Does the 3.5mm phone jack support a mic?

Some headphones/headsets have In-line microphones and I have both regular headsets and headsets with In-line microphones. Which one would be the right one to use with the Playbook?
    01-09-12 02:54 PM
    The headsets that come with the BB phones phones work as speaker and mic. I assume they are no different then the standard.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    01-09-12 02:57 PM
    As far as I know it just supports headphones maybe ones with mic built in, but I can't find any info on it supporting mics by themselves.

Try your mic headphones, a good test would be using the voice recorder app to see if the mic is picking up any sound from your particular headphones.
    Last edited by Megacharge; 01-09-12 at 03:01 PM.
    01-09-12 02:57 PM
    Does the 3.5mm phone jack support a mic?

Some headphones/headsets have In-line microphones and I have both regular headsets and headsets with In-line microphones. Which one would be the right one to use with the Playbook?
    Chaddface is right. I just proved it the other night regarding a recording question for guitarists. I used my BB headset with mic and used Voice notes. It works perfectly.
    01-09-12 03:01 PM
    Try the voice notes app with any headset that comes with phones. It's better at reducing background noise.
    01-09-12 03:01 PM
    Yes it does - use a four conductor headset like the one that comes with the BB phones. Not stereo though like the internal mics.
    01-09-12 03:02 PM
    Thanks for the replies!
    01-09-12 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD