Does the Playbook version of Documents to Go (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) come with cloud support (eg to link to Dropbox, Box.net, SkyDrive, etc)?

Does it come with One Note?

Thanks.
    04-15-11 07:22 PM
    they do on the smartphones so i think so.
    04-15-11 07:58 PM
    Great question.... I have been trying to get an answer on this question since playing around with the iPad release in light of RIM's purchase of some assets from DataViz a while back. I am very interested to hear for certain if we will get some of the same cloud experience.
    04-15-11 08:07 PM
    Docs 2 Go for iPad/iPhone syncs to numerous different cloud sources. Google Docs, Box.net, Dropbox, MobileMe iDisk or SugarSync.

Docs 2 Go for Android syncs with directly Google Docs, and indirectly to other cloud services via the OS' Send/Share.

Oddly, apparently there's no cloud support for BB yet. However I'd venture a guess that it's not far off in the future since DataViz has a vested interest in producing a quality product to their new parent company. I seriously doubt RIM would allow DataViz to drag their feet on it. (well at least I hope)

Print 2 Cloud support would be nice too.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 04-15-11 at 08:53 PM.
    04-15-11 08:45 PM
    Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly where I read it, but there was an article a month or so ago that stated RIM was working with Microsoft on a deal to provide cloud storage for the PB by sometime this summer. The first year would be free and then $9.95/year. Does anyone else remember seeing that?
    04-15-11 09:15 PM
    I you use dropbox, they ask users to vote for the next features etc that they are going to work on.... go to www.dropbox.com/votebox to vote for a native playbook app
    04-15-11 09:21 PM
    I just found an article about that. It seems to be geared towards business use, not for consumers.

Here's the link.
    Microsoft RIM Collaborate on Cloud Solutions for BlackBerry PlayBook
    04-15-11 09:50 PM
    I just found an article about that. It seems to be geared towards business use, not for consumers.

Here's the link.
    Microsoft RIM Collaborate on Cloud Solutions for BlackBerry PlayBook
    Thanks for the info. It would be nice to have a consumer version of this that does not rely on the BB bridge.
    04-15-11 11:06 PM
    I you use dropbox, they ask users to vote for the next features etc that they are going to work on.... go to www.dropbox.com/votebox to vote for a native playbook app
    Thank you for pointing this out. I just voted and I was #21. Other features have tens of thousands of votes. A lot more people are going to have to vote for a PlayBook native app before this option gets any notice!
    04-16-11 12:06 AM
    I read in a review within the last 24 hours that using the Bridge, email attachments won't be able to be opened/edited on the PlayBook. Is this correct?
    04-16-11 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD