmorangie if the following happens before the end of the year:

1. Blackberry sold for scrap - hardware goes to Lenovo, network and patents to Microsoft
    2. Thorsten Heins gets to finally play with QNX in-car entertainment systems
    3. All BB10 development outsourced to Accenture
    4. Playbook users finally get BB10
    Nick Hoang and sad_old_man like this.
    04-22-13 08:24 PM
    Later this year means December 31st but considering BlackBerry is prone to delays my guess would be some time in 20-not likely to ever happen.

I really don't want the PlayBook to have BlackBerry10. I like the ui how it is. I would like the browser, keyboard, app compatibility etc.
    Nick Hoang and kbz1960 like this.
    04-22-13 09:40 PM
    But with its excellent speakers the one or two diehards will hear it drop whenever that is!
    But those 70 and 80 year ancients with time flying by at an ever increasing pace may not last long enough to be there when the miracle happens. And their hearing is probably shot as well as their and the Playbook batteries.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    04-22-13 10:02 PM
    [QUOTE=oSALILo;8357804]End of 2013
    That means 31/Dec/2013 23:59[/QUOTE
    Hopefully this year won't have a leap second added.....
    FF22 and jmd.aKBar like this.
    04-22-13 10:17 PM
    Does anyone know when BlackBerry 10 releases for PlayBook?
    Welcome to Crackberry, please join the waiting list of those waiting for BB10 on the Playbook.
    Nick Hoang likes this.
    04-22-13 10:20 PM
    It will be on the PlayBook, but the official word is: "We are unable to comment on unreleased products and software. When an update becomes available there will be a notification sent". That is, unfortunately, a direct quote when asked. They really need better PR... and maybe a calendar.
    04-22-13 10:28 PM
    I have a feeling that the current PB will get a dumbed down bb10 Os and we will see a new PB with slightly better specs with a full featured BlackBerry 10 experience. I don't think the current PlayBook can run the current version of BlackBerry 10 well enough.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:52 PM
    yes, we all know, but we won't tell you

there will be no OS 10 for the present PB
    It will be on the new tablet

no need to cry
    Nick Hoang likes this.
    04-22-13 10:55 PM
363 1234 ...