Does anyone know if the BlackBerry pod/dock charger is the only one on the market using the 3 prong connector for the PB?

I ask because I've heard too many horror stories about how the mini USB port can get loose and damaged over time during constant plugging/unplugging with the regular USB charger that comes with PB. But the BlackBerry pod/dock charger requires that the PB cover be removed to mount on the charger. So looking for alternatives.
    02-24-12 01:38 PM
    I have 2 of the dock chargers and 1 pod charger and love them. If you are using a cover then get the pod charger as you'll have to take it out of the cover to throw it in the dock. Not a huge deal but I'd imagine after some time of yanking the pb in and out, the cover will break.
    02-24-12 01:41 PM
    I thought the dock and pod is the same thing, and uses the 3 prong connector rather than the mini USB port. So I'm assuming you're saying you always have to remove the PB cover in order to use it.
    02-24-12 01:56 PM
    I thought the dock and pod is the same thing, and uses the 3 prong connector rather than the mini USB port. So I'm assuming you're saying you always have to remove the PB cover in order to use it.
    Ok, I'm probably calling it the wrong thing since I wasn't sure what you were referring too as pod. The dock is the a charger that you can sit the playbook in and it holds it upright for you. I also have a rapid charger which works well with the case.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Rapid Travel Charger for Playbook - Retail Packaging - Black: Electronics

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Charging-Stand-Playbook/dp/B004XDTXZI/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330116057&sr =1-3
    02-24-12 02:42 PM
    Ok, I'm probably calling it the wrong thing since I wasn't sure what you were referring too as pod. The dock is the a charger that you can sit the playbook in and it holds it upright for you. I also have a rapid charger which works well with the case.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Rapid Travel Charger for Playbook - Retail Packaging - Black: Electronics

Amazon.com: Blackberry Rapid Charging Stand for Playbook - Retail Packaging - Black: Electronics
    OK, thanks, that makes sense. So it sounds like the Rapid Charger is the best solution if you want to use the 3 prong connector and not have to take the PB out of the cover to charge each time.
    02-24-12 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD