My apologies for reposting this but i can't see my post anywhere and not sure if you've seen it.
    I just purchased my new PB and downloaded BB desktop Manager as well as Docs2Go for Blackberry on my pc desktop. My pc and the BBdesktop Manager both recognize my PB except for the Docs2Go which keeps giving me one of two errors saying ....Your device is not Detected please make sure your device is plugged into the computer....or...Docs2Go are not detected and need to be intalled. Ive installed and reinstalled them on my desktop many times...turned off wifi and still nothing. I'm running on windows 7.....i really need to sync between my pc and the pb and not any cloud storage......Please help!!
    Thanks
    aris
    11-08-12 08:35 AM
    OK first explain what you mean by docs to go on pc doesn't recognize pb.
    11-08-12 08:43 AM
    Have you contacted DataVIZ (the maker of Docs2Go). In my humble opinion, if DM and PC can "see" the PB then the problem lies within the desktop version of Docs2Go.
    11-08-12 08:50 AM
    I'm almost sure DataViz no longer support Doc2Go for blackberry! It is purchased via apply world
    11-08-12 11:37 AM
    I mean that i have the d2g on my pc desktop along with my BB desktop manager. Both the pc and the BBDTM recognize my PB. When i isntalled d2g from DataViz and tried to "add" or Pair as new device, as requested, it gives me one of the 2 error mesages i mentioned earlier. It says it either doesnt detect my PB conneceted ...or...it doesnt detect the d2g app on my PB.
    11-08-12 12:14 PM
    I just got a reply from DV and they told me to contact RIM....figures
    11-08-12 12:22 PM
    Also, Is states that BB 7 doesnt support d2g....is the playbook a BB 7? Sorry, i'm an iphone guy,
    11-08-12 12:27 PM
    Also, Is states that BB 7 doesnt support d2g....is the playbook a BB 7? Sorry, i'm an iphone guy,
    No, PB runs a different OS from that of the BB (phone).
    I think what DV told you is just cr***p. In their website is clearly states that if you have a BB phone with OS7.xxx then D2G comes pre-installed and there is no need to purchase (as opposed to BB phones that run OS6xxx or 5xxx). So, OS7xxx DO support d2g.

FYI the PB's OS is currently 2.1.01088 whereas the latest BB OS is 7.xxx (I don't know exactly the version number because I have an older BB).
    If you can't find any solution form the more experienced users of this forum then yes, try to contact RIM
    11-08-12 12:41 PM
    You need Document To Go Files, which is not available for playbook, only BB phones! I downloaded it to playbook, but would not install, a java based app
    11-08-12 12:44 PM
    Another way around this is sync playbook with PC, either USB or wifi and manually sync files
    11-08-12 12:47 PM
    I had a browse and found this on the DataViz web site

RIM is the sole developer of Documents To Go that came preinstalled on your BlackBerry 7 device and BlackBerry Playbook.

For inquiries for Documents To Go for BlackBerry 7, please see the Documents To Go for BlackBerry 7 user guide or contact RIM directly as this is not a DataViz product: BlackBerry - US Help & Support Services - Get Step By Step Setup Instructions - US

For Playbook inquiries, please see the following RIM support link: BlackBerry PlayBook Help & Support - Tablet Support Step By Step Setup - US

Previous versions of Docs To Go that work on a BlackBerry OS 4.5- 6.0 phone should not be installed on the BlackBerry OS 7 device or Playbook. This includes versions of "Documents To Go Files" for desktop synchronization. Since Documents To Go for BlackBerry 7 and for the PlayBook is NOT a DataViz product, you cannot use the DataViz "Documents To Go Files" application to synchronize.
    11-08-12 12:53 PM
    Hello. I use 'Docs to go' which syncs with my desktop/laptop to my Android phone through usb. The 'Docs to go' app for Playbook appears to only give use of the documents and to save. To transfer them to the computer from the Playbook and vice versa, 'copy' the files and paste them to the laptop/desktop via usb. There is no sync to the Blackberry. Hope this helps

Regards

Ross
    11-08-12 01:01 PM
    Thank You all, and thanks westkirby01..It looks like a drag and drop scenario for now....i have been able to drag and drop them drectly through MY Computer by clicking on the PB icon and they store very easily and open and function easy within the D2G on my PB. Will they eventually fix this problem so we can sync? Thnx
    11-08-12 03:05 PM
    oops, i meant thanks Ross,
    11-08-12 03:38 PM
    The sync client is for the phones only guys. It was never supposed to work with the PlayBook.
    dave_h_946 likes this.
    11-08-12 08:17 PM